• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
    I agree. TT has been very good for the most part about checking character background and accessing from there, so I would be good with TT drafting Darrisaw because of that. The OL has been dismal at best over the last several years and there are multiple players that are UFA, so there should be no reason the OL is not the focus this year, along with CB.

32. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS
    The Chargers’ offensive line has been among the worst in the NFL for several years now, but they were supposed to be better this season after adding veterans Trai Turner and Bryan Bulaga to the right side of the line. At least, they were supposed to be better in theory — that’s not what played out on the field.

Turner and Bulaga both battled through injury-shortened seasons and weren’t effective when they were on the field, either. Bulaga’s 61.6 overall grade ranked 29th at the right tackle position, and Turner came in as the lowest-graded right guard in the entire league by a wide margin (34.8). Those were the veterans who were supposed to raise the floor of what was otherwise a bad unit coming into the year, which made the lack of production from those two players hurt all the more.

Storm Norton came out of the year as Los Angeles’ highest-graded offensive lineman at 65.1 overall. In other words, the offensive line is once again a need for the Chargers.
    That is true: if Telesco drafts him, he's comfortable with his work rate.
    Telesco does not want his job to end like AJ Smith's: pleading for your LT to put out effort.

How hard will someone work in the off season if they need to be told to put out more effort on the field the year they enter the NFL draft?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

That is true: if Telesco drafts him, he's comfortable with his work rate.
      Telesco does not want his job to end like AJ Smith's: pleading for your LT to put out effort.

How hard will someone work in the off season if they need to be told to put out more effort on the field the year they enter the NFL draft?
      Gonna fling a new outlier mock at ya soon.

There will be Olinemen who take a swig of molten lava to start their days.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

That’s a good point.

TT took a gamble on Bulaga and Turner, both of whom had injury histories. And both moves backfired.

I like Walker Little a lot in this draft, but can you imagine TT trying to explain himself if Little’s knee gave out after we drafted him??

TT has a big job in front of him to get this OL right.
        Given what happened last year, I see him being EXTRA cautious with OL injury histories, both in the draft and FA.

That may rule out a lot of players. W. Little, Scherff, Trey Smith, Wyatt Davis, and Dickerson are a few that come to mind.

Not that they aren’t good players, it’s just that TT’s job may depend on it.
        Im not concerned at all about Littles knee. Isnt like he has multiple season ending injuries like Dickerson. And it will be nearly two years since his surgery when TC starts so not concerned about him at all. Its his only injury that i know of.

Scherff has a injury history and misses a lot of games so id rule him out with what his salary will be.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Darrisaw came out of high school as a 3 star and started immediately in a power 5 school. He improved every year. I’m not sure what part of that says lazy.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Im not concerned at all about Littles knee. Isnt like he has multiple season ending injuries like Dickerson. And it will be nearly two years since his surgery when TC starts so not concerned about him at all. Its his only injury that i know of.

Scherff has a injury history and misses a lot of games so id rule him out with what his salary will be.
            I love WL as a prospect and I’d be stoked if we drafted him at #47. But I’m just a fan. I’ve got nothing to lose.

HOWEVER, if I were the GM of the Chargers, I wouldn’t risk my job on his knee. Just saying. Any player who’s suffered a season ending injury has an injury history. There’s no way around it.

If TT drafts him it’ll just prove that he’s got a gigantic pair of brass balls.
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

A guy like AVT - Jeremiah is pretty high on him. Telesco just needs a solid pick - don't swing for the grand slam and hope. Take a more sure thing for the OL. Maybe lower ceiling but higher floor. Get a couple guys like that: AVT, Eichenberg, Creed, Wyatt Davis...
              I like your thought process.. I will be completely on board with that also!! Wyatt Davis and Creed Humphrey could possibly be nice value picks depending on how all of this plays out, and I would not mind reaching some for those because they are solid high floor type players in my opinion, which is very well needed as foundational pieces on that OL.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                Fluent in Sarcasm
                • Jun 2013
                • Iowa
                • Man of the People
                • Send PM

I love WL as a prospect and I’d be stoked if we drafted him at #47. But I’m just a fan. I’ve got nothing to lose.

HOWEVER, if I were the GM of the Chargers, I wouldn’t risk my job on his knee. Just saying. Any player who’s suffered a season ending injury has an injury history. There’s no way around it.

If TT drafts him it’ll just prove that he’s got a gigantic pair of brass balls.
                Herbert had a season ending injury his Sophomore year. Sure glad his injury history didn’t prevent us from drafting him. It’s a violent sport, guys are always going to get hurt. Obviously some have more of an issue staying healthy than others but I don’t think a single major injury is as concerning as a multitude of injuries even if they aren’t season ending.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post

I like your thought process.. I will be completely on board with that also!! Wyatt Davis and Creed Humphrey could possibly be nice value picks depending on how all of this plays out, and I would not mind reaching some for those because they are solid high floor type players in my opinion, which is very well needed as foundational pieces on that OL.
                  Pipkins was a high ceiling player,
                  Watt and Tuerk - not sure what they were.
                  Tevi was a late rounder
                  Fluker was his first pick but I think that was need. Not that OT is not need. And DJ has had a nice career

So when I see names like Creed or Wyatt in the second round, Tucker in the 1st - just seem like good solid - as you said, foundational pieces to the OL. I am not sure Hardwick or Goff ever made pro bowls - but they were good solid NFL players. Telesco has tried - but he has to do a better job. Maybe input from STaley, Lombardi , Smith will give better insight than the past

I was listening to a podcast that Popper had with some guy from PFF about the offseason and he mentioned how Lynn "LOVED" Kelley - he was Lynns guy. We also know Lynn loved Murray. So maybe Staley will give similar input to Telesco

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

Herbert had a season ending injury his Sophomore year. Sure glad his injury history didn’t prevent us from drafting him. It’s a violent sport, guys are always going to get hurt. Obviously some have more of an issue staying healthy than others but I don’t think a single major injury is as concerning as a multitude of injuries even if they aren’t season ending.
                    Level of importance:
                    knee > collarbone
                    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Level of importance:
                      knee > collarbone
                      I think OL knee injury is more significant due to their heavier weight and trying to stop/move large DT around as opposed to qb that is always playing upright.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I think Little can be had in the second round. It's 15 months since his ACL injury, he's a bit of a forgotten man and I think he's the best offensive tackle in this draft. Ideally we trade down in the first round so we can pick up two offensive linemen of quality. I like the corner out of Kentucky in.rd 3. I also like a late round Edge player. I think the kid out of Duke is very undervalued. I think the edge position has a lot of depth in this draft. I think we need two of them

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                          Darrisaw came out of high school as a 3 star and started immediately in a power 5 school. He improved every year. I’m not sure what part of that says lazy.
                          His tape says lazy. Just because he is talented dont mean he has drive. You will see him take plays off. Have you watched his tape or just read pundits takes like the one you posted?

Comment

Working...
                          X