• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scott Green
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Free agency will decide how our draft goes. If we sign a DT look for an OT to be drafted. Hopefully with all the free agent safeties we can land a free safety that can cover.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Scott Green View Post
      Free agency will decide how our draft goes. If we sign a DT look for an OT AND ILB to be drafted EARLY. Hopefully with all the free agent safeties we can land a free safety that can cover.
      There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• Scott Green
        Scott Green commented
        Editing a comment
        Top cat!!!! I remember you from the late great board. I was Jacob Hester jr. If they resign Perryman dont get to excited about them drafting an inside backer in my humble opinion. They will probably get bobby bethards H back or middle of the road receiver or running back that will do just enough to raise hopes but never see a real game
    • Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

*Yeah Dre'mont after looking at a handful of vids and reading numerous profiles he is more a Aaron Donald type though not as good as Donald, bit a good player.

Maybe we can work Justin Jones in at NT some and get Dre'mont in HIS place. Keep Philon, let Luiget go.
      Not sure there is a NT type in this draft. At least not early and why they want to bring Mebane back.
      I just don't like Dexter Lawrence and wouldn't want to use or first on him.

*Just don't think Cajuste is a first round player. Some ha e him as a third but I think second is a good spot, just a matter if he lasts to us. There's a chance.

*Hall, who knows, being at the end of every round is hard to tell but he might fall. He isn't a great route runner and this class is loaded at WR. If not i like Miles Boykin too. I think we need to replenish a WR losing TWill and possibly Benjamin.
      Yeah we have a few guys in Scott who I do like, Davis who I don't care about and Cantrell who is a possesion guy.
      Rivers needs playmakers and a speed guy.

*TJ Edwards is a tackling machine and has 10 career INTs but he isn't speedy is the thing. I knew that so MLB may have to be a first round pick but we possibly won't get the top three being #28.

*I like Redwine. Just a matter if he falls like I think safeties will but even in the 4th, I like him.

Last two guys are just depth.
      Roche isn't a pass rusher and he is Bosa's backup. I like Rochelle but we aren't pressuring the QB with him as it showed.

Wish we had more cap space. I'd love to sign Za'Darius Smith.

I think Justin Jones best position is NT. He played 3 tech at NC state because they had a more natural NT type in BJ HIll.

I think Cajuste is suffering in his draft stock because he is not an elite dancing bear/athletic type OT. He needs some technique work, but so does basically everyone these days. I don't think you can afford to dismiss an OT because he isn't as good at OT used to be.

I haven't gone through all the WR yet, but Hall is a guy who has some tools. It really depends on how crazy do his inconsistent hands drive you.

TJ edwards is a good coverage guy in the sense that he knows how to cover, but I think his lack of speed is going to get exposed in the NFL. He is a bit like Manti Teo, who was good as a coverage guy to a point, but got exposed when he had to run with faster RB. That is what I think happens to Edwards. Hell, it happens to a lot of LB. Anyone big enough to take on blocks and be a downhill player vs the run is almost always a liability vs the pass now.

I don't follow these early mock drafts enough to have a sense of where he will go, but I like him too. He reminds me of a better Tre Boston, who actually supports the run, and can come up and tackle. He doesn't always come down with Int, but he seems to get there and break up the pass. I need to find some more clips of him, because he really grows on me the more I watch him.

Rochelle isn't a great pass rusher, but he does get around the edge enough to force the QB to step up, which is what we need when we move Ingram and Bosa inside. If we can get some better pass rush guys, fine, but with pass rushers it is often better to just bring them in waves even if they are not great. Just keep rotating them in and wear the OL down. Plus, Rochelle had less than zero pass rush in college. He was big and solid, but had no movement. Since getting in the NFL, he has gone on one of these weird diets and really transformed his body, so I wouldn't give up on him as a pass rusher. He just hasn't done it enough yet. He will continue to get better.

IT would be worth signing Za'Darius Smith just to get him out fo Baltimore. He abused us badly last year. The only problem is I don't know how I would use a guy like that.
      Last edited by Steve; 03-04-2019, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I think Justin Jones best position is NT. He played 3 tech at NC state because they had a more natural NT type in BJ HIll.

I think Cajuste is suffering in his draft stock because he is not an elite dancing bear/athletic type OT. He needs some technique work, but so does basically everyone these days. I don't think you can afford to dismiss an OT because he isn't as good at OT used to be.

