• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

I think the call on Groy is already made.
    He was on the IR list earlier today .

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Pretty sure TT will pick Liam Eichenberg from Notre Dame in the second round.
      No doubt Roo. lol

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Bucky Brooks not too high on Golden Domers this year:

Brooks recently released his top-five rankings for each position group for the 2021 NFL draft and perhaps surprisingly, the College Football Playoff qualifying Notre Dame Fighting Irish saw just on…

Comment

• Parcells
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

From what I’ve read, I’d be good with Eichenberg in the second. He may be best suited for RT though. So hopefully we’ve already grabbed someone who can play LT in round one like Slater or Darrisaw.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

From what I’ve read, I’d be good with Eichenberg in the second. He may be best suited for RT though. So hopefully we’ve already grabbed someone who can play LT in round one like Slater or Darrisaw.
            Bookend tackles for the next 10 years...

jafar the idea has merit.jpg

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Bookend tackles for the next 10 years...

jafar the idea has merit.jpg
              Won’t be able to pay them both in 4 years especially with JH10 contract coming due then.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Parcells
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Won’t be able to pay them both in 4 years especially with JH10 contract coming due then.
                I would LOVE to have the problem that we are so loaded with talent in 4-5 years that we can’t afford to pay everyone. Sorry guys, we’ve got too many Pro Bowlers on the roster. Looks like we’re gonna have to not resign or just trade 1-2 of them.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

I would LOVE to have the problem that we are so loaded with talent in 4-5 years that we can’t afford to pay everyone. Sorry guys, we’ve got too many Pro Bowlers on the roster. Looks like we’re gonna have to not resign or just trade 1-2 of them.
                  Wouldn’t we all
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Now is the time to load up on talent. Warren Sharp tweeted it Friday - when you have your good young QB on a rookie contract - the rest of the team can be filled out better with quality so maximize especially the next three years. Year 5 Herbert will be in the 25-30m range for his option year.

As for Notre Dame players - I mock Telesco but if they are good they are good. Eichenberg in the 2nd makes sense if he is RT as the Chargers will need RT in a year.

Linval Joseph is a free agent after this year - unless released this offseason but they will have to use FA to sign somebody and thats probably shorter term
                    Harris and Hayward - free agents after this year - unless released
                    OL: its a mess

So, when I post why the Chargers need to go OL, CB, Edge, DL and OL the first four rounds - its almost because of NEED. They have to fill these immediate holes

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Now is the time to load up on talent. Warren Sharp tweeted it Friday - when you have your good young QB on a rookie contract - the rest of the team can be filled out better with quality so maximize especially the next three years. Year 5 Herbert will be in the 25-30m range for his option year.

As for Notre Dame players - I mock Telesco but if they are good they are good. Eichenberg in the 2nd makes sense if he is RT as the Chargers will need RT in a year.

Linval Joseph is a free agent after this year - unless released this offseason but they will have to use FA to sign somebody and thats probably shorter term
                      Harris and Hayward - free agents after this year - unless released
                      OL: its a mess

So, when I post why the Chargers need to go OL, CB, Edge, DL and OL the first four rounds - its almost because of NEED. They have to fill these immediate holes
                      ^ This. The Window of Opportunity starts NOW...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ This. The Window of Opportunity starts NOW...
                        It doesn't mean stupid decisions with the cap though - I still think you build through the draft and use free agency wisely because you don't want bad cap decisions. But yes, the window is open now so when I say release Hayward to sign a better younger CB, or even looking at options for Linval Joseph - its just the reality of the NFL. Tre Boston got signed to a three year deal by the Panthers, waived after year 1. No place for sentimentality.

Just strategic smart disciplined data driven decisions.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

After watching Mike's puff piece on Te Te I would be alright with taking him at #13 if available...incredible kid that fights like hell...

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X