• like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Anyone heard of this kid?

Chargers have had virtual meeting with UMass OT Larnel Coleman
    OLT #59. Nice nasty finish to the ground on this play.
    • Name: Larnel Coleman
    • Height: 6’6”
    • Weight: 308 lbs
    • Position: OT
    • College: University of Massachusetts
    • Twitter: @Ace_killa74
    • Instagram: 1_LColeman_5

Good movement for the big dude.

Larnel Coleman, DS #36 OT, Massachusetts
    Name: Larnel Coleman
    College: Massachusetts Number: 59
    Height: 6-6 Weight: 308
    Position: OT Pos2: OG
    Class/Draft Year: rSr/2021

40 Low: 5.14
    40 Time: 5.24
    40 High: 5.35
    Projected Round: Stock:
    Combine Results Pro Day Results
    Combine Invite:
    Height: 6061
    Weight: 308

Zybek PD3X AKA "Official"
    40 Yard Dash (ET):

40 Yard Dash (HH):
    20 Yard (ET):
    20 Yard (HH):
    10 Yard (ET):
    10 Yard (HH):
    225 Lb. Bench Reps:
    Vertical Jump:
    Broad Jump:
    20 Yrd Shuttle:
    3-Cone Drill:
    Dates: 03/25/21
    Hand: 10 1/4 Arm: 36 1/4
    Wingspan: 84 3/8

40 Yrd Dash:
    20 Yrd Dash:
    10 Yrd Dash:
    225 Lb. Bench Reps:
    Vertical Jump:
    Broad Jump:
    20 Yrd Shuttle:
    3-Cone Drill:
    ** Reduced Price Draft Scout Weekly Available Now - Free Updates ** ** Reduced Price Draft Scout Weekly Available Now - Free Updates **
    Data Scout Notes: 2020: 2ndPS...POutland...2nd team All-Independents w/12 sts at LT in '19. Started 12 gms at RT in '18. Backup w/1 st, 12 gms at RT in '17. Redshirted in '16.
    Last edited by like54ninjas; 02-24-2021, 08:30 PM.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• H82LUZN
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2020
      • Send PM

First post to the site but have been long term fan of your opinions. I personally am not a Darrisaw fan as he reminds me too much of Jared Gaither. His comp on a website that evaluates player is Eric Flowers. That’s 0 for two to me

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by H82LUZN View Post
        First post to the site but have been long term fan of your opinions. I personally am not a Darrisaw fan as he reminds me too much of Jared Gaither. His comp on a website that evaluates player is Eric Flowers. That’s 0 for two to me
        Welcome to the Powder Blues. Nice first post.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by H82LUZN View Post
          Awesome first post and not necessarily just because our opinions on CD are similar.

Eric Flowers comp is ugly and I think CD is much more athletic but not a worker or physical like EF.

Welcome to your new home @TPB.

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Strong....no doesn’t have much drive power.
            Excellent movement skills yes.
            Inconsistent technique yes but very coachable.
            Lazy far too often. Once he loses contact with his initial assignments the play is over for him. He never continues to work. His Oline teammates will run past him at times to try and get involved but not Christian. Talent is obvious but does he the heart to grind and compete vs the best?
            Watch the game vs UNC..........

I'm not sure I agree with much of this.

He is a low energy guy, that doesn't mean he is lazy. If you had to run around for 80 plays a game at the size he is, you would try to conserve energy too. Would everyone prefer if he is higher energy, sure, but if you ignore every guy who is lower energy, then there wouldn't be enough OL.

One of the things to keep in mind is that he is also very assignment conscious. VT is playing a zone offense, and he is playing his assignment. Like a lot of top tier OL, the other team is simply not putting someone over him on every play. So the TDN comment about "looking for work" is about him maintain his position, keeping his zone clean, but it wouldn't be a "zone" offense if he ran around willy nilly.

You see a lot of college kids running around trying to make plays and missing their assignments. It is part of why UNC really kicks the crap out of VT, is that some of his teammates are high energy, but they are looking for the 2nd block and not sustaining the first guy. That being said, he is having a hard time driving guys off the ball and manhandling them because he has a long way to go on some plays to get them. Teams know he will bury anyone over him, so they make him move to make the block.

That being said, every VT OL needs to do a better job of sustaining their blocks, and that includes Darrisaw. Darrisaw has a bunch of 2nd level blocks that are nice, but he has a lot of 1st level blocks where he needs to do a better job with his punch and his footwork, working to get better position.

The biggest thing I don't like about him is that he/his coach has him "bunching up" in his stance. Sometimes big guys get really small in their stance in an effort to have leverage. But then he loses the leverage he has by alignment when he pops straight up out of his stance. He loses the leverage and it hurts him some times. He needs to work better at really maintaining leverage on the 1st step and then working to keep his feet moving through the play.

I keep seeing the comparison between Fluker and Darrisaw. The big difference between them is that Fluker used to align with poor leverage and then used to lunge and be too aggressive. Darrisaw is a much smarter player and is much more willing to let the other player come to him, and plays the angles. At a similar stage, both need to work on their footwork and leverage to be upper tier OT. I don't think I would want Darrisaw as my LT, but I think he could be a pretty good RT.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Oklahoma
              • Send PM

Walker Little seems to me now a safer pick because of his brain than Darrisaw but probably not there at 47? Another trade down target in the first.

Comment

• H82LUZN
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2020
                • Send PM

I know that Landon Dickinson has an ACL injury and I am also on train that says you don’t take injured players early in the draft. But if anyone watched the senior bowl they had to be impressed with his leadership. As he had an injury he had a choice to not attend. His presence was seen on the sideline coaching up and supporting his teammates. He has a team-first attitude. The kind of person that Belicheck strives to put on his team. Just my two cents.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

He is a low energy guy, that doesn't mean he is lazy. If you had to run around for 80 plays a game at the size he is, you would try to conserve energy too. Would everyone prefer if he is higher energy, sure, but if you ignore every guy who is lower energy, then there wouldn't be enough OL.

