• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Has the idiot even offered his ideas on a solution? Or, has he just pissed and moaned? If you're gonna bitch about something and then come up with a protest to bring attention to it, shouldn't you offer up your plan for a remedy?
    sigpic

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
      Has the idiot even offered his ideas on a solution? Or, has he just pissed and moaned? If you're gonna bitch about something and then come up with a protest to bring attention to it, shouldn't you offer up your plan for a remedy?
      He said police need more training, which is true. I cannot remember the examples he gave, but he listed a couple of comparatively meaningless jobs that currently mandate more training than policing.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
        What makes you think whites and Hispanics don't have issues with the police or that the police wrong them? I had a rough run-in with Sherriff Joe back in the day and I'm pretty aryan. It was also pretty unjust.
        You did not read what I wrote. As often happens, you are arguing against something that you agree with.
        Do you have video or transcripts of your confrontation with Sharif Joe?

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          I'm sure they do have the occasional run in. I'm not defending asshole cops - I know a couple. But overall cops have an utterly thankless, dangerous job and most do a good job despite the attitude and crap heaped on them by the public. I honestly have no idea how they restrain themselves at times with some of the junk (verbal and physical) thrown at them. Most I have talked to overwhelming say that if you are calm and keep the attitude to a minimum, nothing bad will ever happen. But sadly, that doesn't always happen.
          True. We should thank cops and encourage more people to pursue a law-enforcement career by paying them more money. Same goes for soldiers and teachers.

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

Class.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Wow. Just wow.

Comment

• captaind
                Cook This Pork Chops
                • Jun 2013
                • Mars
                • Ball Holder
                • Send PM

Now will he be fined for being out of uniform? I recall Peyton being fined for wearing the wrong hat at a post game presser. Pretty sure the rules are strict on this sort of thing.

And how did the 49ers not know he was wearing them? Can't convince me otherwise.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

It was practice, so he won't be fined for the socks. There are all sorts of uniform violations in practice. Anyway, the socks go well beyond political speech... its saying 'fire' in a movie theater.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

He's just raising awareness for a cause he cares about. Think about how much good will come from him wearing socks of pig cartoons with police hats on them. It will definitely ease tensions and soothe the suffering of those who have lost family members on both sides of this debate. And it will help positively influence how young people who look up to Kaepernick view law enforcement, thus reducing the likelihood that others will be shot by police while committing their crimes.

I, for one, am excited to see the next cause that Kaepernick wants to raise awareness for. Maybe to demonstrate the need for peace in Palestine, he can wear silly socks with cartoons of Hasidic Rabbis with a line through them. Or for an end to the conflicts in Ulster, he can wear socks with drunken leprechauns fighting English bobbies. Or to end world hunger, he can wear socks with funny cartoon pictures of overweight Americans. Better yet, overweight cops eating donuts! If you have a cause, better get to him soon before he runs out of socks to wear. Without guys like Kaepernick, how is the average person going to know what is going on in the world?

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• captaind
                      Cook This Pork Chops
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Mars
                      • Ball Holder
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      It was practice, so he won't be fined for the socks. There are all sorts of uniform violations in practice.
                      Surprised to hear that as strict as they are about everything else. Nonetheless, if you're the 49ers, why do you allow something like this knowing what will likely happen if it becomes public? If they had any balls they'd cut him before tonight's game. This isn't a respectful protest (and wasn't before, IMO). He's an immature child.

Comment

• sandiego17
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                        It was practice, so he won't be fined for the socks. There are all sorts of uniform violations in practice. Anyway, the socks go well beyond political speech... its saying 'fire' in a movie theater.
                        Nah, he can do what he likes. But he should be getting John Rockered by the fans and the media. He is worthy of ridicule and he's not nearly as eloquent as some have made him out to be, if he were, no need for pig cop socks. He's on par with Rocker.

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2013
                          • Send PM

And just like that...any legitimacy to this being a genuine desire on his part to bring about social change goes out the window. It truly is all about him and getting attention. He's an attention whore, that much has been clear long before this recent controversy.

Comment

Working...
                          X