• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Something to also think about is NFLPA is pushing for less to no OTA. They are using this year as a model/excuse that it is doable. I think when this happens, we will see more soft tissue injuries. Let’s say we gave up a lot to get Sewell and didn’t have a chance to draft other OL, then non-contact injury happens and he is lost for the season. Then what? I don’t want to wait another year to see this OL improve.

Comment

• JOJAX85
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Irmo, SC
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

That is way too much draft capital - the Chargers have needs but that is way too much. Good scouting, good coaching - understanding the type of offense with the type of player needed - Chargers do not need to move up for Sewell. Just do a better job of Telesco working with the new HC, OC and OL coach.
      Oh I agree. Hence the shocked. I'd like to have Sewell, only because I think he's the top OT by a long shot, but no you don't trade up.to Top 5 for a OL.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post
        Something to also think about is NFLPA is pushing for less to no OTA. They are using this year as a model/excuse that it is doable. I think when this happens, we will see more soft tissue injuries. Let’s say we gave up a lot to get Sewell and didn’t have a chance to draft other OL, then non-contact injury happens and he is lost for the season. Then what? I don’t want to wait another year to see this OL improve.
        agree..... the less they practice it seems the more they get hurt......risk is higher......

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Too soon to dismiss any ideas
          I’d be mixed depending on what we gave up obviously
          I like how many have already decided it’s too much without having a hypothetical in hand haha
          and apparently many have more confidence in Telesco to find the right guys, to me, Sewell is worth considering trading up for, because if he busts here, I can comfortably say we didn’t leave it up to Telesco’s OL scouting.
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2020
            • Oklahoma
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Oh yes, lets hope these QBs move up the draft board. Still can trade down from 13 like you said
            still want to move one of those 6th or 7th rounders as part of a trade to a 5th rounder.
            not more picks - just more in the first five rounds.
            So if the normal trade value was say the Chargers 13th pick for a teams 1st and 3rd - maybe throw in the 6th to get a teams 5th

If the Seattle game showed anything yesterday - it starts up DAMN FRONT

The Rams DLine dominated that game. The Seahawks OL was terrible

Telesco - fix these two!!! Enough

Yes, Look at Chase Young shut down by TB left tackle last night. I want 2 new starting OL with the first two picks and a center in free agency.
            The game is won by the QB and the trenchman. Browns look good without Beckham. Jets a disaster with Bell. Steelers a great reg season without Bell and Brown
            Last edited by Leslie Grossman; 01-10-2021, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

[QUOTE=Leslie Grossman;n1168260]

Yes, Look at Chase Young shut down by TB left tackle last night. I want 2 new starting OL with the first two picks and a center in free agency.
              The game is won by the QB and the trenchman. Browns look good without Beckham. Jets a disaster with Bell. Steelers a great reg season without Bell and Brown[/QUOTE]

At least until they got to week 12 at 11-0. 1 - 5 after that........

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Everybody agree we need two starting tackles Tevi improved enough to be a backup, he didn't get exposed nearly enough just because Herbert mobility and quick reads any other QB we would be talking about how bad he was. Bulga is a roll of the dice with his back, as with Pouncey who I say we cut ties with. No way you can start 2021 with two rookie OT, I think best scenario is to draft OT with our 13th pick or trade back get and extra pick and still draft an OT in the first round and some where in 2nd or early 3rd get another OL doesn't matter C, or OG, all other picks I would concentrate on CB, DE, LB, WR

I hate to do it but we probably need to go to the free agency well for another OT. Tra Turner I give him a mulligan and we have to roll with Fenney because you can't replace the whole Offensive line and he has shown to at least be available.

Rookie OT, OG Turner, C Fenney, Rookie OG, FA 2021 OT

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                  Everybody agree we need two starting tackles Tevi improved enough to be a backup, he didn't get exposed nearly enough just because Herbert mobility and quick reads any other QB we would be talking about how bad he was. Bulga is a roll of the dice with his back, as with Pouncey who I say we cut ties with. No way you can start 2021 with two rookie OT, I think best scenario is to draft OT with our 13th pick or trade back get and extra pick and still draft an OT in the first round and some where in 2nd or early 3rd get another OL doesn't matter C, or OG, all other picks I would concentrate on CB, DE, LB, WR

I hate to do it but we probably need to go to the free agency well for another OT. Tra Turner I give him a mulligan and we have to roll with Fenney because you can't replace the whole Offensive line and he has shown to at least be available.

Rookie OT, OG Turner, C Fenney, Rookie OG, FA 2021 OT
                  No...take the money you'd spend on him for a free market tackle and draft for interior linemen.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

We have a future HOF safety on a rookie contract that can’t stay healthy... can he be traded for a starting quality LT?
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      We have a future HOF safety on a rookie contract that can’t stay healthy... can he be traded for a starting quality LT?
                      Why would you want to trade anybody young that you would call a future HOF'er?

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Why would you want to trade anybody young that you would call a future HOF'er?
                        Cuz to make the HOF ya gotta be able to get on the field.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2020
                          • Oklahoma
                          • Send PM

[QUOTE=La Costa Boy;n1168412]
                          Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

The game is won by the QB and the trenchman. Browns look good without Beckham. Jets a disaster with Bell. Steelers a great reg season without Bell and Brown[/QUOTE]

At least until they got to week 12 at 11-0. 1 - 5 after that........
                          Because they lost Bush and Dupree, my point being the Steelers are better without Bell and Brown.

Comment

Working...
                          X