• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

There are definitely some very good RB coming out this year and we could really use one (just not in the first round please!). I'd absolutely love it if we could somehow pick him up. If not, please not the Raiders, Chiefs or Broncos!

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Its clear to me Run D and interior run blocking should be targets this draft. And i wouldn't mind an Anthony Barr type LB. Guy who plays the strong side with size and speed. But also lines up in the middle. Perryman is good when he plays but we need size and speed that is dependable. And hes really only a weakside/mlb type.

So im not opposed to a stud LB in the 1st. A guy who can cover. Who can play the SAM spot. A guy who can play ILB as well. 3 down LB.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Its clear to me Run D and interior run blocking should be targets this draft. And i wouldn't mind an Anthony Barr type LB. Guy who plays the strong side with size and speed. But also lines up in the middle. Perryman is good when he plays but we need size and speed that is dependable. And hes really only a weakside/mlb type.

So im not opposed to a stud LB in the 1st. A guy who can cover. Who can play the SAM spot. A guy who can play ILB as well. 3 down LB.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Attack
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2017
          • Send PM

It's looking like Vea will not be available when we pick. Price or a defensive player should be the first pick. Which LB are you guys liking that will be available in late teens or early 20's? There doesn't appear to be great talent depth at LB this draft that will fall to us in round 1.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

I am on the Josh Allen train, if he is still there.

Have you seen the Packers without Rogers?

You HAVE to have a QB. Allen would fit this offense.
            "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• OhioBolt
              OhioBolt commented
              Editing a comment
              I like Josh Allen too but not with our 1st pick
          • Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Attack
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2017
              • Send PM

I hear you, but really doubt he will be there. And not much there behind him for round 1 LB. And him being only 6'0", it would seem to be a mismatch covering the huge TEs like Kelce and Gronk at 6'5" these days.
              Last edited by Attack; 12-24-2017, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Initial pick is now 16, per tankathon. Highest possible is 12, based on a 8-8 record,

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo out of Oklahoma is a guy i mentioned a while back. Hes considered a pass rusher/edge but he is really good in coverage. Just a fast LB type that can rush from the OLB spot and play sideline to sideline making plays. Hes a Jack LB so he has the athleticism to do a few things. Pass rush like Beasley does from the OLB spot or Irvin did in Seattle. He can cover TE's. And he can slide inside like Barr does and play the run from there or blitz. he also allows us to move Bosa inside on pass rush downs and blitz just 4 with Bosa, Ingram at DE and OO from a stand up rush. I see hes ranked all over the map from the 3rd to 1st.

I expect him to be very active in the Oklahoma game. Make sure you keep an eye on him. He probably compares a little bit to Hassan Reddick. I love our pass rush but i wouldn't hesitate to draft a guy who can play LB, cover TEs, who is comfortable covering RB/WR screens etc. And can play the run and accelerate with a shit load of speed. And he packs a wallop. I dont limit him to just pass rush. You see how Vin Miller plays the run and rushes the passer. This kid is a smaller version of that. And hes very comfortable in coverage.

Just watch him next week. Hes a fun player. Dont just watch the highlight film..thats mostly him rushing the passer. Watch his complete game footage.

Comment

• Attack
                    Attack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks. Will watch him.
                • Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Really like OLB Nigel Bradham on Philly. Hes a monster and plays the strong side. He would be a nice UFA pick up. I think hes top 5 in tackles this season.

Hes on the field 95% of the time. Money well spent and he plays on a stud D that is one of the best in 3rd down coverage.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    Initial pick is now 16, per tankathon. Highest possible is 12, based on a 8-8 record,
                    With the Raiders losing, the highest pick possible is now 13th. Worst case if out of the playoffs is 19th (one NFC team will have a better record/SOS and not make the playoffs and 3 teams at 8-7 losing )

Comment

• Attack
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      Really like OLB Nigel Bradham on Philly. Hes a monster and plays the strong side. He would be a nice UFA pick up. I think hes top 5 in tackles this season.

Hes on the field 95% of the time. Money well spent and he plays on a stud D that is one of the best in 3rd down coverage.
                      Bradham appears to have talent, but also has a 5 cent head. He's had a few run-ins with the law recently. I get the feeling that we wouldn't want to take on a player like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X