Breaking Bad final season thread (Spoilers Included)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vermstyr
    ACEofSPADES11
    • Jun 2013
    • Mass
    • Send PM

I missed the first episode of Breaking Bad and had to wait for the DVD to release. When it did, I bought it with a feeling that I would love the show. I would go on to watch the first season 4 times before the second season came out on DVD.

Back then, the show was originally supposed to be 3 seasons, but as the show grew in popularity AMC gave Gilligan the go ahead to plan a longer story arc. Honestly I was afraid that an extension may reduce the overall quality and integrity of the show. This was one of the few times that I am glad they added on to the original outline.

The show was very close to perfect for me. The setting and 'rules' they created were extremely realistic and they went by them almost entirely and I loved it even more for that.

The ending was perfect. As weird as this sounds, for me, it almost felt too perfect. I still need to watch it again though, but I have been letting what I saw sink in the past few days. I wish we had gotten more emotional content with Marie, especially post-Hank's death, it felt like she was too involved the entire series to kind of go on the back burner.

I was supposed to get 3 seasons and I got 5, yet I can't help but feel a bit sad that it is over. Great series.

BTW, I think Jesse is toast: He had to have passed those cops leaving a crime scene on a single dirt road and his prints were all over the meth lab. There may even be prints on Hank/Gomez to connect him to their murders.

Also, if the little kid was able to reach a hospital and be saved as long as they knew it was ricin, then could Lydia not just go to a hospital and tell them she got a phone call saying she was poisoned by ricin? She did not look too bad, seems like she could still be alive.
    Last edited by Vermstyr; 10-02-2013, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
      SLAM DUNK!
      • Jun 2013
      • East County San Diego
      • Bolt fanatic
      • Send PM

I saw a reviewer saying the finale felt surreal, like it was Walt's fantasy of how he wanted to go out and did not seem as based in reality as the rest of the series. This most wanted criminal is just walking around all over town without being detected.....when did Walt become a ninja?

I get some of that, but am glad it went down the way it did so it doesn't really bother me.

I don't know that the kid would of survived the ricin.....I would imagine it has to do with dosage and when it is detected. They never claimed he was going to make it or going to die for sure if it was ricin....all they said was it was strange for Jesse to be claiming it was ricin and that the symptoms were similar. We know it wasn't ricin afterall.

I was wondering about Walt's motive for killing Lydia. He did his best to leave Todd in charge and partnered with her and I don't really think Walt was aware of any thing that she did that would mean she had to die in his eyes. She didn't steal his money, the Nazis did. She didn't have anything to do with Hank getting killed. She didn't rat. Sure she was in business with the Nazi's but she was also just as willing to go in to business with Walt after Fring. I guess we can assume she pressured the nazis in to kiling Declan, I don't think Walt knew about that. The only reason I can think is that Walt felt she was a threat to Skyler and his family because of the car wash encounter......but it seemed to me that Todd was behind that because he wanted to protect Lydia and their business relationship as well not that Lydia had put them up to it because she was worried. If she was worried why would she have shown up at the car wash at all.
      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I think Walt knew Lydia would want to tie up any lose ends on her part if she were still alive. Killing her left no one to threaten his family. Lydia was pretty ruthless
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• BlazingBolt
          SLAM DUNK!
          • Jun 2013
          • East County San Diego
          • Bolt fanatic
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          I think Walt knew Lydia would want to tie up any lose ends on her part if she were still alive. Killing her left no one to threaten his family. Lydia was pretty ruthless
          True, but was Walt even aware of any of her ruthlessness? Seemed only us viewers were made aware of it, I can't recall any of it that Walt had knowledge of.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
            True, but was Walt even aware of any of her ruthlessness? Seemed only us viewers were made aware of it, I can't recall any of it that Walt had knowledge of.
            Walt knew that Lydia put a hot out on Mike. And put the hit out on all of Mike's men. Remember Walt asking for the names and he was going to poison her then.
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Vermstyr
              ACEofSPADES11
              • Jun 2013
              • Mass
              • Send PM

I thought it was more based on the fact that she was helping to push Jesse's meth around the world. Clearly Walt did not think highly of those who were connected with him and selling it haha.

I could have sworn when the kid was poisoned that Hank or someone had said the doctors said the kid would be fine because they found out it was ricin (even if it wasn't, the hospital thought it was I thought and had a treatment available). I cannot remember for certain however.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

The kid wasnt poisoned with Ricin. Walt poisoned him with "The Lilly of the Valley" from his backyard.

Jesse thought that the kid had been poisoned with ricin because the cigarette was missing. Huell took the cigarette off Jesse and Saul gave the cigarette back to Walt
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                  SLAM DUNK!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • East County San Diego
                  • Bolt fanatic
                  • Send PM

Walt knew that Lydia put a hot out on Mike. And put the hit out on all of Mike's men. Remember Walt asking for the names and he was going to poison her then.
                  That's right, I forgot about that. Mike took out the hitman.

He didn't poison her then because she made the business proposition. I guess she was pushing to have Mikes guys killed even if it was Walt who ultimatelly put the hit on them after she gave Walt the names.

I think they should have given us some explanation of how Walt was able to poison Brock.....was there something about Saul seeing his school lunch records or did I imagine that?

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                    That's right, I forgot about that. Mike took out the hitman.

He didn't poison her then because she made the business proposition. I guess she was pushing to have Mikes guys killed even if it was Walt who ultimatelly put the hit on them after she gave Walt the names.

I think they should have given us some explanation of how Walt was able to poison Brock.....was there something about Saul seeing his school lunch records or did I imagine that?
                    I don't think they ever explained or hinted at how he poisoned the kid. That episode is a good one to view twice. Stuff you don't see the first time. Walt being suicidal in the backyard spinning the gun because Jesse has teamed up with Gus and he doesn't see a solution. That's when he comes up with the Lilly of the Valley idea. Which is just the most messed up twisted way for him to get Jesse back and set up the face off with Gus. Amazing plan. Also the moment I realized it was not going to end well for Walt.

As for Lydia, Walt actually wante all of Mike's guys dead as well. But I think he wanted to kill her because he couldn't trust her. Because she was just as ruthless as he was
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

At least it wasnt a dream that Walt was in...Like the ending of the Newhart series. That might be the best finale of all time.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        At least it wasnt a dream that Walt was in...Like the ending of the Newhart series. That might be the best finale of all time.
                        The ending of St Elsewhere is the best
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Vermstyr
                          ACEofSPADES11
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Mass
                          • Send PM

The kid wasnt poisoned with Ricin. Walt poisoned him with "The Lilly of the Valley" from his backyard.

Jesse thought that the kid had been poisoned with ricin because the cigarette was missing. Huell took the cigarette off Jesse and Saul gave the cigarette back to Walt
                          I don't think you even read my post then:

"I could have sworn when the kid was poisoned that Hank or someone had said the doctors said the kid would be fine because they found out it was ricin (even if it wasn't, the hospital thought it was I thought and had a treatment available). I cannot remember for certain however. "

Comment

Working...
                          X