• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

OT -- Forgive Me, Brothers: Guitar Discussion

There must be some guitar players in here who would like to share pics of their favorite axes. No?

Marissa1.jpg

Here's one of mine-- Bought it new in '98. American made Lone Star. The red is a bit bright for me, but I fell for the wood grain. Texas Specials are perfect for the Rock and Roll I'm usually playing.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ghost of Quacksaw; 04-03-2024, 02:26 PM.
  • johnnywyoming
    Eeyore is Joey's #1 fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Oregon
    • Retirement
    • Send PM

Yamaha FG-365S that I bought in San Diego in 1975😋 I have another Yamaha12 string that I traded my wife’s Takamine for. It was a steal but it’s what the guy wanted! My wife plays piano now instead of the guitar. IMG_0482.jpg
    Thank God for morons. Without them who would the rest of us have to blame things on?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/johnnywyoming/

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by johnnywyoming View Post
      Yamaha FG-365S that I bought in San Diego in 1975😋 I have another Yamaha12 string that I traded my wife’s Takamine for. It was a steal but it’s what the guy wanted! My wife plays piano now instead of the guitar. IMG_0482.jpg
      You have to love a company that makes motorcycles, trombones, trumpets and guitars! This looks like it's in great shape for its age.
      Last edited by Ghost of Quacksaw; 04-03-2024, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

Yeah man im not sure about this one. I just cant let everyone start a random OT thread. Everyone has a car so i left it up. But this is sort if just too much. I have to keep the charger forum clean. We have other forums here for this off topic stuff. Sorry Quack i love ya...but i want to keep the OTs minimal in the charger forum.

That goes for everyone,

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
          Yeah man im not sure about this one. I just cant let everyone start a random OT thread. Everyone has a car so i left it up. But this is sort if just too much. I have to keep the charger forum clean. We have other forums here for this off topic stuff. Sorry Quack i love ya...but i want to keep the OTs minimal in the charger forum.

That goes for everyone,
          No offense taken!

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

No offense taken!
            Thanks brother. I have a Taylor GS Mini by the way. Koa. Non electric. lol I have had a ton of guitars throughout my life. I grew up a Huge Edge(U2) fan so i was all about Fender Strats with BossDD3 pedals and Vox amps. But now i just finger pick my little Taylor.

IMG_4779.png

Comment

• volpe
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • New Jersey
              • Warehouse Manager
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
              There must be some guitar players in here who would like to share pics of their favorite axes. No?

Marissa1.jpg

Here's one of mine-- Bought it new in '98. American made Lone Star. The red is a bit bright for me, but I fell for the wood grain. Texas Specials are perfect for the Rock and Roll I'm usually playing.
              Stick that bad boy in the sun for awhile.....it'll temper that red a bit. Beautiful wood grain.
              I assume this thread is open? I saw the post on top.....don't want to get banned after 3 posts......and I have a good amount of guitars, so....

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by volpe View Post

Stick that bad boy in the sun for awhile.....it'll temper that red a bit. Beautiful wood grain.
                I assume this thread is open? I saw the post on top.....don't want to get banned after 3 posts......and I have a good amount of guitars, so....

American Deluxe1.jpg

If the thread is still open, I don't see why we can't post in it. <shrug>

This is another 1998, an American Deluxe. I bought it online a couple of years ago from a guitar shop in Wisconsin, that had it in inventory since 2007. It sat in its case for a very long time.
                Last edited by Ghost of Quacksaw; 05-11-2024, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Double Cut1.jpg Rare 'double cut' Telecaster. They only ever made 500 of these, in a 2016 run. I replaced the original maple neck/Gotoh tuners with the neck you see here, which has Schaller locking tuners.: The rosewood softens the shrill-ness Teles so commonly have, as do the Texas Special pick ups.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by volpe View Post

I think I'll follow that advice about exposing the guitar to sunlight...

This thread is in the "End Zone Lounge", so it's okay to post in, since it's off the main discussion page. Let's see some of your axes.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Jazz Master1.jpg

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

image.png