I haven't gone through all the WR yet, but Hall is a guy who has some tools. It really depends on how crazy do his inconsistent hands drive you.

TJ edwards is a good coverage guy in the sense that he knows how to cover, but I think his lack of speed is going to get exposed in the NFL. He is a bit like Manti Teo, who was good as a coverage guy to a point, but got exposed when he had to run with faster RB. That is what I think happens to Edwards. Hell, it happens to a lot of LB. Anyone big enough to take on blocks and be a downhill player vs the run is almost always a liability vs the pass now.

I don't follow these early mock drafts enough to have a sense of where he will go, but I like him too. He reminds me of a better Tre Boston, who actually supports the run, and can come up and tackle. He doesn't always come down with Int, but he seems to get there and break up the pass. I need to find some more clips of him, because he really grows on me the more I watch him.

Rochelle isn't a great pass rusher, but he does get around the edge enough to force the QB to step up, which is what we need when we move Ingram and Bosa inside. If we can get some better pass rush guys, fine, but with pass rushers it is often better to just bring them in waves even if they are not great. Just keep rotating them in and wear the OL down. Plus, Rochelle had less than zero pass rush in college. He was big and solid, but had no movement. Since getting in the NFL, he has gone on one of these weird diets and really transformed his body, so I wouldn't give up on him as a pass rusher. He just hasn't done it enough yet. He will continue to get better.

IT would be worth signing Za'Darius Smith just to get him out fo Baltimore. He abused us badly last year. The only problem is I don't know how I would use a guy like that.
        Rotation with Ingram and Bosa and move Bosa to 3tech and have all three on the field on passing downs.
        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
        181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
        225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Post Combine / Prior To FA draft....

28) DALTON RISNER (OT) KSU
          RSR. 6' 5'', 312#, 10 1/4'' HANDS, 34 '' ARMS, 81'' WINGSPAN, 40YD - 5.3, 10YS - 1.93, VJ - 28.5'', BJ - 110'', 23 REPS @ 225, 3CONE - 7.69, 20S - 4.52. 4 yr starter at OC/ROT, PHYSICAL/NASTY prospect who dominants his foes will, fundamentals and technique are very solid, gets excellent depths with his kickslide, well balanced athlete who is rarely on the ground, FINISHER, pancake artist, destroyer as a drive/down/combo blocker, decent athlete who possesses enough speed to get to 2nd/3rd lvls, body guard to his QB/skill players, compact/powerful/explosive hand strike & placement, hip torque in unreal, big hamhocks that have all day grip strength, has a hard time with inside reach blocks and scoop blocks against speed/length DE/Edge players. ELITE CALIBER PROSPECT.

Why? We must improve the OT talent & depth. He is my top rated OL prospect and actually might be there.

60) JACE STERNBERGER (TE) TXAM
          RSJ. 6' 4'', 251#, 9 3/4'' HANDS, 32 1/8'' ARMS, 40YD - 4.75, BJ - 9' 5'', VJ - 31v5'', 17 REPS @225, 3CONE - 7.19, 20S - 4.31. Jace is a very good athlete for a TE, quality hands/catch radius, no wasted steps in route tree, fundamental blocker who improved dramatically this season but needs to get nasty, must improve inside leverage on pass sets, makes tough congested catches and can vertically challenge MOF, excellent soft hands, natural catcher of the football, tremendous body control, tough/easy receptions look the same on film, chain mover w/big play potential, YAC all day, effective redzone weapon, great movement skills, ascending prospect with a high floor and penthouse ceiling. IMPACT CALIBER PROSPECT.

Why? Huge talent (top rated TE), HH injury/contract insurance, formation flexibility, help improve pass protection/receiving options/position depth/power in run game.

