• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Has anyone seen any of the "Sense8" series from netflix that's just out? I tried to make it through one episode and it was gnarly. My best description. Gnarly isn't good or bad...just tough to deal with. Which may not be a bad thing.

What did y'all think?
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• BlazingBolt
      SLAM DUNK!
      • Jun 2013
      • East County San Diego
      • Bolt fanatic
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Foxbatkllr View Post
      Tonight's episode made the whole season!

Holy crap was it amazing!
      Yeah by far the best episode of the season.
      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• KarlC
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Texas Rising eps 1-3 (first 6 hours).

Don't know as much about the Texas independence conflict as some other wars, so I can't comment on it's accuracy (except for pretty much everything about Emily West being conjecture- that's a fact), but it's enjoyable enough so far. It's a bit grandiose and bloody (what's with all the gore lately? Dig, Olympus, and now this). The guy they have playing Santa Anna is good. He really was a megalomaniacal dickhead who couldn't get out of the way of his own ego. Sorry I have to wait for new eps, kinda.

Oh, and alex? I know I haven't lived in SoCal in 33 years, but when I was there I remember "gnarly" being an exclusively positive superlative. I know I've heard it used in a negative context since then (in movies and tv), but before I moved away from San Diego it was always analogous to "bitchin" or "awesome".

Has anyone with one of those degrees with lots of letters after it ever written a book about SoCal slang of the 70s and early 80s? I'd read that sucker in a heartbeat.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• KarlC
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Olympus ep 09. SPOILERS!!!

Wow, the little biotch kid turned out to be worth a hundred of his dad.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• KarlC
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

TURN episode 09. Kinda-semi-spoilers?

Simcoe, Simcoe, Simcoe... Would someone please stab him in the face, light him on fire, then REALLY go to work on him? I'm really hoping Hewlett checkmates his psychopathic ass in some fatal way, but I'm not expecting anything so satisfying. I'd accept Simcoe being lowered inch-by-inch into a pit of rabid weasels, though. :lmao:

Caleb, you look so funny without your soup-catcher.

Anna, that was badass. Lorena Bobbitt look out - you have competition.

Oh, I almost forgot. Just realized last week Robert Rogers is played by the same guy who played Robert the Bruce in Braveheart. Boy, he really let himself go.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• KarlC
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Halt and Catch Fire S2 ep 01. Spoilers?!

Holy crap, riot girl and mrs. housewife! Wild Wild West MUTHAFUCKAHZ!

Still haven't found a musical selection in this show out of temporal place yet. The Soundtrack people must have good vetting.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

For me, the third episode of Texas Rising dragged a bit, and it looks like the last two episodes will focus primarily on the Battle of San Jacinto. There's other stuff that seems out of place, but to me the biggest issue is that the period music is too perfect and staged where its distracting. Kids getting killed is a bit over the top, but that's the History Channel for ya!

Comment

• KarlC
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Watching the horsies. Kyoo-doss to American Pharaoh.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• KarlC
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Starting on last season of Falling Skies. SPOILERS!!!

Jeebus crispies! The first segment of that first ep belongs in the WTF thread.

Ok, back to the action...

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• KarlC
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Falling Skies S4 ep 03. Spoilerishness!

Damn, this is some fun stuff. I should've watched it last year when it aired, but oh well.

I like the bit where Tom had to accept his son as a Leader and Equal. Great growing moment for him.

I love Will Patton in this show. It's my favorite of his since he played that psychopath in The Postman. Underrated guy.

Pope. Holy crap, Pope. If there was ever a character that was Chaotic/Neutral, it's him.

Maggie, oh my. I didn't realize she had so much meat on her bones. Until this season, I thought she was just another size-zero bimbo, then I saw those biceps. Yum!

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• KarlC
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Falling Skies S4 ep 07 spoilerishness.

Wow, Pope falling for a girl? That's the freakiest thing I've seen so far....

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• KarlC
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

The Last Ship S2 ep 01.

Spoilers.

Wow, daughter telling off mom in an awesome way. Best part of the episode.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

Working...
                          X