• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Flaccos cap hit over the next 3 years. 26M...28M and 24M. They will have to extend him to bring those prices down. Or he would have to agree to a pay cut. If they release him in 2020 he has a huge dead cap hit. But they can release him in 2021 with no cap hit. Pre June 1.

​​​​​​Most likely a 2 year rental. I expect they will draft another QB this year. Elway is smitten with Lock apparently. But maybe they draft Murray and use him to compliment Flacco this year. Just adds to the run game.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

So they draft Murray, we somehow wrangle Keenum as our backup, then Flacco loses his job AGAIN to the next next big thing? And Denver takes the cap hit? Okay, on board.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

If they release him in 2020 they will free up 20M in cap space. But have around 9 in dead cap money. I mean thats not a huge deal considering they hit on Murray and then Flacco is off the books in 2021. A 9M dead money hit is big...but if you hit on that rookie QB you can eat it knowing you are free and clear the next year.

I think Bosa and Ingram will eat him alive next year. Especially if we have some interior dominance helping them. Getting stud DTs isnt just about collapsing pockets and stopping the run. Its also about freeing up those 2 maniacs.

Comment

• OhioBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          Flaccos cap hit over the next 3 years. 26M...28M and 24M. They will have to extend him to bring those prices down. Or he would have to agree to a pay cut. If they release him in 2020 he has a huge dead cap hit. But they can release him in 2021 with no cap hit. Pre June 1.

​​​​​​Most likely a 2 year rental. I expect they will draft another QB this year. Elway is smitten with Lock apparently.
          Elway has been swinging and missing after Peyton Manning, they had good years with Manning from 2012-2014 but when father time and injuries caught up with Manning in 2015. Thus starts the Elway carousel of QB's drafting Brock Osweiler. Paxton Lynch, Trevor Siemian, and Chad Kelly to cutting Brock Osweiler. Paxton Lynch, and Chad Kelly, then signing Case Kennum and then signing Brock Osweiler again and cutting him again. Good luck in the draft where Elway has proven less than stellar in picking a QB and his QB FA signings haven't worked out since Manning in 2012

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

If they release him in 2020 they will free up 20M in cap space. But have around 9 in dead cap money. I mean thats not a huge deal considering they hit on Murray and then Flacco is off the books in 2021. A 9M dead money hit is big...but if you hit on that rookie QB you can eat it knowing you are free and clear the next year.

I think Bosa and Ingram will eat him alive next year. Especially if we have some interior dominance helping them. Getting stud DTs isnt just about collapsing pockets and stopping the run. Its also about freeing up those 2 maniacs.
            I like your idea of a new maniac, and sliding Bosa inside.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

I like your idea of a new maniac, and sliding Bosa inside.
              Nwosu can get after it.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

Elway has been swinging and missing after Peyton Manning, they had good years with Manning from 2012-2014 but when father time and injuries caught up with Manning in 2015. Thus starts the Elway carousel of QB's drafting Brock Osweiler. Paxton Lynch, Trevor Siemian, and Chad Kelly to cutting Brock Osweiler. Paxton Lynch, and Chad Kelly, then signing Case Kennum and then signing Brock Osweiler again and cutting him again. Good luck in the draft where Elway has proven less than stellar in picking a QB and his QB FA signings haven't worked out since Manning in 2012
                Yeah hes not very good. But they draft 10th. Murray, Lock and Haskins are decent prospects. They need help in other areas. But i could see them going qb at 10.

Comment

• bartman83642
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

​​​​​​Most likely a 2 year rental. I expect they will draft another QB this year. Elway is smitten with Lock apparently. But maybe they draft Murray and use him to compliment Flacco this year. Just adds to the run game.
                  Have to agree with that myself. If he hadn't been injured during the season though he would probably still be in Baltimore. From what they had stated they wanted him to mentor Jackson for a year or two but threw that concept out when Flacco got hurt. Could see the Broncos using the same strategy but with Joe's injury history it might not work out for Denver either.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                    Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post

Have to agree with that myself. If he hadn't been injured during the season though he would probably still be in Baltimore. From what they had stated they wanted him to mentor Jackson for a year or two but threw that concept out when Flacco got hurt. Could see the Broncos using the same strategy but with Joe's injury history it might not work out for Denver either.
                      Probably true. But im not sure with his cap hit. And as a team right there in the hunt they will most likely use that money to help them get to the next level. Im thinking Leveon Bell.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Went over to the Orange Mane to see the Bronco fan reaction and there is a 35 page thread about how much the trade sucks, now Elway should be fired, how they have no chance to win the division - great fun!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          Went over to the Orange Mane to see the Bronco fan reaction and there is a 35 page thread about how much the trade sucks, now Elway should be fired, how they have no chance to win the division - great fun!
                          Seeing donkey fans implode is just good fun!
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X