• Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

where is this guy's anchor ??

Stock Up: North Carolina State iOL Garrett Bradbury

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

if this were the case, would be very difficult choice for myself as really like the both of Simmons and Cajuste @28, and....

reminds me when I was in a similar conundrum re: Malik McDowell and Ryan Ramczyk ??

obviously in hindsight RR was the wiser/better pick over MM, and despite regularly espousing the worth of Ramczyk as a top ten value, think I had sentimental leanings toward McDowell as (still) really wanted an IDL for us.

atm the deciding factor for me is NE & their 35 against us, and.... obviously Jeffery has similar Malik (McDowell) considerations to consider re: his mindset ??
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

one of the funnest, most fascinating/frustrating aspects of the draft for me is the slotting of the players.... much like when going to wager on the ponies, oft times you can pick the winners and/or top finishers, albeit the monies don't come unless you properly bet/slot them most optimally.

case in point last year, was big on both Tony Brown and Brandon Facyson, who many pundits had rated as day two talents, 'specially early on in the process, and.... obviously both went undrafted and luckily enough both came into camp as Charger UDFAs.... unfortunately Brown is now a Packer, albeit Facyson did make the 53 as our fifth CB.

looking over this board, have similar musings.... do Dillard and/or Little really drop to day three ?? does Justin Layne stay high day two similar to the rise we saw for Ahkello Witherspoon ?? is Deionte Thompson closer to a top ten talent or a day two (more combo) safety ?? could we really get one of Te'Von Coney/TJ Edwards day three/round five ?? and Josh Oliver @200/round six ??

and @200/round six: still no word on Stidham, B. Love, Isaiah Prince, Byron Cowart and a coupla few pretty darn decent LB/S types.... not to mention a won Keenen Brown.

will also add that not only do I like Erik McCoy over Bradbury, am sorry to see he would cost us our first by this board, and.... could David Edwards be that guy @60 ?? is Dex worth the go @28 ?? and Tillery or Dre'Mont Jones.... both are penetrators/disruptors, and leave a fair bit to be desired come run defense.

and Terrill Hanks.... do you burn your second on him or do consider trading up for him from 91 ??

is Brett Rypien a franchise QB and is he worth our third ?? would the likes of Isaiah Johnson/Jalen Hurd qualify as Tommy T.'s annual fifth round value pick ??

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
          one of the funnest, most fascinating/frustrating aspects of the draft for me is the slotting of the players.... much like when going to wager on the ponies, oft times you can pick the winners and/or top finishers, albeit the monies don't come unless you properly bet/slot them most optimally.

case in point last year, was big on both Tony Brown and Brandon Facyson, who many pundits had rated as day two talents, 'specially early on in the process, and.... obviously both went undrafted and luckily enough both came into camp as Charger UDFAs.... unfortunately Brown is now a Packer, albeit Facyson did make the 53 as our fifth CB.

looking over this board, have similar musings.... do Dillard and/or Little really drop to day three ?? does Justin Layne stay high day two similar to the rise we saw for Ahkello Witherspoon ?? is Deionte Thompson closer to a top ten talent or a day two (more combo) safety ?? could we really get one of Te'Von Coney/TJ Edwards day three/round five ?? and Josh Oliver @200/round six ??

and @200/round six: still no word on Stidham, B. Love, Isaiah Prince, Byron Cowart and a coupla few pretty darn decent LB/S types.... not to mention a won Keenen Brown.

will also add that not only do I like Erik McCoy over Bradbury, am sorry to see he would cost us our first by this board, and.... could David Edwards be that guy @60 ?? is Dex worth the go @28 ?? and Tillery or Dre'Mont Jones.... both are penetrators/disruptors, and leave a fair bit to be desired come run defense.

and Terrill Hanks.... do you burn your second on him or do consider trading up for him from 91 ??

is Brett Rypien a franchise QB and is he worth our third ?? would the likes of Isaiah Johnson/Jalen Hurd qualify as Tommy T.'s annual fifth round value pick ??
          I am an Isaiah Johnson believer. In year 2-3 he can be a PB caliber CB.
          Jalen Hurd is a very intriguing prospect. Big, physical productive one year WR and former RB. He is very good with the in his hands.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

like to see/gauge where my board (w/some other names added) is in relation to the media mockists, and (would like to) think that thedraftnetwork.comhttp://thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings

028) OT Yodny Cajuste, NT Dexter Lawrence, QB Kyler Murray (Simmons, Adderly, Deionte all off the board)
            060091130166) CB/S Isaiah Johnson, WR Jalen Hurd, OT Isaiah Prince, QB Jarrett Stidham (192)
            200) CB Justin Layne, NT Trysten Hill, DE Byron Cowart, ILB TJ Edwards, QB Ryan Finley, OC Erik McCoy
            242) WIL Terrill Hanks, CB Mark Fields, WR John Ursua, OT Casey Tucker, NT Greg Gaines

UDFA) CB Brian Peavy, OC Connor McGovern, CB Corey Ballentine, TE Keenen Brown, DE Corbin Kaufusi, WIL Nate Hall, ILB Josiah Tauaefa, FS Chris Johnson, P Corey Fatony
            Last edited by beachcomber; 02-25-2019, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

nice to see an RB in the mock draft as think most any AL coached team could and should be on the lookout for a contributing RB most any and all times, and.... would love a Michael Turner 2.0 albeit the 250# variety that runs a 4.5 is a hard find.

personally am a fan of B. Love, and.... do think we would be well served to have our eyes peeled for another RB to compete/contribute....

http://thedraftnetwork.com/player/Justice%20Hill

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

pre combine mock from Tony Pauline @draftanalyst....

http://draftanalyst.com/pre-combine-mock-draft-round-1

Dex, Dillard, Tillery, Simmons, Cajuste all on board @28

http://draftanalyst.com/pre-combine-mock-draft-rounds-2-3

do you trade up for Terrill Hanks eight spots or settle for Coney @60 ??