91) RENELL WREN (DT) ASU
          RSR. 6' 4 1/2'', 318#, 10'' HANDS, 33 7/8'' ARMS, 81'' WINGSPAN, 40YD - 5. 1, 10YS - 1.75, VJ - 32'', BJ - 9' 10'', 30 REPS @ 225, 3CONE - 7.65, 20S - 4.53. Renell is a big physical explosive beast! Played NT at ASU but fits best as a 3tech and passing situation NT. Very stout against run, + body control thru contact, excellent pad level play, exceptionally strong (still can get stronger), Ideal frame/length/size, ++ upfield explosion, can be a true backfield disruptor, resets LOS, active hands, hand placements/techniques are non existent -real area of opportunity here, attack plans need to be developed. Renell has the whole package and upside to be a dominant probowl caliber player. Is his work ethic, coachability, and football IQ up to it? I hope so! STARTING CALIBER PROSPECT w/IMPACT TRAITS.

Why? DT only has 2 current players on the roster. Talent, size, length, power, explosion, and depth must be addressed.

130) JUSTIN HOLLINS (LB) ORE
          RSR. 6' 5'', 248#, 10 3/8'' hands, 33 3/8'' arms, 79 5/8'' wingspan, 40YD - 4.5, VJ - 36.5'', BJ - 9' 11'', 25 REPS @ 225, 3CONE - 7.06, 20S - 4.4, 60S - 11.94. Justin played a 34 OLB at Oregon. He is a fast, agile, and has explosive traits but not outstanding first step timing or the flexibility to bend and flatten the arc. Justin possesses a very long, lanky, but strong frame that has room to add weight, good edge setter but must get stronger, needs more muscle mass put on frame, plays with sound leverage and technique, excellent zone drop depths, good route concept understanding/awareness, excellent tackler w/huge tackling radius, can get moved on physical pulling blocks, physicality is inconsistent but flashes verocity, best position is a move to MIKE to highlight skillset but can play all 3 LB prospects, excel as a blitzer, & provide value as a PRS & ST standout. Showed excellent off ball movement and key recognition skills at Shrine Game from the ILB position. Can he handle the move inside and the physicality he'll need to bring to work? I believe he will! STARTING CALIBER PROSPECT w/IMPACT TRAITS.

Why? We only have 1 healthy & 2 coming back from injury rehab on the roster. Need to improve talent, speed, size, length, athleticism, depth, ball separation skills, coverage ability, and health of the LB position.

166) JAMAL DAVIS II (LB/EDGE) AKRON
          RSR. 6' 3'', 243#, 10 1/4'' HANDS, 34 1/4'' ARMS, 40YD - 4.60, 10YS - 1.58, VJ - 39'', BJ - 122'', 19 REPS @225, 3CONE - 7.0, 20S- 4.44, 60S - 11.78. Small school, top tier athletic standout that played a 34OLB/rush end, explosive physical specimen, ideal frame for a LB with ability to add more muscle mass weight and strength, excellent get-off, hip/leg/core flexibility allow to flatten arc, possesses quality spin move, needs hand work, multi-use skillset to play all 3 LB positions, understands zone responsibilities, M2M wins with feet/loses with hands, explodes thru gaps when playing off ball, solid ball separation skills, forceful impact hitter that when form tackles looks complete. Not year 1 starter but long term starter. STARTING CALIBER PROSPECT W/ IMPACT TRAITS.

Why? See above.

201) ALEXANDER MATTISON (RB) BSU
          JR. 5' 10 1/2'', 221#, 9 1/8'' HANDS, 31'' ARMS, 40YD - 4.67, 10YS - 1.51, VJ - 35'', BJ - 127'', 22 REPS @ 225, 3CONE - 7.13, 20S - 4.29, 60S - 11.69. Alex is a versatile big back with power, agility, PP chops, and receiving ability. He runs decisively, solid low pad level, breaks initial contact, tremendous contact balance, burst to get corner, a little wiggle, flexibility allows for 90 degree cuts, runs through arms tackles, delivers jarring contact, excellent vision/instincts, defenders glance off contact, hard/tough/gritty runner, protects the football, good hands, will need to work on PP base and route execution. A 3down back with power and receiving skills. STARTING CALIBER PROSPECT.

Why? MGIII in last year of contract and his injury concerns. Alex can take all his snaps and excel. He has much elite vision, 10Y burst, PP chops, and runs with angry power. Alex is from Berdino so hometown feel and is fluent in Spanish for fan engagement.

