Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Denver just got a lot more competitive.
    Flacco is 34 and isn't that good. Is he an upgrade to Keenum? Maybe but not by much. Denver paying two mediocre QBs 25.5 million. Elway isn't a very good GM.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
    181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
    225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Who cares. Since that SB and the new contract he hasn't been very good. What has he done for them lately? Got benched for another young, inaccurate QB. He is also coming off of a hip and a knee injury at 34 years old.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-14-2019, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Wrong Way Elway!!!!

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

One great turnover free month. In his career....well timed though. Got a ring and a fat contract. Then has been a bottom quartile QB every year. Look at his ypa, total QBR, high turnover rate, sack rate and 3rd down failures. Fact is he has drastically underperformed his extension and has also now been banged up a lot. Elway is awful.

Comment

• Electric Chicken
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
            Flacco is a shell and a shadow of his former self. While an upgrade over Casey Kasem (which is not saying much) he is not terribly worrisome.
            Flacco is a non - mobile washed up qb, when he runs it looks like slow motion and im glad horse face signed him. Flacco fits the bill for our edge rushers 2 rack up sacks in a big way. When Elway signed Flacco,,, he just awarded his team with a 6-10 record. The Chiefs are the team im focused on.
            Last edited by Electric Chicken; 02-15-2019, 03:00 AM.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              If they release him in 2020 they will free up 20M in cap space. But have around 9 in dead cap money. I mean thats not a huge deal considering they hit on Murray and then Flacco is off the books in 2021. A 9M dead money hit is big...but if you hit on that rookie QB you can eat it knowing you are free and clear the next year.

I think Bosa and Ingram will eat him alive next year. Especially if we have some interior dominance helping them. Getting stud DTs isnt just about collapsing pockets and stopping the run. Its also about freeing up those 2 maniacs.
              Are you sure about the cap hit?

Usually when a player is traded, the hit happens immediately to the trading team. Balitmore should have the dead money against them, not Denver. Of course, it depends on how the contract is structured.

as of friday 2/15)
              Over the cap hasn't updated their site to the trade (https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/denver-broncos/)
              Sportstrac has (https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-b...e-flacco-4000/) all of Flaccos money as salary, so they can cut him at any time with no penalty.

Of course all that really does is add to the indecision (if true, which may or may not be). If a team can move on, especially a team like the Broncos, they may just keep looking for better options, because they can.

Flacco has always been the sort of QB who gives you a chance, but he is pretty uninspiring without players around him, and with only Sutton at WR and not much of an OL, I don't see him as much, if any upgrade of Keenum. If anything they both have a tendency to like to force passes and hold the ball a bit too long at times.

I agree with Fleet in that if we can find a way to push the pocket, the synergy with Ingram, Bosa and Nwosu. It isn't just pass rush either. Get some quick penetration on run downs, the RB then tries to bounce the play outside and gives our DE and DB a chance to run to the ball, get a tackle for a loss and that sets up the rest of our D.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Im probably wrong brother. lol I just glanced over the numbers and threw them in the discussion. Sort of straight across. I typically am not very good with player contracts and cap details.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

16 mil in dead money. They don't have to update it, there is a window that shows trades/cuts before a d after June 1st
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-15-2019, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    16 mil in dead money
                    Fleet, I am not really sure either. Like I said, it depends on how it is structured and you never really know.

In a "regular" deal, the bonus money the initial team (Balt) gets accelerated and hit their cap hard. Boltjolt's numbers look like the Over the Cap numbers which "look" like the Baltimore cap hit, not Denver, so Baltimore has $16 million dead money, not Denver. Baltimore does get $10.5 million in money freed up because they don't have to pay Flacco's salary.

If Denver cut him, I don't think they owe anything. They would just be out the 4th round pick. If they keep Flacco, he costs them $18.5 million for the whole season, unless they do a new deal.

Where it gets tricky is if part or all of his salary get guaranteed plus any new bonuses that get earned. And some bonuses get applied immediately, while some get spread out over the life of the contract.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoDak
                      • Technology Director
                      • Send PM

Flacco simply wasn't good last season. (or the season before)

He's on the downside, and I'm not certain he's an upgrade over Keenum. Yes, he played well, that season he won a Super Bowl. Especially in the playoffs that year.

But he's not that player anymore.

I really hope that Elway is enamored with Lock. Inaccurate college QB's are exactly what I'm hoping our division rivals draft.

Hoping the Raiders don't end up with Haskins. He can sling it.
                      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

I'd be stunned if the Raiders drafted a QB in the first round. Carr is far better than anyone in this draft. But, Gruden loves QBs

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                          Flacco simply wasn't good last season. (or the season before)

He's on the downside, and I'm not certain he's an upgrade over Keenum. Yes, he played well, that season he won a Super Bowl. Especially in the playoffs that year.

But he's not that player anymore.

I really hope that Elway is enamored with Lock. Inaccurate college QB's are exactly what I'm hoping our division rivals draft.

Hoping the Raiders don't end up with Haskins. He can sling it.
                          I don't disagree with any of that. People were just pointing to the salary cap as a reason he was a bad move, and that is the one thing that makes some sense in the deal. At least until next year when they do all this again.

If they are going to have any success at QB this coming season, Denver needs to add some offensive talent at the receiver spots and the OL. Right now they have Lindsay and Sutton and a whole lot of guys who have done very little. Their best OL (Paradis) is a FA at a high demand position (C), and they may not put the franchise tag on him because it will make him the highest paid C in football by a fair margin.

Comment

Working...
                          X