• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

That's pretty solid....I'd ignore the WR position, but I like the other prospects, and where they are picked. I would call that a pretty good draft...from a fan perspective.
    I like Artavis, but could be way off base.

AL, at the Owner's Meetings, talked about who would replace Tyrell's presence.

Travis Benjamin.
    Dylan Cantrell.
    Geremy Davis.

Inclusive and in that order.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Travis Benjamin.
      Dylan Cantrell.
      Geremy Davis.

Benji was already being platooned the last few years anyway...I'm guessing we'll see all three of the above in the rotation..."EVERYBODY INTO THE PATTERN!!!"

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I couldn't find a 40-time for Hodge. He wasn't invited to the combine... maybe that's why. If he is indeed a 4.95, then I think he'll have trouble in the NFL. It is interesting that thehuddlereport has Cashman @ #50 and Hanks @ #90. I think that's too high for Cashman but just about right for Hanks. That puts them both in our 3rd round cluster.

My biggest point is that I don't rely on these boards for my evaluations. I do the evaluations for myself, based on what I see on tape. Quoting an "expert" or draftboard does nothing for me. If I've watched them myself and an "expert" has a vastly different opinion than mine... I'm going with my instincts/evaluations. I've got an entertaining personal story about Daniel Jeremiah if you're interested...
        Okay, Nut, the suspense is killing me! OUT WITH IT!

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Okay, Nut, the suspense is killing me! OUT WITH IT!
          LOL! My sophmore and junior years in high school I went to a private school (to play basketball). Even though basketball was the sport I excelled at, football was the sport I loved. So I also played football at this private school. As is the case at most parochial schools, this school employed a chaplain/preacher. This preacher had a son. The son must have been 8 or 9 years old. The kid loved football also. So this kid (and several of his friends) used to attend our practices. They could be found on the sidelines oooooohing and aaaaaaahing every practice. They were always in the background talking incessantly about football... mainly mimicking things they heard the coaches preach. The coaches tolerated these kids because the one kid was the "preacher's kid". But every once in a while... when these kids were overly obnoxious... or the ball they were playing catch with would get loose onto the practice field... the coaches would lose it. "Who let these $#@!& kids in here!?" "I wish these !@#$% kids would just shut the !@#$% up"... It used to crack me up. Turns out the preachers kid was Daniel Jeremiah. DJ ended up being a pretty good QB years later. But I can't help hearing my coaches words every time DJ starts talking about players in the draft... "I wish this !@#$% kid would just shut the !@#$% up!"

DJ's not bad. But I can't help thinking... he probably doesn't know anything more than I do. His skill is talking with authority. He's always been a prolific talker...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

LOL! My sophmore and junior years in high school I went to a private school (to play basketball). Even though basketball was the sport I excelled at, football was the sport I loved. So I also played football at this private school. As is the case at most parochial schools, this school employed a chaplain/preacher. This preacher had a son. The son must have been 8 or 9 years old. The kid loved football also. So this kid (and several of his friends) used to attend our practices. They could be found on the sidelines oooooohing and aaaaaaahing every practice. They were always in the background talking incessantly about football... mainly mimicking things they heard the coaches preach. The coaches tolerated these kids because the one kid was the "preacher's kid". But every once in a while... when these kids were overly obnoxious... or the ball they were playing catch with would get loose onto the practice field... the coaches would lose it. "Who let these $#@!& kids in here!?" "I wish these !@#$% kids would just shut the !@#$% up"... It used to crack me up. Turns out the preachers kid was Daniel Jeremiah. DJ ended up being a pretty good QB years later. But I can't help hearing my coaches words every time DJ starts talking about players in the draft... "I wish this !@#$% kid would just shut the !@#$% up!"

DJ's not bad. But I can't help thinking... he probably doesn't know anything more than I do. His skill is talking with authority. He's always been a prolific talker...
            Jeremiah mocked Dorial Green-Beckham to the Chiefs @ 18, in the 2015 Draft.

I would say you two are about equal.

:facepalm1:

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Jeremiah mocked Dorial Green-Beckham to the Chiefs @ 18, in the 2015 Draft.

I would say you two are about equal.

:facepalm1:
              LOL! Probably none of us could "high point the ball" SMH

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

LOL! Probably none of us could "high point the ball" SMH
                LOL. Visual evidence or Dorial could not high point anything, not even a blunt.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

LOL. Visual evidence or Dorial could not high point anything, not even a blunt.
                  Still played more games than JV. Where did TJ Clemmings end up? Wasn't he supposed to be better than Donovan Smith...? Wasn't Eli Harold the next LT...? LOL! I hear "Memory Eraser" is a popular strand in your neck o' the "wood". Any Louis Nix sightings...?

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Travis Benjamin.
                    Dylan Cantrell.
                    Geremy Davis.

Tom said he couldn't lie cuz he was Catholic.... don't think I've heard anything of the sort from Coach Lynn.... guessing he's not against/above pulling our leg every once in awhile.

my guess is that we are not "set" @tackle (Tevi), and that TB in unlikely to be on the roster come the regular season (think somebody gets cut loose from another team that Tommy T. can't afford to pass on ?)
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Still played more games than JV. Where did TJ Clemmings end up? Wasn't he supposed to be better than Donovan Smith...? Wasn't Eli Harold the next LT...? LOL! I hear "Memory Eraser" is a popular strand in your neck o' the "wood". Any Louis Nix sightings...?
                      :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry, Woody....that's funny shit right there...
                      The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

This escalated fast.
                        None of the above in my case.
                        Louis Nix ? Nevah.
                        I would applaud if we took Dexta.
                        Never gonna happen.
                        I think it's Josh Jacobs @ 28.
                        A sustained running attack will get us over the top.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry, Woody....that's funny shit right there...
                          I DID NOT HAVE ANY OF DOS PLAYAS !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X