• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoltzHomer
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

First post. Was a long-time lurker on the CMB but inconsistent poster.

I'd love a big nasty D-lineman like Christian Wilkins, Dex Lawrence, Jeffery Simmons (even with the injury). Either of the LB's, Devin White or Devin Bush OR a OT that could be available, Andre Dillard or Jawaan Taylor. Preferably attack the lines.

Any of these guys predicted to potentially be available at #60?
    Last edited by BoltzHomer; 03-02-2019, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

remember that Kyle Posey came to that conclusion the other year after being moved off some of his speculations by other pundits.... trust in TPB.... take Telesco's lead.... 'tis a team effort.... keep the input/info coming/streaming.... many thanks to our fellow draftniks here,
      Just wanted to let you know that LT is a big fan of Stidham. He said today "don't be surprised if he is a day one starter". Still don't think we are in the mix but there is someone on TV that likes him :beer:

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
        1. N.Fant-TE
        2. M.Wilson-LB
        3. T.Hanks-LB
        4. I.Marshall-DB
        5. G.Gaines-DT
        6. K.Willis-S
        7. K.Adams-S
        Welcome to TPB. Great to have you here.

Outstanding value in the first 3 rounds with impact starting caliber prospects.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• chris9341
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
          If D. Lawrence (DT), N. Adderley (S) and D. Risner (T) are all available at 28, what the Chargers should do?
          Adderley is probably the 2nd best S of that draft, he's my first choice.
          The DT position seems deep this year, Risner would be my 2nd.
          If Dexter Lawrence is available then you have to pick him. Our Defensive tackles is our weakest part of the defense.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Well ill gonna take a first stab at this.

1. Dre'Mont Jones DT/ Ohio st

If Tillary is there he is another i can put here but i think Jones has more potentual in Mebanes possition whether they sign him again or not.

2. Yodny Cajuste OT/ W. Virgina

Was gonna put Andre Dillard here but my not be there. Either way I think we have an instant starter at RT

3. Emanual Hall, WR/ Missouri

Some may say too early and it might be but it is end of round 3 this kid has some good tools and real good speed and some good size. Not the best route runner but with Keenan and MWill and coaching, he will learn to be. Second choice was WR Miles Boykin of Notre Dame

4. TJ Edwards MLB/ Wisconsin

Offers a lot for us as a run stuffer will need work in pass coverage but they all will at this area of the draft. Did not run at combine and I'm thinking lacks ideal speed but well see at his proday. Many ran faster than thought.

5. Sheldrick Redwine, FS/ Miami(FL)

Good size and moves well. Can challenge Addae if we dont cut him but dont expect Redwine to start to begin the season. My thinking is I'd take him in the 4th but players will fall and imo safeties will be one position.

6. Maxx Crosby DE/ E. Michigan

If he makes it this far, he is good value. Developement player at DE who should get some reps during the season and maybe spell Ingram or Bosa.

7. Ryquell Armstead RB/ Temple

Would love to be put Dex Williams here as he has little wear and tear only having 250 carries in his college career but dont think he lasts to the 7th at all
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-03-2019, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              Well ill gonna take a first stab at this.

1. Dre'Mont Jones DT/ Ohio st

If Tillary is there he is another i can put here but i think Jones has more potentual in Mebanes possition whether they sign him again or not.
              Jones is a 3tech DT, who has better speed than quickness. Tillery might be somewhat overrated, but I really like how he has developed, and I think he would fit our DL group very well.

2. Yodny Cajuste OT/ W. Virgina

Was gonna put Andre Dillard here but my not be there. Either way I think we have an instant starter at RT
              I am not sure he gets out of the 1st round let alone falling deep in the 2nd.

3. Emanual Hall, WR/ Missouri

Some may say too early and it might be but it is end of round 3 this kid has some good tools and real good speed and some good size. Not the best route runner but with Keenan and MWill and coaching, he will learn to be. Second choice was WR Miles Boykin of Notre Dame
              Again, I think you are kidding yourself that he will still be there in the late 3rd. Late 2nd maybe, but not late 3rd with his size and speed. He has speed, and somewhat suspect hands, but he is an athlete who runs pro style routes (which needs some work), but he is way ahead of the mountains of spread guys. His back-shoulder fade is a nice route for him and the kind of thing that could get him on the field early. He has some nice highlights where he beats the Wyoming CB in press

4. TJ Edwards MLB/ Wisconsin

Offers a lot for us as a run stuffer will need work in pass coverage but they all will at this area of the draft. Did not run at combine and I'm thinking lacks ideal speed but well see at his proday. Many ran faster than thought.
              He is stiff and lacks speed. He is more than just lacking in ideal speed. he is much slower and less nimble than Emmanuel and Perry, and they have coverage problems. He is a good situational run defender.

