Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I hope he does trade up into the 4th for a TE.
    So the Falcons grab Fields at 10? That would make me happy.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Fields is basically a better version of Prescott for 36 million less per year over the next four years.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Good point, but so are premium LT.

So decision should be a simple one, there most likely not be a franchise LT left #13 but better possibility of a premium corner.

Are you saying don’t take best player available because of cost?
        If the CB on the board is a much better graded player than LT - take CB
        if they are close enough - I say take the LT

And maybe reading too much into what Staley said but Popper also wrote about this -- Chargers are looking for a LT best in pass protection . Popper even mentioned arm length.
        But I would not the least bit surprised if the Chargers go CB and Horn at 13.

And yes, I hope Jerrah trades the farm for Pitts at 4

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If the CB on the board is a much better graded player than LT - take CB
          if they are close enough - I say take the LT

And maybe reading too much into what Staley said but Popper also wrote about this -- Chargers are looking for a LT best in pass protection . Popper even mentioned arm length.
          But I would not the least bit surprised if the Chargers go CB and Horn at 13.

And yes, I hope Jerrah trades the farm for Pitts at 4
          Gathered same information, nice to be on the same page. Really doing a deep dive on possible left tackle candidates. Not on Darrisaw train, Jenkins could be special but like Darrisaw who didn’t post metrics, Jenkins negative is he would have to learn new position, going from RT to LT.

Sam Cosmi seems like the best fit far as pass pro in space. Superb athletic tackle just scratching the surface, with left side experience. Staley also said this, and I paraphrase, “ we focus not on where a player is in the fall 2021 but what that player could develop into 2022.” Which tells us all we need to know about Staley’s evaluation and developmental viewpoints. So I’m trying to mirror what I see now, length, athletic ability, work ethic and insert him into the Staley system, and I could really see Cosmi as having a much higher ceiling and better fit than either Darrisaw or Jenkins.

Allows TT flexibility too, can field offers for pick, if one of the QB’s fall or another blue chip player is sitting there #13 then trade down, late teens, add another pick and get your LT.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Gathered same information, nice to be on the same page. Really doing a deep dive on possible left tackle candidates. Not on Darrisaw train, Jenkins could be special but like Darrisaw who didn’t post metrics, Jenkins negative is he would have to learn new position, going from RT to LT.

Sam Cosmi seems like the best fit far as pass pro in space. Superb athletic tackle just scratching the surface, with left side experience. Staley also said this, and I paraphrase, “ we focus not on where a player is in the fall 2021 but what that player could develop into 2022.” Which tells us all we need to know about Staley’s evaluation and developmental viewpoints. So I’m trying to mirror what I see now, length, athletic ability, work ethic and insert him into the Staley system, and I could really see Cosmi as having a much higher ceiling and better fit than either Darrisaw or Jenkins.

Allows TT flexibility too, can field offers for pick, if one of the QB’s fall or another blue chip player is sitting there #13 then trade down, late teens, add another pick and get your LT.
            Good context about Staley. I engage in twitter and I mentioned Walker Little. And I get pushback because he hasn't played in two years and the thoughts are Jenkins or AVT are better players now than Walker Little (though Little was a legit top 10 nationwide prospect as a LT out of high school). Now, can the Chargers take another Pipkins type flier at OT. I don't think so. But I am not sure Cosmi or Little are Pipkins like fliers - I think they are better now. But to the point - the Chargers do not want somebody who is a better football player on April 28th or the day or the draft - they want somebody who will be a better football player from 2022-2025.

And if that means signing a LT as a bridge - so be it. As to your point - maybe they trade down to say 19 or 20. If WFT really like Darrisaw. Maybe the Chargers do "reach" a bit for Cosmi or Little at 19 - but they also pick up another second round draft choice in the process which could allow them using one of their 3rds with their 2nd to trade back up for CB.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Fields is basically a better version of Prescott for 36 million less per year over the next four years.
              Better? I dont know about that. Lance is a huge ? imo

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Jenkins has played some LT before. Said he could do it but prefers the right side. But of course said he would go where ever he is needed.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

Good context about Staley. I engage in twitter and I mentioned Walker Little. And I get pushback because he hasn't played in two years and the thoughts are Jenkins or AVT are better players now than Walker Little (though Little was a legit top 10 nationwide prospect as a LT out of high school). Now, can the Chargers take another Pipkins type flier at OT. I don't think so. But I am not sure Cosmi or Little are Pipkins like fliers - I think they are better now. But to the point - the Chargers do not want somebody who is a better football player on April 28th or the day or the draft - they want somebody who will be a better football player from 2022-2025.

And if that means signing a LT as a bridge - so be it. As to your point - maybe they trade down to say 19 or 20. If WFT really like Darrisaw. Maybe the Chargers do "reach" a bit for Cosmi or Little at 19 - but they also pick up another second round draft choice in the process which could allow them using one of their 3rds with their 2nd to trade back up for CB.
                  ^

I’m totally on board with this.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Better? I dont know about that. Lance is a huge ? imo
                    I’m not talking Trey Lance but Justin Fields.

I see Kyle Trask as a better comp to Prescott but none of these prospects would cripple your cap for at least the next four years. Depending where Fields goes, could be under the radar, best QB in class given time.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Jenkins has played some LT before. Said he could do it but prefers the right side. But of course said he would go where ever he is needed.
                      Pass. Another guy the Chargers would be moving out of his preferred spot. Hasn’t worked for us

Comment

• CTrout
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

LT Stone Forsythe (Florida) is a player that seems to have came out of nowhere. Ill admit i knew nothing of him...didnt see him in any draft boards, but some are saying he could go as high as the 2nd round.

From what ive gathered, his pass protection is outstanding but his run blocking is awful....and hes huge 6'8 320.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

I dont know why some think Little not playing is a negative. You dont forget how to play football but yes he did miss out on some reps and experience.

His knee shouldnt be a worry AT ALL while ive seen some mention it. Its been healing and rehabbed the whole time while some want to sign Eric Fisher who wont be even near a year from healing from his torn achilles.

Thats ok but we worry about Little's ACL?

Comment

Working...
                          X