• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The cooking competitions put people in fabricated situations where they have been given motivations that might not be true and have been given a character identity that might not be true.

An turn on travel or wether channel and tell me that's not reality programming.
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Savage Lizard View Post
      I used to watch that religiously, but grew weary of the whole "burn" stuff. I just dug Michael, Sam, and Fiona helping people out with their spy backgrounds. The whole who burned him, need to find out why, etc. shit just got old and it added nothing to the the episodes.
      Yep. The real unigue (sp?) Part of that show is all the McGyver like spy tricks they set up and explain in Michael's monologues. It has gotten tired lately, but BC saves it.

Time to mention this Fiona
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
        It pays my bills.

But I do think Bourdain, Fast and Loud, Pawn Stars, Duck Dynasty, Top Chef, Project Runway, Chopped...etc. Are all well made, well shot, produced and edited reality programs
        Haven't seen Fast & Loud yet. Will check it out as I love car restoration shows. Got a 57 Chevy stepside finished, and a 67 Mustang waiting in the back of the driveway for some TLC.

I saw one that took place in a junkyard out in Arizona, but didn't catch the name of it. Really liked that show.
        sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
          Haven't seen Fast & Loud yet. Will check it out as I love car restoration shows. Got a 57 Chevy stepside finished, and a 67 Mustang waiting in the back of the driveway for some TLC.

I saw one that took place in a junkyard out in Arizona, but didn't catch the name of it. Really liked that show.
          It's a good show. Mostly the camera work, blocking and editing are very well done. So while I normally wouldn't watch it I do more for how well it's made. They restore classic cars unlike Counting Cars that restores high end and classics.

The show I think you are talking about is Desert Car Kings. Also on Discovery.
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

It's a good show. Mostly the camera work, blocking and editing are very well done. So while I normally wouldn't watch it I do more for how well it's made. They restore classic cars unlike Counting Cars that restores high end and classics.

That's the one! Thanks.
            I don't like the bald douche on counting cars, with the I fool everyone rag on his head. What a dipstick.
            sigpic

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

He does own a ton of cool cars.
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

The cooking competitions put people in fabricated situations where they have been given motivations that might not be true and have been given a character identity that might not be true.

An turn on travel or wether channel and tell me that's not reality programming.
                i don't think of it as being "reality" tv in the way you're meaning, which is too literal. i'm talking about kardashians, that snatch off e! and her husband, honeybooboo, duck dynasty, road rules, jersey shore, big brother, gene simmons, the osbournes, etc.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by pumpkinhead80 View Post
                  i don't think of it as being "reality" tv in the way you're meaning, which is too literal. i'm talking about kardashians, that snatch off e! and her husband, honeybooboo, duck dynasty, road rules, jersey shore, big brother, gene simmons, the osbournes, etc.
                  And I'm saying there is a lot less real in the competition shows than these other shows you mention. Other than Road Rules and Big Brother which are very similar to competition series. I've edited 3 cooking/baking competition series. A renovation competition series. A design competition series an a hybrid reality/gameshow. As well as what are more standard reality shows.

The big thing for a competition series (other than one-offs like chopped)compared to other reality shows is the creation of story archs and character. Often those have to be created.
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

yes i understand what you're trying to convey, i am just trying to explain i don't lump them into that same "reality" category, they may be some side branch cousin to that genre, but they're not the same to me. i don't much watch any of it to be honest. once in a while if something like strange foods or bourdain are on, or even guy fieri i'll watch that. the top chef type stuff, not interesting to me at all. i just don't consider it a straight up reality show. like we said, it's more game showy as people are trying to win something. the fictitious follow me around and see how i live shows are the ones i'm mostly annoyed with and upset with people for watching.

Comment

• Savage Lizard
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Big Bear
                      • Self-employed property manager.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                      That's the one! Thanks.
                      I don't like the bald douche on counting cars, with the I fool everyone rag on his head. What a dipstick.
                      Ha ha! I said something very similar the other day. Who the fuck do he, Leif Garrett, Hulk Hogan, Bret Michaels, and anyone else sporting the "cover most of my head" bandanas think they are fooling? It's just a different version of a comb-over. You're bald dude, come to grips with it.

Comment

• Savage Lizard
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Big Bear
                        • Send PM

I like Fast 'n Loud, good stuff. Looks like a fun business to be in too.

Comment

• Savage Lizard
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Big Bear
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by pumpkinhead80 View Post
                          the fictitious follow me around and see how i live shows are the ones i'm mostly annoyed with and upset with people for watching.
                          Those are dogshit, I have no idea why people watch that shit, and thanks to those viewers we can't get rid of the Kardashians.

Comment

Working...
                          X