• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Maurkice Pouncey will prolly be available too.

We can give that a shot, since y'all are into UFA Centers.
    ​​​​​
    He's Mike's brother.

:lol:
    That dude is retiring I think

Here is a note for Telesco: explore players 26-28 before anybody 30+
    thank you!

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

It's not just about a center over an OT. It's about the money and cap space.

Spotrac has TW @$18 million.
      Spotrac has HH @$9 million.
      Spotrac has CL @$9 million.

Which would you rather have...? You could make an argument for TW. But if you don't pursue HH, you have to replace via the draft... and you still have a hole @OC.

Austin Blythe (69.3 PFF) made $4 million on a 1-year deal.
      Ethan Pocic (62.4 PFF) made $1.5 million in year 4 of his rookie contract.
      Both players have played both center and guard over their career.

Would you pay CL (89.9 PFF), AB, and EP $18 million (combined) to rebuild your IOL...? I would. Especially if you feel you could get a good OT in the 2nd round.
      And here's the kicker... now you can cut your overpaid OG Turner... to save #11.5 million.
      You rebuilt your IOL for $7.5 million and saved yourself 2 draft picks...

Rookie LT
      LG Blythe (69.3)
      OC Linsley (89.9)
      RG Pocic (62.4)
      RT Bulaga

And this isn't pie-in-the-sky. These players are FA's from teams that just won't have the money to re-sign them (Packers, Seahawks, and Rams) because of cap issues.
      If it's true that both Hunter and Linsley are going to cost the same, I'd rather have an All Pro Center.
      Giving JH time to push the ball down field HAS to be our number 1 priority.
      I realize HH is a good blocker but blocking TE's are a dime a dozen. And if given ample time, JH will make Parham and Anderson look really good.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

If it's true that both Hunter and Linsley are going to cost the same, I'd rather have an All Pro Center.
        I realize HH is a good blocker but blocking TE's are a dime a dozen. And if given ample time, JH will make Parham and Anderson look really good.
        HH is a good blocker AND a good receiver. There are very few TE's like that. When he's on the field, the defense has to recognize him as both a run-blocker and a receiving threat. He's two players in one. I know a lot of people like Pitts @#13... but he offers nothing as a run-blocker. Your offense is much more predictable when he's in there. You're kind of advertising that it's a pass.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

HH is a good blocker AND a good receiver. There are very few TE's like that. When he's on the field, the defense has to recognize him as both a run-blocker and a receiving threat. He's two players in one. I know a lot of people like Pitts @#13... but he offers nothing as a run-blocker. Your offense is much more predictable when he's in there. You're kind of advertising that it's a pass.
          Agree, i think, not only is HH a gimme re sign but a must. I dont think he will cost no 15 mil. Id guess, and its a guess......9-11 range.

Comment

• JOJAX85
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Irmo, SC
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree, i think, not only is HH a gimme re sign but a must. I dont think he will cost no 15 mil. Id guess, and its a guess......9-11 range.
            I think like someone else on here said, he's not Top 5, but he's Top 10. I'd over pay a little to keep him, because I think he is very important to the continued success of Herbert.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Serious question.
              Have you watched film on the TEs in this draft ?
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

It would surprise me if TT doesn't resign Henry.
                After all, he drafted the guy.
                I simply like other options better.
                All factors considered.
                No platitudes here.
                Last edited by wu-dai clan; 01-15-2021, 07:48 PM.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Attack
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I think like someone else on here said, he's not Top 5, but he's Top 10. I'd over pay a little to keep him, because I think he is very important to the continued success of Herbert.
                  Agree. HH needs to be re-signed. $10M or $11M (or maybe a bit more) per makes sense. Herbert and HH have built a good rapport on offense. I see HH being like a Novacek was as a receiving TE for Aikman. Open, good hands, and dependable when needed. They will only get better working together. If HH is smart, and he doesn't seem like the type to go chasing after top dollar, then he will stay here. He knows the potential Herbert has and how good Herbert can still get. HH is almost trying to contain his praise of Herbert when he talks about him in interviews. It makes me start laughing and getting psyched up because these are pros talking about how good Herbert already is as a rookie and the sky is the limit for him.

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

HH is solid but not dominating or special...... he is not as good as Winslow or Gates, or Kelsey, or Kittle, or Gronk........ I think HH is equal/similar to the 2 PHI TE's.....or most others, in league......

HH is an inline TE, not a great receiving type TE..... he lacks the explosiveness to be dominating that way like Winslow or Gates were.....

Last year, he actually made it through an entire season without major injury for the first time..... so he is worth extending but not worth over paying for ......

Ideally we keep him at a reasonable price and add a big fast TE to give Herbie a dominating big target for short to medium passes... especially if we let MW go......

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

agree...... spend some money on OL you know you can count on.....

If we make 2 FA OL signings for guys who will start..... then a rookie OL will have guys to learn from and work with so he is not expected to be saviour.....

A vet CB who knows how to cover would also help ...... it takes time for rookie CB's to learn the NFL.....

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I agree 100%. HH is a must resign.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

HH is solid but not dominating or special...... he is not as good as Winslow or Gates, or Kelsey, or Kittle, or Gronk........ I think HH is equal/similar to the 2 PHI TE's.....or most others, in league......

HH is an inline TE, not a great receiving type TE..... he lacks the explosiveness to be dominating that way like Winslow or Gates were.....

Last year, he actually made it through an entire season without major injury for the first time..... so he is worth extending but not worth over paying for ......

Ideally we keep him at a reasonable price and add a big fast TE to give Herbie a dominating big target for short to medium passes... especially if we let MW go......
                          HH is a much better blocker than Gates was though not quite the weapon offensively but he has been pretty solid. What's not to like? He is that TE who can run those routes. He ran a 4.68 so he isn't slow. 6'5", 250. How big of a target do you want?
                          Gates was 6'4", 255.

Overpaying for him is that 15 mil per year. Agree, he isn't Kelce.

Comment

Working...
                          X