Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I probably am not giving up more than a 3rd for Sewell. The Chargers need OL, Edge, CB and OG. So losing a pick might not be smart
    How about next years first?
    probably a late 20 something?
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

How about next years first?
      probably a late 20 something?
      actually I might be more inclined to do that for the reason you mention.

to me 2-5th rounders are vital in terms of building your roster with cheaper controllable players. Not that a first isn't important...but if the team is very good - might be a less valuable pick.

I think the best I would do for Sewell if using this years picks would be the extra comp pick and the 6th rounder - which might get you to the Cowboys - -probably would take a comp 3rd and the Chargers own 5 if the trade value were correct but still - I might do that deal

still prefer to hang tight at 13 and see what happens. more picks - not less!

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Daniel Jeremiah has the top 3 OTs ranked:
        1. Slater
        2. Sewell
        3 AVT
        I respect his opinion. If, during the draft, it looks like 1 or 2 of this 3 are going to be available at 13, I'd stay put.

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
          1. Slater
          2. Sewell
          3 AVT
          I respect his opinion. If, during the draft, it looks like 1 or 2 of this 3 are going to be available at 13, I'd stay put.
          Majority of mocks have the Chargers taking Darrisaw.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

If current mocks are reasonably accurate, one of Slater or AVT will be available at 13. So the question is how much better do your scouts believe Sewell is over them?
            Dramatically.
            #1 overall prospect regardless of position vs 2 very good prospects but neither Slater or AVT is a top 5 talent in this draft where Penei Sewell is an elite prospect. He favorably compares to Anthony Munoz.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Dramatically.
              #1 overall prospect regardless of position vs 2 very good prospects but neither Slater or AVT is a top 5 talent in this draft where Penei Sewell is an elite prospect. He favorably compares to Anthony Munoz.
              But remember - Jim Lachey went I think 12th to the Chargers before that stupid Ortmayer made a deal with the Raiders for John Clay - that was a terrible trade

Zach Martin I think went 15th to the Cowboys. So maybe find the right guy and they can succeed. Who has that "edge" to want to be great - if that can be measured. Thats the guy I want if not Sewell or Slater. Maybe its the USC, ATV, kid that Daniel J likes

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

1. Slater
                2. Sewell
                3 AVT
                Very difficult to understand !

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

But remember - Jim Lachey went I think 12th to the Chargers before that stupid Ortmayer made a deal with the Raiders for John Clay - that was a terrible trade

Zach Martin I think went 15th to the Cowboys. So maybe find the right guy and they can succeed. Who has that "edge" to want to be great - if that can be measured. Thats the guy I want if not Sewell or Slater. Maybe its the USC, ATV, kid that Daniel J likes
                  I’m not suggesting we wouldn’t find a capable Oline prospect at #13 but that Sewell, is by a dramatic distance, the best OT prospect since Ogden and Boselli came out.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Very difficult to understand !
                    Voch Lombardi slobbers over Slater's athleticism & next level technique. And, of course his game where he dominated Chase Young.
                    Sewell is a 6-6, 330 OT beast. Period. ( with some skills)
                    AVT is impressive in how he plays fast & finishes with his man on the ground, a LOT. He plays to the whistle +. Nasty!
                    Me? If Sewell reached 13, I'd take him in a heartbeat, but... I really like either of the other 2.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

I’m not suggesting we wouldn’t find a capable Oline prospect at #13 but that Sewell, is by a dramatic distance, the best OT prospect since Ogden and Boselli came out.
                      If he is truly that good - he is not lasting past 5. There is no way the Bengals pass on him. ZERO chance. There Franchise QB got hit a bunch last year. These mocks that have them taking Kyle Pitts - makes no sense. I get its the Bengals but they won't be that stupid.

Dirtworker big Ugly over the Stylish WR or TE. Thats how you win (Telesco take note!)

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

I value Jeremiah’s opinion a lot but I think he’s putting a bit too much stock into Slater’s great game against Chase Young. It was a great performance but I saw a qb getting rid of that ball rather quickly, not trying to diminish a GREAT (emphasis on great) game for Slater, but it’s just one game. Young was moving around and maybe he was just having a bad day himself, who knows.
                        Slater no doubt has great film and we would still be lucky to have him at 13, but to say he’s a better prospect than Sewell is a stretch, DJ lost me in that one.
                        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• JOJAX85
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Irmo, SC
                          • Send PM

If he is truly that good - he is not lasting past 5. There is no way the Bengals pass on him. ZERO chance. There Franchise QB got hit a bunch last year. These mocks that have them taking Kyle Pitts - makes no sense. I get its the Bengals but they won't be that stupid.

Dirtworker big Ugly over the Stylish WR or TE. Thats how you win (Telesco take note!)
                          I think you're right that the Bungals take him at 5. Which means we'd have to trade up to #4. But if he's even 90% of Anthony Munoz, I swap 1s, give them a 3rd AND next year's 1. Anthony Fucking Sideways Finger Munoz! Yeh, to protect my franchise QB, I Don't even look back.

Comment

Working...
                          X