The R.I.P. Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • 39434
    • Send PM

    #769
    R.I.P. Bonnie Tyler, 74, after complications from emergency surgery with a ruptured appendix, was sttil touring. Distinctive voice, very memorable music, Total Eclipse of the Heart, Its a Heartache, Holding Out for a Hero....



    Comment

    • Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • 39434
      • Send PM

      #770
      R.I.P. Randolph Mantooth, 80, "Johnny Gage" Fireman-Paramedic" on Emergency!. That show was my favorite in the 70's and I watch whenever I find it on a re-run. It was one of the shows created by Jack Webb, who also created Dragnet and Adam-12. He and his cast mates probably inspired many to become Fire Fighters or Paramedics, maybe even Emergency MDs. At the time the series started, there were maybe 12 fire stations with medically trained Paramedics, but now essential first responders. Mantooth continued a long career in television, on a number of soap operas, and was also an advocate for Paramedic services. By the way, he and his tv partner Kevin Tighe did most of his stunts on Emergency!. He was battling various cancers for a number of years, including throat cancer, since 2013.

      Squad 51 KMG-365.

      Comment

      • Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • 39434
        • Send PM

        #771
        R.I.P. Dolly Parton.

        Comment

        • wu-dai clan
          Moderator
          • May 2017
          • 19043
          • Send PM

          #772
          Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          R.I.P. Dolly Parton.
          Hits hard.
          Unique woman.
          Great human being.
          Strange69...Adopted Bolt

          Comment

          • Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • 39434
            • Send PM

            #773
            Rough week, Shelley Fabares, 82 (actress in "The Donna Reed Show", "One Day at Time", Coach" and singer "Johnny Angel", Tim Curry, 80, "Rocky Horror Picture Show", and Jaye P. Morgan, 94, Singer and Game Show Panelist on The Gong Show". Jaye P was a hoot and got fired when she showed her bare chest on live TV. Rest in Peace.

            Comment

            Working...