• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
    Thanks for the sympathy. Fortunately, I'm also a lover of sushi and sashimi, and we have a second apartment within a few minutes walk from Tsukiji, and you can't believe the fucking sushi you can get there. The chuu-toro is un-fucking-believable. So there's that.
    Now im jealous. lol. Love sushi. We have some good places in San Diego but locally nothing special. So i have to drive a good ways.

Comment

• pumpkinhead80

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      Tacos El Gordo in Chula Vista. Best Tacos ever. Up here in North County probably El Nopalito or Juanitas.

what's that fluorescent lime green junk on the tacos?

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by pumpkinhead80 View Post
        what's that fluorescent lime green junk on the tacos?
        Its alien goo. The chefs are all alien. How fucking else do you think they win best tacos every year?

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

El Pescador bar in Ensenada.

There's also a taco truck in Sylmar on San Fernando rd, that is unfuckingbelievable.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

In Houston, we have a lot of good ones. Not that any of you are likely to go, but La Reyna is about 3 blocks from my house. It's technically a tortilleria. Corn or flour by the pound and they are still hot when you buy them. You can buy carnitas and barbacoa by the pound and whole chickens. We usually go in there and drop about $18 and come away with enough food to feed an army. They make all their own salsas and their salsa verde is amazing. Bomb.

Comment

• RobH
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Tokyo, Japan
              • University English Lecturer
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
              In Houston, we have a lot of good ones. Not that any of you are likely to go, but La Reyna is about 3 blocks from my house. It's technically a tortilleria. Corn or flour by the pound and they are still hot when you buy them. You can buy carnitas and barbacoa by the pound and whole chickens. We usually go in there and drop about $18 and come away with enough food to feed an army. They make all their own salsas and their salsa verde is amazing. Bomb.
              I don't think it can get much better than that. I remember going down to the lobster shacks in Puerto Nuevo in the early 80s and just macking out and drinking like a fish, all for about 15 bucks. The tortillas were the absolute best. Ahh, the memories.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
                I don't think it can get much better than that. I remember going down to the lobster shacks in Puerto Nuevo in the early 80s and just macking out and drinking like a fish, all for about 15 bucks. The tortillas were the absolute best. Ahh, the memories.
                Like my memories of Tokyo on my first trip there in '88. McDonald's for like $20 (burger, fries and drink). What's that going for these days? LOL

Comment

• Buck
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                  Sounds like Kaelin's in El Cajon.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Buck View Post
                    Sounds like Kaelin's in El Cajon.
                    Next time im out there (March), I'm going to have to do a taco crawl.

I pity the porcelain that has to deal with the output.

Comment

• sandiego17
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Cevicheria Nais in TJ for seafood tacos is great. Red Snapper Tostada and the raw scallops (in their own lime juice blend) are personal favorites.

If you are ever on the west side of Chula Vista and want to grill carne or pollo asada at home or a tailgate, Apple Tree Market on 3rd avenue is the best carniceria in the city. Especially the pollo asada.

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
                        Lolitas (anyone of them)... I don't even have a second best!

Seconded. Big fan of Lolitas, especially the Carne Asada French Fries.

Comment

Working...
                        X