Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

This will be his final collegiate game tape. It's a motherf***er.

Watch @ 1:50, Parsons' closing speed, into and through the gap and his pursuit angle.
    Might be nitpicking but he wasn't even blocked and he started celebrating not realizing he caused the fumble.
    little less lookatme and more heads up would have been nice to see

Edit: obviously its easy to fall in love with MP
    but I'm flabbergasted that any of you smart people can justify going anything but OL.
    If we had the number 1 defense with Parsons next year I bet we still lose many close games with our offense getting destroyed
    I'm not trying to reduce the argument but we don't even have a reasonable choice in the matter, trade down, fine but the first pick has to be OL and everyone knows it, 2 of the first 3 HAVE to be a gamble at protecting what projects to be your most valuable asset in Herbert. Herbert changes everything quite literally
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Might be nitpicking but he wasn't even blocked and he started celebrating not realizing he caused the fumble.
      True, many players look for that flashy big hit and to celebrate too much. Probably why the tackling is so bad in the league.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

but I'm flabbergasted that any of you smart people can justify going anything but OL.
        If we had the number 1 defense with Parsons next year I bet we still lose many close games with our offense getting destroyed
        I'm not trying to reduce the argument but we don't even have a reasonable choice in the matter, trade down, fine but the first pick has to be OL and everyone knows it, 2 of the first 3 HAVE to be a gamble at protecting what projects to be your most valuable asset in Herbert. Herbert changes everything quite literally
        I would love to get a stud OL to protect Herbert. But if no OL are worth drafting where we pick, do we overdraft one, try and trade down and hope someone is there later when we pick, or pick the best guy?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I would love to get a stud OL to protect Herbert. But if no OL are worth drafting where we pick, do we overdraft one, try and trade down and hope someone is there later when we pick, or pick the best guy?
          TT has a whiff of Cosmi.

:shock:
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The Chargers have no pash rush. None. Zip. Zero. Nada. There is a giant gaping hole in our defensive front seven, and the best defensive player in the 2021 draft is available in the Top 5 at that position.

IMO, I think focusing on OT in the first round is target-fixation. The draft is deep at OT and I plan to take one in the second round. I also plan to take a OC in the 4th Round.

Target-fixation is a phenomena in battle that cost the Kido Butai to lose 3 out of 4 air craft carriers, and the war was lost for the Japanese Empire, in less than 10 minutes, in the 'the single most decisive aerial attack in naval history' in June 1942.

In the end, we simply differ on allocation.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Love me some Battle of Midway.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                Love me some Battle of Midway.

Nagumo's Dilemma, Dick Best, and The Jimmy Thach 'Weave', trust me on this one, you're gonna love this. Looks a little cheezy, best documentary on the subject I've ever seen.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

The Chargers have no pash rush. None. Zip. Zero. Nada. There is a giant gaping hole in our defensive front seven, and the best defensive player in the 2021 draft is available in the Top 5 at that position.

IMO, I think focusing on OT in the first round is target-fixation. The draft is deep at OT and I plan to take one in the second round. I also plan to take a OC in the 4th Round.

Target-fixation is a phenomena in battle that cost the Kido Butai to lose 3 out of 4 air craft carriers, and the war was lost for the Japanese Empire, in less than 10 minutes, in the 'the single most decisive aerial attack in naval history' in June 1942.

We've been overlooking this need at OT for several years. We just picked a fine your QB, but - let's take a LB. After Herbert gets completely torn up because of a bad OL, we can just draft some other QB.

Does that really sound like good judgement to you? Really?
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

True, many players look for that flashy big hit and to celebrate too much. Probably why the tackling is so bad in the league.
                    They are coached to break-down into compression tackles, which translate into higher probability of stripping a ball carrier. Executed wrong, it looks like poor tackling.

Take Kenneth Murray blowing up S Rayshawn Jenkins at the the LOS, that was an execution of a compression tackle that became friendly fire.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

We've been overlooking this need at OT for several years. We just picked a fine your QB, but - let's take a LB. After Herbert gets completely torn up because of a bad OL, we can just draft some other QB.

Does that really sound like good judgement to you? Really?
                      Chill. Have you bothered to look at the OT available in the 2nd and 3rd Rounds? Have you? I'm not panicking because there is talent at OT in the first three rounds. I disagree strongly with waiting until the later rounds with getting a talented pass-rusher.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I'm okay with "over drafting" to some degree, I use quotations because it's a crapshoot at the end of the day.
                        if the "value" is really not there, sure take BPA but imo we pigeonhole ourselves into selecting 2 straight OL next
                        I don't expect all our first 4 picks to workout
                        so if we go 4 straight OL I'll be happy to get 2 starters there.
                        the defense can wait, get James back, add some depth and start working with a bew scheme with a new DC
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

And targeting a specific PLAYER isn't target fixation?
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X