243) ANTHONY RUSH (DT) UAB
          SR. 6' 5'', 340#, . Anthony, small school sleeper, is a huge and surprising agile w/quality flexibility & movement skills. A JUCO transfer who is exceptionally RAW but physically gifted. Big, hulking frame, quality length, exceptional power and low pad level penetration, able to stack/shed/tackle, range from hash to hash in run game, powerful hand strikes - placement is inconsistent, pocket pusher with 3 PR moves - BULL/HUMP-SWIM/PUSH-PULL, hold/split double teams, down angle blocks can easily wall him off, technique with hands/footwork are RAW/inconsistent, natural instincts take him to the ball. With a name like RUSH, Anthony was made to play DL. Raw, inconsistent but very high talent ceiling, tremendous frame, explosion & power, and possesses football instincts. BU/ROTATIONAL QUALITY PROSPECT w/STARTING QUALITIES.

Why? DT only has 2 current players on the roster. Talent, size, length, power, explosion, and depth must be addressed.

Go check out these prospects and let me know what you think.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Larry Parker: March Mock

1- Arizona Cardinals: KYLER MURRAY - JR - QB - OKLAHOMA
            2- San Francisco 49ers: NICK BOSA - JR - DE - OHIO STATE
            3- New York Jets: JOSH ALLEN - SR - OLB - KENTUCKY
            4- Oakland Raiders: QUINNEN WILLIAMS - RSO - DT - ALABAMA
            5- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: CHRISTIAN WILKINS - SR - DT - CLEMSON
            6- New York Giants: DWAYNE HASKINS - RSO - QB - OHIO STATE
            7- Jacksonville Jaguars: T.J. HOCKENSON - RSO - TE - IOWA
            8- Detroit Lions: MONTEZ SWEAT - SR - OLB - MISSISSIPPI STATE
            9- Buffalo Bills: D.K. METCALF - RSO - WR - MISSISSIPPI
            10- Denver Broncos: BYRON MURPHY - RSO - CB - WASHINGTON
            11- Cincinnati Bengals: JAWAAN TAYLOR - JR - OT - FLORIDA
            12- Green Bay Packers: RASHAN GARY - JR - DE - MICHIGAN
            13- Miami Dolphins: DEVIN WHITE - JR - ILB - LSU
            14- Atlanta Falcons: ED OLIVER - JR - DT - HOUSTON
            15- Washington Redskins: DREW LOCK - SR - QB - MISSOURI
            16- Carolina Panthers: BRIAN BURNS - JR - OLB - FLORIDA STATE
            17- Cleveland Browns: DEXTER LAWRENCE - JR - DT - CLEMSON
            18- Minnesota Vikings: CODY FORD - JR - OG - OKLAHOMA
            19- Tennessee Titans: MARQUISE BROWN - JR - WR - OKLAHOMA
            20- Pittsburgh Steelers: DEVIN BUSH - JR - ILB - MICHIGAN
            21- Seattle Seahawks: ANDRE DILLARD - SR - OT - WASHINGTON STATE
            22- Baltimore Ravens: GARRETT BRADBURY - SR - C - NORTH CAROLINA STATE
            23- Houston Texans: DAVID EDWARDS - JR - OT - WISCONSIN
            24- Oakland Raiders (from Chicago Bears): GREEDY WILLIAMS - RSO - CB - LSU
            25- Philadelphia Eagles: JOSH JACOBS - JR - RB - ALABAMA
            26- Indianapolis Colts: CLELIN FERRELL - JR - DE - CLEMSON
            27- Oakland Raiders (from Dallas Cowboys): CHAUNCEY GARDNER-JOHNSON - JR - S - FLORIDA
            28- Los Angeles Chargers: JONAH WILLIAMS - JR - OT - ALABAMA
            29- Kansas City Chiefs: NASIR ADDERLEY - SR - S - DELAWARE
            30- Green Bay Packers (from New Orleans Saints): NOAH FANT - JR - TE - IOWA
            31- Los Angeles Rams: DEANDRE BAKER - SR - CB - GEORGIA
            32- New England Patriots: HAKEEM BUTLER - JR - WR - IOWA STATE

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Wow Hockenson at 7?

Seems AZ is shopping Rosen but Casserly said today that Murray had several bad interviews with teams and was bad on the boards. Apparently AZ wasn't one of them.

