• Show
Clear All
  • thelightningwill
    Go Aztecs and Pads
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

What I am doing Sunday

Week 1

I think my friends and I will be going to a local bar to eat salmon, take some edibles, and watch whatever NFL is on. Maybe we will see the Cardinals and whomever they are playing? Other than the QB, I don't think I could name a Cardinal. Is Fitzgerald still playing? No need to answer because I don't care. The only players I hope to see are the Giants runningback and Rashaad Penny. Go Penny!

As far as the Spanoses go, I am not sure who is left. I know Rivers, Bosa, and what's-his-face, the linebacker, are there. Gates? Maybe Allen? Does that corner who always got hurt still play? I hope, for y'all's sake, none of the old o'linemen are still around. Anyway, good luck to you.

• Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Dont lie. You know every detail of the bolts. lol

Comment

• thelightningwill
      Go Aztecs and Pads
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Dont lie. You know every detail of the bolts. lol
      Nope. I am being honest. I no longer avoid watching and no longer hate, but I rarely watch anyway. Other than the Gordon holdout, I don't know much.

Oh. I know last year the Spanoses were in the playoffs. I saw them play against somebody. Don't ask me who. I didn't pay attention. I didn't care. I thought maybe I would hate, but I didn't. I was bored with it.

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Okay. I was wrong. No football today. In Payson, Arizona, taking a dump. About to walk a super short hike to a babbling brook with mini waterfalls. Then I will probably cruise back to Phx and hit up a dispensary.

Comment

• thelightningwill
          Go Aztecs and Pads
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

So I did end up seeing some football after all. We hit up a country bar in Payson after the water-falls hike. The end of the Cardinals game was on. What happened in that game? Hell if I know. The cover band was pretty dope. There were a lot of grandparents doing the two-step. The bison burger was good, and I probabaly had the best sweet-potato fries I'd ever eaten. But, then again, I was stoned, so, on a different day, the food and music could have sucked. Sober or stoned, though, the NFL isn't worth paying attention to. It is so weird how things have changed for me.

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Is there still Monday Night Football? Monday, I didn't see any NFL. I think I got home late from work and then watched YouTube videos with my girlfriend's family's cats. I have been watching a lot of "Greatest Plays Ever" baseball highlights. My favorite one I saw recently was of a 1-unassisted double play. The pitcher grabbed a grounder near the 3rd baseline, tagged a runner who was going home, then leaped over at least one player to tag a runner heading to third.

Anyway, Week 1 is now over, and I have been in the presence of about a quarter of NFL football so far. And, of that quarter, I paid attention to none of it. I am not even sure if the Cardinals won.

I know NFL ratings were down two years ago. Was that the case last year too, or did they go back up?

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

There is no more NFL. Former Charger fans stopped watching and ran off all fans. The NFL had to shut down.

Comment

• SYB
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

people month GIF

Comment

• thelightningwill
                  Go Aztecs and Pads
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  There is no more NFL. Former Charger fans stopped watching and ran off all fans. The NFL had to shut down.
                  Drugs, not hugs.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                    Go Aztecs and Pads
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

I am off to the bar. Probably going to see whatever football or baseball is on. Will report back.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post

Drugs, not hugs.
                      Both?

Comment

• thelightningwill
                        Go Aztecs and Pads
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Reporting back. I found out Jameis Winston is still in the NFL. I remember him as a guy who got in trouble, but I couldn't remember why. My girlfriend Googled him and found quite an alleged rap sheet of weirdness and violence.

I also found out Cam Newton still plays and that the Cardinals coach is in Tampa and that Ron Rivera is still in Carolina.

I also was reminded how boring the NFL is without a rooting interest. The game was close, but, beyond that, I couldn't tell you what happened or even the game was still on when I left. I think I spent more time watching the TV that was showing an old Golden State Warriors game with Curry scoring a bunch.

The wings were good.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