Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thelightningwill
    replied
    We went to a different bar. No ponies. Cardinals lost to somebody. Nobody cared. Nobody cared about any of the morning games. They all sucked. Good deal on Guinness and salmon though.

Leave a comment:

• thelightningwill
    replied
    Gym done. Work done. Showered up. Still sober. Looks like I am roped into going to a sports bar this morning because some friends and my girlfriend want to watch the Cardinals game. Hopefully something less boring than the NFL will be on for me to look at. I am going to try to bet on the ponies, which, for some reason, is legal at one bar chain here in Phoenix. If I can't figure out how to do it on the cheap, getting high and figuring out where the conversation is will keep me busy. I was shamed into giving up the vape pen, so, for excursions off my girlfriend's property, I am back to using edibles. That means I will be higher than I am used to. Paying attention to the first Cardinals game was impossible enough; now I might just be confused enough to think I am watching some football movie like The Replacements or Necessary Roughness. Anybody remember the HBO show, First and 10, with that Ogre dude from Revenge of the Nerds?
    Last edited by thelightningwill; 09-15-2019, 09:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• thelightningwill
    replied
    Tomorrow morning, we are going to the gym. After that, I got some take-home work to get done. After the latest haboob, I am thinking I might also need to get my car washed.

Leave a comment:

• thelightningwill
    replied
    Reporting back. I found out Jameis Winston is still in the NFL. I remember him as a guy who got in trouble, but I couldn't remember why. My girlfriend Googled him and found quite an alleged rap sheet of weirdness and violence.

I also found out Cam Newton still plays and that the Cardinals coach is in Tampa and that Ron Rivera is still in Carolina.

I also was reminded how boring the NFL is without a rooting interest. The game was close, but, beyond that, I couldn't tell you what happened or even the game was still on when I left. I think I spent more time watching the TV that was showing an old Golden State Warriors game with Curry scoring a bunch.

The wings were good.

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    replied
    Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post

Drugs, not hugs.
    Both?

Leave a comment:

• thelightningwill
    replied
    I am off to the bar. Probably going to see whatever football or baseball is on. Will report back.

Leave a comment:

• thelightningwill
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    There is no more NFL. Former Charger fans stopped watching and ran off all fans. The NFL had to shut down.
    Drugs, not hugs.

Leave a comment:

• SYB
    replied
    people month GIF

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    replied
    There is no more NFL. Former Charger fans stopped watching and ran off all fans. The NFL had to shut down.

Leave a comment:

• thelightningwill
    replied
    Is there still Monday Night Football? Monday, I didn't see any NFL. I think I got home late from work and then watched YouTube videos with my girlfriend's family's cats. I have been watching a lot of "Greatest Plays Ever" baseball highlights. My favorite one I saw recently was of a 1-unassisted double play. The pitcher grabbed a grounder near the 3rd baseline, tagged a runner who was going home, then leaped over at least one player to tag a runner heading to third.

Anyway, Week 1 is now over, and I have been in the presence of about a quarter of NFL football so far. And, of that quarter, I paid attention to none of it. I am not even sure if the Cardinals won.

I know NFL ratings were down two years ago. Was that the case last year too, or did they go back up?

Leave a comment:

• thelightningwill
    replied
    So I did end up seeing some football after all. We hit up a country bar in Payson after the water-falls hike. The end of the Cardinals game was on. What happened in that game? Hell if I know. The cover band was pretty dope. There were a lot of grandparents doing the two-step. The bison burger was good, and I probabaly had the best sweet-potato fries I'd ever eaten. But, then again, I was stoned, so, on a different day, the food and music could have sucked. Sober or stoned, though, the NFL isn't worth paying attention to. It is so weird how things have changed for me.

Leave a comment:

• thelightningwill
    replied
    Okay. I was wrong. No football today. In Payson, Arizona, taking a dump. About to walk a super short hike to a babbling brook with mini waterfalls. Then I will probably cruise back to Phx and hit up a dispensary.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X