One of the things to keep in mind is that he is also very assignment conscious. VT is playing a zone offense, and he is playing his assignment. Like a lot of top tier OL, the other team is simply not putting someone over him on every play. So the TDN comment about "looking for work" is about him maintain his position, keeping his zone clean, but it wouldn't be a "zone" offense if he ran around willy nilly.

You see a lot of college kids running around trying to make plays and missing their assignments. It is part of why UNC really kicks the crap out of VT, is that some of his teammates are high energy, but they are looking for the 2nd block and not sustaining the first guy. That being said, he is having a hard time driving guys off the ball and manhandling them because he has a long way to go on some plays to get them. Teams know he will bury anyone over him, so they make him move to make the block.

That being said, every VT OL needs to do a better job of sustaining their blocks, and that includes Darrisaw. Darrisaw has a bunch of 2nd level blocks that are nice, but he has a lot of 1st level blocks where he needs to do a better job with his punch and his footwork, working to get better position.

The biggest thing I don't like about him is that he/his coach has him "bunching up" in his stance. Sometimes big guys get really small in their stance in an effort to have leverage. But then he loses the leverage he has by alignment when he pops straight up out of his stance. He loses the leverage and it hurts him some times. He needs to work better at really maintaining leverage on the 1st step and then working to keep his feet moving through the play.

I keep seeing the comparison between Fluker and Darrisaw. The big difference between them is that Fluker used to align with poor leverage and then used to lunge and be too aggressive. Darrisaw is a much smarter player and is much more willing to let the other player come to him, and plays the angles. At a similar stage, both need to work on their footwork and leverage to be upper tier OT. I don't think I would want Darrisaw as my LT, but I think he could be a pretty good RT.
                  Lot of good stuff here and bingo,. Low energy is a good phrase for him over lazy. Though,... Hell sometimes he looks like he just don't wanna.

However, saying at his size he conserves energy...... He is 315 lbs, not like he is Becton at 365 lbs.
                  And yes he gets his feet too close together often times but that's coach able things.

Still think his low energy is a problem. Things won't get slower in the NFL.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-24-2021, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

His movement skills are not comparable to Flukers.
                    CD is an impressive athlete.
                    He is lazy without question on the field. Shows little effort after his initial contact win or lose or the rep.
                    I think CD has a very high ceiling. I also think he has a basement level floor.
                    Take a gamble in the late 3rd and bet on upside.

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Anyone heard of this kid?

OLT #59. Nice nasty finish to the ground on this play.
                      • Name: Larnel Coleman
                      • Height: 6’6”
                      • Weight: 308 lbs
                      • Position: OT
                      • College: University of Massachusetts
                      • Twitter: @Ace_killa74
                      • Instagram: 1_LColeman_5

Larnel Coleman, DS #36 OT, Massachusetts
                      Name: Larnel Coleman
                      College: Massachusetts Number: 59
                      Height: 6-6 Weight: 308
                      Position: OT Pos2: OG
                      Class/Draft Year: rSr/2021

40 Low: 5.14
                      40 Time: 5.24
                      40 High: 5.35
                      Projected Round: Stock:
                      Combine Results Pro Day Results
                      Combine Invite:

Zybek PD3X AKA "Official"
                      40 Yard Dash (ET):

40 Yard Dash (HH):
                      20 Yard (ET):
                      20 Yard (HH):
                      10 Yard (ET):
                      10 Yard (HH):
                      225 Lb. Bench Reps:
                      Vertical Jump:
                      Broad Jump:
                      20 Yrd Shuttle:
                      3-Cone Drill:
                      Dates: 03/25/21
                      Hand: 10 1/4 Arm: 36 1/4
                      Wingspan: 84 3/8

40 Yrd Dash:
                      20 Yrd Dash:
                      10 Yrd Dash:
                      225 Lb. Bench Reps:
                      Vertical Jump:
                      Broad Jump:
                      20 Yrd Shuttle:
                      3-Cone Drill:
                      ** Reduced Price Draft Scout Weekly Available Now - Free Updates ** ** Reduced Price Draft Scout Weekly Available Now - Free Updates **
                      Data Scout Notes: 2020: 2ndPS...POutland...2nd team All-Independents w/12 sts at LT in '19. Started 12 gms at RT in '18. Backup w/1 st, 12 gms at RT in '17. Redshirted in '16.
                      Good agility for a big dude. 36+ inch arms!! Pretty good.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I love it.

For me it’s Sewell #1 and Little #6 overall. I don’t think the professional scouts/player personnel guys have forgotten about Walker. Little @#13

Kelvin Joseph is an excellent CB. In the late 2nd/3rd round is right where he’ll go.

Which Duke Edge.....Dimukeje or Rumph II?
                        Rumph II

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Kiper had another mock draft. I don't have Insider but was watching Get up when they went through the Top 10 and he had a bunch of trades but the big thing was 5 QBs going in the first 10 picks - along with Sewell, Pitts, Chase, Surtain and DaVonta Smith (Mel has the Fish picking Smith - why not Chase - he is bigger and better - anyway) . Cowboys picked Surtain at 10 in Mel's mock. AT this point - it Slater is there at 11 - I wonder if TElesco thinks about trading their 4th rounder and the Titans 6th to the Giants (or even their own 6th as they have the Titans 6th). The Giants probably are not taking another OT -

But just have to see how it goes down

Comment

Working...
                          X