Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ratenstein
    There are some differences.
    Z-Nation is basically a parody.
    World War Z had how to try to organize to defeat it... and I guess the 28 Days ones sort of go that way too.
    Walking Dead seems to be more about how people revert to being completely savage a-holes when the rule of law can't be enforced to maintain a civilization; it's more about the people's interactions with each other than directly about zombies a lot of the time.
    Of all of the ones more about just survival, my favorite is Night of the Comet, but their zombies were a little different.
    I needed to bump this post for my viewing pleasure.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

Last Night's "The Americans" was hard to beat.

What a great show. Incredibly, it just keeps getting better.

Meanwhile... been watching the crap out of "VEEP" trying to get caught up before the new season starts.

Holy smokes is that show hilarious.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
        Last Night's "The Americans" was hard to beat.

What a great show. Incredibly, it just keeps getting better.

Meanwhile... been watching the crap out of "VEEP" trying to get caught up before the new season starts.

Holy smokes is that show hilarious.
        Where are you watching VEEP? I have the 4th season available through on demand. How are you getting seasons 1-3?

Good luck Martha. That's all I can say.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

I have been watching VEEP on HBO go, and chromecasting it to the TV.

Just finished season 4 last night. Ready for Season 5 on Sunday!

Martha is in a world of trouble.

Comment

• KarlC
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Ratenstein: There are some differences.
            Z-Nation is basically a parody.
            World War Z had how to try to organize to defeat it... and I guess the 28 Days ones sort of go that way too.
            Walking Dead seems to be more about how people revert to being completely savage a-holes when the rule of law can't be enforced to maintain a civilization; it's more about the people's interactions with each other than directly about zombies a lot of the time.
            Of all of the ones more about just survival, my favorite is Night of the Comet, but their zombies were a little different.
            Originally posted by alex View Post
            I needed to bump this post for my viewing pleasure.
            There is another point about TWD: It was written by a soulmate of George Martin of Game of Thrones fame.

They have both confessed to being character-killing trolls. If that's your kink, good on you. Just not my cuppa.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• KarlC
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Catching up on the first half of Season 4 of Vikings.

Vikings ep 08 random thoughts spoilers.

Wow, Ragnar, did you really just do that? Badly done, dude.

Count Odo, good riddance.

That avatar of Odin whatshisname - Harbard? - Weasel in the henhouse fresher. Did Princess skinny really not get it until then?

Judith, Dang, girl. You went there. Hope she doesn't die, because hawt babe.

Wonderful explanation of the portaging use by the Vikings. That was one of their advantages that made them so successful.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• KarlC
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Spoiler question for anyone who follows Game of Thrones:

Not a fan, but I watched a little of it during the recent freeview, and I was wondering why Stannis launched his ill-fated invasion? Why did he do that in the first place? What was his motivation?

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by KarlC View Post
                  Spoiler question for anyone who follows Game of Thrones:

Not a fan, but I watched a little of it during the recent freeview, and I was wondering why Stannis launched his ill-fated invasion? Why did he do that in the first place? What was his motivation?
                  The one up North? Or the first one on King's Landing?

I am assuming the Northern Invasion.

He was thinking he would get help from the Wildlings and take Winterfell. And he got bad advice from Melisandre. And they lost a bunch of troops (deserters) on the march South from the wall.

Comment

• Screeme
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                    The one up North? Or the first one on King's Landing?

I am assuming the Northern Invasion.

He was thinking he would get help from the Wildlings and take Winterfell. And he got bad advice from Melisandre. And they lost a bunch of troops (deserters) on the march South from the wall.
                    I assumed he meant the Battle of Blackwater. Thats funny.

The Attack at Kings Landing was a direct attempt to take over the Iron Throne, which Stannis felt was his after King Roberts (Stannis' brother) death.. due to Joffrey being illegitimate. He would have won this battle if not for Tywin reading the tea leaves and knowing where he had to be. This episode also has, what is still, my favorite moment from this show through all seasons. "Those are brave men knocking at our door! Lets go kill them!" I was pretty much ready to grab my sword and leap off the couch!

His motivation for the seige on Winterfell was not much different. His ultimate goal is the Iron Throne. He thought by capturing Winterfell he could command the Northern Armies. Despite no Northern Houses backing his claim (He tries to change this by recruiting Jon Snow to his side- and offered to give him the name Jon Stark- in exchange for rallying the northern houses under the Stark Banner and making Jon "Warden of the North". Jon declines due to his Oath to the Nights Watch), despite not getting the army of wildlings, despite losing most of his sellsword army to sickness, abandonment, and Ramsey Bolton's sneaky maneuvering; he continued because he believed in Melisandre, who continually claims to see victory in the flames for Stannis. He believes so much as to even endure, what was maybe the hardest scene to watch from this show through all seasons. She continues to urge him forward, and really up to that point, she'd proven to be pretty much on the money.
                    Last edited by Screeme; 05-05-2016, 04:36 AM.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoDak
                      • Technology Director
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post
                      I assumed he meant the Battle of Blackwater. Thats funny.

The Attack at Kings Landing was a direct attempt to take over the Iron Throne, which Stannis felt was his after King Roberts (Stannis' brother) death.. due to Joffrey being illegitimate. He would have won this battle if not for Tywin reading the tea leaves and knowing where he had to be. This episode also has, what is still, my favorite moment from this show through all seasons. "Those are brave men knocking at our door! Lets go kill them!" I was pretty much ready to grab my sword and leap off the couch!

His motivation for the seige on Winterfell was not much different. His ultimate goal is the Iron Throne. He thought by capturing Winterfell he could command the Northern Armies. Despite no Northern Houses backing his claim (He tries to change this by recruiting Jon Snow to his side- and offered to give him the name Jon Stark- in exchange for rallying the northern houses under the Stark Banner and making Jon "Warden of the North". Jon declines due to his Oath to the Nights Watch), despite not getting the army of wildlings, despite losing most of his sellsword army to sickness, abandonment, and Ramsey Bolton's sneaky maneuvering; he continued because he believed in Melisandre, who continually claims to see victory in the flames for Stannis. He believes so much as to even endure, what was maybe the hardest scene to watch from this show through all seasons. She continues to urge him forward, and really up to that point, she'd proven to be pretty much on the money.
                      This is summed up much better than mine.

Also worth mentioning, at black water... Tyrion also saved the day. Destroyed most of Stannis's fleet.

I love this show.

Comment

• KarlC
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Game of Thrones SPOILERS.

So, it was just a despotic power-grab and he was deluded by the red-haired witch? I get he thought it was his right from that Melodysheep song

The witch was telling him he was some kind of foreseen hero or something? So, he thinks: "Yeah, I AM. I can do anything". Then the floor collapses on that march north?

Also, in that video it kind of implies Stannis had something to do with that little blonde Calligula-wannabe's death. Did he?

I really don't mind being spoiled on this. I have no intention of ever reading the books, and I might watch some more of the tv show next HBO/MAX freeview, but it bothers me not at all to know what's going to happen.

And thanks for the info guys.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

If you have to pick one...Vikings or GOT? Are they copies?

I can maybe do one of them. but not both. So who do you prefer?

Comment

Working...
                          X