5. Sheldrick Redwine, FS/ Miami(FL)

Good size and moves well. Can challenge Addae if we dont cut him but dont expect Redwine to start to begin the season. My thinking is I'd take him in the 4th but players will fall and imo safeties will be one position.
              Agreed. He is kinda the Anti-Boston in terms of his agressiveness, where Boston was always waiting for the ball to come to him. Redwine seems to attack the ball or players, even when he is playing deep S.

6. Maxx Crosby DE/ E. Michigan

If he makes it this far, he is good value. Developement player at DE who should get some reps during the season and maybe spell Ingram or Bosa.
              HE lacks any outsanding physical tools, but he is hte kind of reasonably productive small school guy who might develop with Giff Smith as his coach.

7. Ryquell Armstead RB/ Temple

Would love to be put Dex Williams here as he has little wear and tear only having 250 carries in his college career but dont think he lasts to the 7th at all
              Armstead is just a runner who need to show he can pass protect. But he has the size and running skills that the old featured runners had, even if he lacks the more modern traits of a RB.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

It really worries me when players like Lawrence cost off of Freshman production. The guy is on the best DL in college football, yet he has backup like production and really does make much happen. If you watched him as a freshman, he had the ability to make some plays, so you just wonder if he is coasting or not.

The drug suspension thing is not a good thing to have happen either.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Jones is a 3tech DT, who has better speed than quickness. Tillery might be somewhat overrated, but I really like how he has developed, and I think he would fit our DL group very well.

I am not sure he gets out of the 1st round let alone falling deep in the 2nd.

Again, I think you are kidding yourself that he will still be there in the late 3rd. Late 2nd maybe, but not late 3rd with his size and speed. He has speed, and somewhat suspect hands, but he is an athlete who runs pro style routes (which needs some work), but he is way ahead of the mountains of spread guys. His back-shoulder fade is a nice route for him and the kind of thing that could get him on the field early. He has some nice highlights where he beats the Wyoming CB in press

He is stiff and lacks speed. He is more than just lacking in ideal speed. he is much slower and less nimble than Emmanuel and Perry, and they have coverage problems. He is a good situational run defender.

Agreed. He is kinda the Anti-Boston in terms of his agressiveness, where Boston was always waiting for the ball to come to him. Redwine seems to attack the ball or players, even when he is playing deep S.

HE lacks any outsanding physical tools, but he is hte kind of reasonably productive small school guy who might develop with Giff Smith as his coach.

Armstead is just a runner who need to show he can pass protect. But he has the size and running skills that the old featured runners had, even if he lacks the more modern traits of a RB.
                  *Yeah Dre'mont after looking at a handful of vids and reading numerous profiles he is more a Aaron Donald type though not as good as Donald, bit a good player.

Maybe we can work Justin Jones in at NT some and get Dre'mont in HIS place. Keep Philon, let Luiget go.
                  Not sure there is a NT type in this draft. At least not early and why they want to bring Mebane back.
                  I just don't like Dexter Lawrence and wouldn't want to use or first on him.

*Just don't think Cajuste is a first round player. Some ha e him as a third but I think second is a good spot, just a matter if he lasts to us. There's a chance.

*Hall, who knows, being at the end of every round is hard to tell but he might fall. He isn't a great route runner and this class is loaded at WR. If not i like Miles Boykin too. I think we need to replenish a WR losing TWill and possibly Benjamin.
                  Yeah we have a few guys in Scott who I do like, Davis who I don't care about and Cantrell who is a possesion guy.
                  Rivers needs playmakers and a speed guy.

*TJ Edwards is a tackling machine and has 10 career INTs but he isn't speedy is the thing. I knew that so MLB may have to be a first round pick but we possibly won't get the top three being #28.

*I like Redwine. Just a matter if he falls like I think safeties will but even in the 4th, I like him.

Last two guys are just depth.
                  Roche isn't a pass rusher and he is Bosa's backup. I like Rochelle but we aren't pressuring the QB with him as it showed.

Wish we had more cap space. I'd love to sign Za'Darius Smith.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-04-2019, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Thoughts on this mock draft?

It has us drafting Daniel Jones, QB, Duke.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

No not for drafting a QB in the first three rounds. 2020 is the year for that. Don't think Jones is a franchise guy either

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

No not for drafting a QB in the first three rounds. 2020 is the year for that. Don't think Jones is a franchise guy either
                        Every year.
                        They mock a QB to LAC.
                        TT will go big.
                        2020+.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Every year.
                          They mock a QB to LAC.
                          TT will go big.
                          2020+.
                          Yes I think possibly 2021 as well but they may get ansy in 2020. Would love to get Lawrence in 2021 but would need to trade up hard ,....which is ok if we go the the next two drafts fixing holes elsewhere. Either way, I expect expect better QBs than this class.

Comment

Working...
                          X