• Aug 2013
    • Send PM

OT: Fargo

Season 3 is already the best one yet.
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The End Zone is open for all non football discussion... Moving the thread there.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I like how the season is going too, but Season 2 had more interesting characters. I'm still waiting for the tie-backs to the previous seasons... someone has to show up.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I dig this season but season 2 killed it from the start
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Almost done with season 2. Its great but the Indian's character is starting to feel like im watching No Country For Old Men again. This scene at the gas station where he is trying to scare the old clerk is straight out of NCFOM.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I just love how the series has free rein to allude or even just copy from the Coen brothers films. I think though that Hanzee Dent doesn't give many options in any of his interactions. He just performs. Chigurh was sadistic.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

If anything, Fargo is unique. I like how this episode is so seamless in the way it dives back in time. The 'box' was a trip.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

This show has so many layers to it. I'll probably watch the entire season 4-5 times and still only see 20% of the story homage through direction, edit, script.

And that was the Pulp Fiction diner. I wonder what film that hotel is from, True Romance?
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Ha! I bought into the illusion that the Pulp Fiction diner was in the south bay. Where is it actually? Last season's motel was definitely in general filming area of Calgary.

The whole episode had the feel of the Mike/Marge encounter in the Fargo movie, in that it changed the view that Gloria had about people she thought she knew, but no real clues to her actual case. I'm pretty sure that a UFO will appear out of nowhere later this season, with Minsky on board.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    Ha! I bought into the illusion that the Pulp Fiction diner was in the south bay. Where is it actually? Last season's motel was definitely in general filming area of Calgary.

The whole episode had the feel of the Mike/Marge encounter in the Fargo movie, in that it changed the view that Gloria had about people she thought she knew, but no real clues to her actual case. I'm pretty sure that a UFO will appear out of nowhere later this season, with Minsky on board.
                    I guess its torn down, but it sure looked like the same place
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Other than the similarity in characters and actions (such as Sy going full Jerry Lundegaard), I'm still waiting for the direct tie-in between the seasons and actual characters. Carrie Coon did say that it will come up, but she's mum about it. I doubt it will be as blatant as Lou Solverson. Did anyone else catch Billy Bob, or the shout out to Luverne? By the way, I'm hoping that Auntie Flo isn't an ongoing character.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoDak
                        • Technology Director
                        • Send PM

Tremendous show! Saul on Monday, Americans on Tuesday, Fargo on Wednesday.

-each time the episodes end, I wish I could watch the next one.
                        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

Working...
                        X