Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
    That show can be lot to deal with for a BPD person like myself (a lot of intense emotional stuff for me in many scenes) but most nights I never want the show to end. I heard what this year will be like from one of the actors (Keri Russell) and I really am looking forward to this season.
    Wait A Minute?

You know Keri Russell? I love her. (Seriously, if my wife and I did one of those lame 'list' things...she'd be on mine.)
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
      Wait A Minute?

You know Keri Russell? I love her. (Seriously, if my wife and I did one of those lame 'list' things...she'd be on mine.)
      No, I wish! I saw her on one of the late night talk shows. She gave an overall theme of where the show will be focusing this season. Sounded very cool to me.
      For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• I never, in a million years, thought I would enjoy a show from WGN, but their show "Outsiders" has been pretty damn good so far.

Comment

• UtahBolt
          Did we win?
          • Jun 2013
          • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
          • Send PM

Spoilers! Just watched the Walking Dead finale. WTF? Stupidest ending ever. I get the idea of a cliffhanger and I actually liked the whole Negan character introduction. I thought the whole final scene, dialogue, acting, etc were riveting but then to end it that way was just chicken shit. Just a ploy by the show runners to keep people talking but the result is going to be the opposite. Instead of the huge emotional impact of seeing the immediate death of a major character they are now going to wait six months and the impact on the audience will have worn off by then. That and there is no way they keep it quiet while filming so by the time it airs in October, everyone will know who it was. Really stupid decision.

That and I am so tired of the writers making the characters do things that they would never do just to move the story along and put characters in peril. They are under threat of an imminent attack and there is no way they would all leave to find Maggie a doctor, they would send one person to find the doctor and bring him back. There is no way all three of them would go off to find Daryl, there is no way Rick and Morgan would leave to find Carol, etc. Just stupid writing just so they can get all of the characters in position to be caught by Negan and then set up the whole stupid fucking ending.
          I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I stopped watching the Walking Dead once the main dude started having emotions. I don't like emotional shit mixed in with shows - especially shows with zombies.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Anyone watching Daredevil on Netflix? It's everything the comic was and more imo!
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                Anyone watching Daredevil on Netflix? It's everything the comic was and more imo!
                Yep, I binge-watched both seasons at netflix right when each season came out. Infinitely better than watching the Padres this year and last.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                  Spoilers! Just watched the Walking Dead finale. WTF? Stupidest ending ever. I get the idea of a cliffhanger and I actually liked the whole Negan character introduction. I thought the whole final scene, dialogue, acting, etc were riveting but then to end it that way was just chicken shit. Just a ploy by the show runners to keep people talking but the result is going to be the opposite. Instead of the huge emotional impact of seeing the immediate death of a major character they are now going to wait six months and the impact on the audience will have worn off by then. That and there is no way they keep it quiet while filming so by the time it airs in October, everyone will know who it was. Really stupid decision.

That and I am so tired of the writers making the characters do things that they would never do just to move the story along and put characters in peril. They are under threat of an imminent attack and there is no way they would all leave to find Maggie a doctor, they would send one person to find the doctor and bring him back. There is no way all three of them would go off to find Daryl, there is no way Rick and Morgan would leave to find Carol, etc. Just stupid writing just so they can get all of the characters in position to be caught by Negan and then set up the whole stupid fucking ending.
                  What do you like about the show?

Comment

• UtahBolt
                    Did we win?
                    • Jun 2013
                    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                    What do you like about the show?
                    Haha! You're right! I am still trying to figure that out after six seasons. I will keep coming back to it because I am not very smart..
                    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                      Haha! You're right! I am still trying to figure that out after six seasons. I will keep coming back to it because I am not very smart..
                      I'm asking because (oh no, Trevor Story just hit his sixth HR of the season - WOW) I want to know what keeps people watching zombie stuff. When I saw "Night of the Living Dead" (first zombie movie I think) I thought "oh, that was fun but I don't need any more walking dead for the rest of my life". What makes you - and others can chime in - keep coming back for more zombies? Aren't they all the same? What am I not getting? I know it has to be something pretty good.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

The best zombie movie I've seen is Shaun of the Dead. I wasn't expecting it to be good because of the title and the picture on the cover, but it is a masterpiece blend of action and comedy.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

I can see comedy being a real asset in zombie flicks because stuff like the TV series "The Walking Dead" seems very depressing if it's truly about how people become assholes when word-wide calamities strike. Is that really it's appeal?

Comment

Working...
                          X