Scouts/teams concerned about Metcalf's bad Shuttle and 3 cone time to get seperation from NFL CBs.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-05-2019, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Lol, more Kyler Murray dirt. It's getting kinda of funny but I too wondered how his AD at OK said they measured him at 5'9 5/8" and he measures taller at the combine. Then accused of packing on LBs so fast that he couldn't work out lmao.
                When quarterback Kyler Murray sprouted from under 5'10" in August to over 5'10" in February, eyebrows were raised. I joked that maybe he spent 48 hours in a zero-gravity chamber before coming to the Combine. In the eyes of some, maybe it wasn't a joke.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-06-2019, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  Larry Parker: March Mock

1- Arizona Cardinals: KYLER MURRAY - JR - QB - OKLAHOMA
                  2- San Francisco 49ers: NICK BOSA - JR - DE - OHIO STATE
                  3- New York Jets: JOSH ALLEN - SR - OLB - KENTUCKY
                  4- Oakland Raiders: QUINNEN WILLIAMS - RSO - DT - ALABAMA
                  5- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: CHRISTIAN WILKINS - SR - DT - CLEMSON
                  6- New York Giants: DWAYNE HASKINS - RSO - QB - OHIO STATE
                  7- Jacksonville Jaguars: T.J. HOCKENSON - RSO - TE - IOWA
                  8- Detroit Lions: MONTEZ SWEAT - SR - OLB - MISSISSIPPI STATE
                  9- Buffalo Bills: D.K. METCALF - RSO - WR - MISSISSIPPI
                  10- Denver Broncos: BYRON MURPHY - RSO - CB - WASHINGTON
                  11- Cincinnati Bengals: JAWAAN TAYLOR - JR - OT - FLORIDA
                  12- Green Bay Packers: RASHAN GARY - JR - DE - MICHIGAN
                  13- Miami Dolphins: DEVIN WHITE - JR - ILB - LSU
                  14- Atlanta Falcons: ED OLIVER - JR - DT - HOUSTON
                  15- Washington Redskins: DREW LOCK - SR - QB - MISSOURI
                  16- Carolina Panthers: BRIAN BURNS - JR - OLB - FLORIDA STATE
                  17- Cleveland Browns: DEXTER LAWRENCE - JR - DT - CLEMSON
                  18- Minnesota Vikings: CODY FORD - JR - OG - OKLAHOMA
                  19- Tennessee Titans: MARQUISE BROWN - JR - WR - OKLAHOMA
                  20- Pittsburgh Steelers: DEVIN BUSH - JR - ILB - MICHIGAN
                  21- Seattle Seahawks: ANDRE DILLARD - SR - OT - WASHINGTON STATE
                  22- Baltimore Ravens: GARRETT BRADBURY - SR - C - NORTH CAROLINA STATE
                  23- Houston Texans: DAVID EDWARDS - JR - OT - WISCONSIN
                  24- Oakland Raiders (from Chicago Bears): GREEDY WILLIAMS - RSO - CB - LSU
                  25- Philadelphia Eagles: JOSH JACOBS - JR - RB - ALABAMA
                  26- Indianapolis Colts: CLELIN FERRELL - JR - DE - CLEMSON
                  27- Oakland Raiders (from Dallas Cowboys): CHAUNCEY GARDNER-JOHNSON - JR - S - FLORIDA
                  28- Los Angeles Chargers: JONAH WILLIAMS - JR - OT - ALABAMA
                  29- Kansas City Chiefs: NASIR ADDERLEY - SR - S - DELAWARE
                  30- Green Bay Packers (from New Orleans Saints): NOAH FANT - JR - TE - IOWA
                  31- Los Angeles Rams: DEANDRE BAKER - SR - CB - GEORGIA
                  32- New England Patriots: HAKEEM BUTLER - JR - WR - IOWA STATE
                  Wow, tough to pass up on Adderley with him still there at #28...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    Lol, more Kyler Murray dirt. It's getting kinda of funny but I too wondered how his AD at OK said they measured him at 5'9 5/8" and he measures taller at the combine. Then accused of packing on LBs so fast that he couldn't work out lmao.
                    Cameragate
                    Inflategate
                    Hookergate
                    and now...
                    Stretchgate

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wow, tough to pass up on Adderley with him still there at #28...
                      Noah Fant will be a monster as well. One of my favorite players this year.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Noah Fant will be a monster as well. One of my favorite players this year.
                        I think he will be the 1st TE drafted.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

Working...
                        X