Adderly, Erik McCoy, Isaiah Prince, Kaleb McGary, Risner, Devin Bush all there @60

Stidham to LA @91 :O (or do you prefer CB Justin Layne ?)
                Last edited by beachcomber; 02-25-2019, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  JERRY TILLERY
                  ANDRE DILLARD
                  GARRETT BRADBURY
                  TRYSTEN HILL
                  TJ EDWARDS
                  FOSTER MOREAU
                  DESHAUN DAVIS

Analysis to follow.

Wisdom of wu Mock Draft v3
                  Rd 1 Tillery. We have no 3Techs. Tillery gives us length, inside push, and presence at DLine with Justin Jones, Ingram and Bosa. He can stunt quite well. This pick is made for talent level and fit for our scheme.

Rd 2 Dillard. I project Dillard to fall into our laps at 60. The footwork is there for insertion at OLT eventually. First, as he learns Pat Meyer techniques, he can share ORT with Tevi.

Rd 3 Bradbury. Centers tend to drop. I have this excellent prospect falling to us at 91. All of our IOL have question marks. Consistency and ability in space are his best skills. Work as an OG as a rookie will be in the cards. Eventually, here's our replacement for Pouncey, with Qberry at OG depth.

Rd 4 Hill. Mid round three talent falls to us at 130. Low pad level, anchor, and explosion are what I see here. We would now have two 1Tech/3Tech combo Dlinemen with JJ, to complete that young group. Mebane, Liuget and Philon are quite possibly gone.

Rd 5 Edwards. A lack of athleticism is compensated in part by instinct to give us something at MIKE and an upgrade over Emanuel. MIKE demands consistent gap responsibility. I went this way, thinking that the NLBs we already have will provide other skills.

Rd 6 Moreau. Two way TE showed will at the Senior Bowl. He can find open areas to make receptions and move the chains. I want more competition for Virgil and Culkin, and a tandem TE for HH.

Rd 7 Davis. Here's a less explosive version of Denzel. He is deficient athletically, but can be a two down LB. Surprising zone coverage ability has been shown in all star game practices.

These picks reflect how I predict the board will fall and the draft strategy I prefer, all things considered. Two Olinemen, two Dlinemen, two LBs and one TE. I expect changes following FA & Indy. TY.
                  Last edited by wu-dai clan; 02-26-2019, 08:36 AM.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                    pre combine mock from Tony Pauline @draftanalyst....

http://draftanalyst.com/pre-combine-mock-draft-round-1

Dex, Dillard, Tillery, Simmons, Cajuste all on board @28

http://draftanalyst.com/pre-combine-mock-draft-rounds-2-3

do you trade up for Terrill Hanks eight spots or settle for Coney @60 ??

Adderly, Erik McCoy, Isaiah Prince, Kaleb McGary, Risner, Devin Bush all there @60

Stidham to LA @91 :O (or do you prefer CB Justin Layne ?)

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

PFF says you can wait until round 3 for Risner.

:lol:

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Rd 1 Tillery. We have no 3Techs. Tillery gives us length, inside push, and presence at DLine with Justin Jones, Ingram and Bosa. He can stunt quite well. This pick is made for talent level and fit for our scheme.

Rd 2 Dillard. I project Dillard to fall into our laps at 60. The footwork is there for insertion at OLT eventually. First, as he learns Pat Meyer techniques, he can share ORT with Tevi.

Rd 3 Bradbury. Centers tend to drop. I have this excellent prospect falling to us at 91. All of our IOL have question marks. Consistency and ability in space are his best skills. Work as an OG as a rookie will be in the cards. Eventually, here's our replacement for Pouncey, with Qberry at OG depth.

Rd 4 Hill. Mid round three talent falls to us at 130. Low pad level, anchor, and explosion are what I see here. We would now have two 1Tech/3Tech combo Dlinemen with JJ, to complete that young group. Mebane, Liuget and Philon are quite possibly gone.

Rd 5 Edwards. A lack of athleticism is compensated in part by instinct to give us something at MIKE and an upgrade over Emanuel. MIKE demands consistent gap responsibility. I went this way, thinking that the NLBs we already have will provide other skills.

Rd 6 Moreau. Two way TE showed will at the Senior Bowl. He can find open areas to make receptions and move the chains. I want more competition for Virgil and Culkin, and a tandem TE for HH.

Rd 7 Davis. Here's a less explosive version of Denzel. He is deficient athletically, but can be a two down LB. Surprising zone coverage ability has been shown in all star game practices.

These picks reflect how I predict the board will fall and the draft strategy I prefer, all things considered. Two Olinemen, two Dlinemen, two LBs and one TE. I expect changes following FA & Indy. TY.

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

I would select Clellin Ferrell at 28.
                          Germaine Pratt was nearly my choice at 60.

Comment

Working...
                          X