• Apr 2024
    • Send PM

Go Pads.

Any news?
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Supposedly there's something brewing with a significant acquisition. Don't know if it's a trade or FA signing. We'll see.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• TABF
      Por debajo del promedio
      • Jun 2013
      • SoCal
      • Send PM

6 picks in the top 100 in this draft. The latest thanks to Upton going to Detroit. Gets us an early comp pick.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

I'm definitely looking forward to our draft. Also want to see how various minor league starting pitcher's fare this season. Guys like Trevor Megill, Enyel De Los Santos, Brett Kennedy, Dinelson Lamet, Jerry Keel, Thomas Dorminy, Austin Smith, Jacob Nix, Trey Wingenter, Logan Allen, and Jose Castillo should be interesting Padre SP's to follow. They're all lower level guys but almost all have very good size (and frame) for a pitcher. It's awesome to think we're going to add even more young talent at SP this June. I just hope it matriculates quickly up the organizational ladder.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Think the Alexei Ramirez and Fernando Rodney signings were good low risk, good reward types. I like some things about Rosales and Pimentel. 4 Rule 5s is dumpster diving but maybe someone pans out. Similarly Weeks, Humber and Morrow are unlikelies but maybe. We'll see.

Read the piece on Cespedes. I am a big fan of his for a variety of reasons, but one of them is he is a good defensive player. I think he could seal off left and let Jay be the 4th OF. Obviously he's a nice offensive player that could adequately replace Upton. But he's a little old for a monster deal IMO. Maybe someone else falls in our laps if Cespedes can't be had on favorable terms.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

I agree, BK. Preller has been smart this off season. After this draft I think our future is going to be just fine. But that future might be at least a couple years away.

Cespedes in our LF would be awesome. Padres could get him if they're willing to go five or six years on a deal. Teams are reticent though.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Got nothing to add. Just felt like somebody should say something about our San Diego Padres.

Anybody remember Ruppert Jones? Sixto Lezcano?

I liked saying their names.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

How about Tito Fuentes and Timry Flanster?

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                  Got nothing to add. Just felt like somebody should say something about our San Diego Padres.

Anybody remember Ruppert Jones? Sixto Lezcano?

I liked saying their names.
                  In all seriousness, I haven't really been paying much attention. Have been busy elsewhere in my life and can't really connect with them a whole lot right now just because of where the org stands. I'll be there at the ballpark when the time comes.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                    In all seriousness, I haven't really been paying much attention. Have been busy elsewhere in my life and can't really connect with them a whole lot right now just because of where the org stands. I'll be there at the ballpark when the time comes.
                    Drink for both of us.

Comment

This weekend, I saw that they had a Padres' Spring training game on the MLB channel, so I'm like "Awesome, I never get to see the Padres here!" - switched to it and we were losing 8-0 to the White Sox.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

LOL, well...I used to live like that. Now I get to watch them win 48% of the time.

Comment

Working...
                        X