• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Pass. Another guy the Chargers would be moving out of his preferred spot. Hasn’t worked for us
    Staley said you NEED to be able to play both spots so i dont think he cares about that. If you arent versatile, teams will mark you down for it. If a OT is ok playing both sides, i dont see a problem with it. Ive only heard of one OT say that he just couldnt adapt to RT from LT and that was former USC LT Sam Baker.
    What do you think about Bosa playing on both sides during a game? Bad idea? Von Miller or Mack? Bad ideas? They all seem to do fine at it.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

If Chargers trade down and take Cosmi they could easily double dip this tackle class with OT with all the measurable you want in 3rd, be it Little or another guy I really like a lot Spencer Brown. Both those guys have big frames, 6080/6070, but longer arms 34 3/4”/ 33 3/4” and good mobility.

More Cosmi info:
      H 6057
      arm length 33”
      W 314
      reps 36 same as Jenkins
      hands 10 1/4”
      forty 4.85 sec
      10 yard split 1.68
      Vertical 30”
      Broad Jump 9.9 ft.
      RAS 9.9

Good size LT with great explosion and agility. Who has steadily improved and developed in different offensive schemes so you could say he’s passed the scheme versatility test, but best fit would seem to be in zone system that Chargers are likely to employ with Lombardi. His strength coach @ Texas called him a freak, which translates as super effort work ethic and pure athletics.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont know why some think Little not playing is a negative. You dont forget how to play football but yes he did miss out on some reps and experience.

His knee shouldnt be a worry AT ALL while ive seen some mention it. Its been healing and rehabbed the whole time while some want to sign Eric Fisher who wont be even near a year from healing from his torn achilles.

Thats ok but we worry about Little's ACL?
        I don't get it either when I chat with the people on Twitter about Walker Little not having played since 2019 He also has been practicing - should be fully healthy as well. He had a solid pro day if I recall

I am only for signing Fisher if he is on track to be healthy - thats a long shot. I would put Villanueva, Wagner, Mitchell Schwartz and Dennis Kelly all ahead of him today.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

I dont know why some think Little not playing is a negative. You dont forget how to play football but yes he did miss out on some reps and experience.

His knee shouldnt be a worry AT ALL while ive seen some mention it. Its been healing and rehabbed the whole time while some want to sign Eric Fisher who wont be even near a year from healing from his torn achilles.

The difference is that Fisher has proved he can play in the NFL at a high level. Walker Little hasn’t.

It’s impossible to say how much effect sitting out two years will have on Little. On one hand, he won’t have a lot of wear and tear, but on the other, he’s missed two years of prime development and consistent reps that reinforce muscle memory.

Whether it’s playing piano or OT, not being able to do something for an extended period matters.

Fortunately for Little, he was already pretty technically sound before the injury, so the missed development shouldn’t matter as much. My main concern going forward isn’t specifically about his ACL, but about how the rest of his body will hold up after not playing 2 years, and then suddenly having to start in the NFL.

It’ll be an interesting case study.
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

So very well said! Walker Little is the real deal. He is the 2nd best OLT prospect in this class.

:toyou:
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

The difference is that Fisher has proved he can play in the NFL at a high level. Walker Little hasn’t.

It’s impossible to say how much effect sitting out two years will have on Little. On one hand, he won’t have a lot of wear and tear, but on the other, he’s missed two years of prime development and consistent reps that reinforce muscle memory.

Whether it’s playing piano or OT, not being able to do something for an extended period matters.

Fortunately for Little, he was already pretty technically sound before the injury, so the missed development shouldn’t matter as much. My main concern going forward isn’t specifically about his ACL, but about how the rest of his body will hold up after not playing 2 years, and then suddenly having to start in the NFL.

My main concern in the draft pick is finding a true Left Tackle
              AVT - seems to be a very good player, Jeremiah like him - but is he more of an OG
              Slater - the shorter arm thing; can he play LT or is he better suited to OG
              Jenkins -- only played a limited number of games at LT - said himself sees himself more of a RT
              Darrisaw- seems like a LT but the issues with his motor and can he be coached up
              Cosmi - big on potential, the athleticism but can he take it up to the NFL
              Little - seems to be a true LT but how much rust needs to scraped off and how quickly

For me today - longer term big picture: Sewell, Little, Cosmi

trade up for the first, trade back for the latter two (probably)

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I understand that but the injury is what seems to be a concern as much as his layoff.

I havent rode a bike in many many years but i think i can do it like it was yesterday.
                I havent played my Guitars in well over a year, maybe closer to two years and i will be rusty at first, but it wont take long. A little at a time because i lost the caluses on my fingers.

I had both knees replaced and was back to work in 8 months....and i dont have no desk job. Granted that isnt playing football but i had bone sawed off and replaced with metal and some sort of platic lol.

I just dont think it will be a big deal. I think like every rookie, the speed of the game is his biggest obstacle and perhaps since his layoff that will take more time but he should be good to go. He will have months of hopefully some OTAs and TC before a preseason game starts.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Pass. Another guy the Chargers would be moving out of his preferred spot. Hasn’t worked for us
                  It depends on what you mean. Positions change all the time in the NFL especially at OL. We have Feiler who was an RT playing one of the guard positions now. Riley Reiff was an RT for the Lions, switched to LT for the Vikings, and now play inside at guard for the Bengals.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

I understand that but the injury is what seems to be a concern as much as his layoff.

I havent rode a bike in many many years but i think i can do it like it was yesterday.
                    I havent played my Guitars in well over a year, maybe closer to two years and i will be rusty at first, but it wont take long. A little at a time because i lost the caluses on my fingers.

I had both knees replaced and was back to work in 8 months....and i dont have no desk job. Granted that isnt playing football but i had bones sawed off and replaced with metal and some sort of platic lol.

I just dont think it will be a big deal. I think like every rookie, the speed of the game is his biggest obstacle and perhaps since his layoff that will take more time but he should be good to go. He will have months of hopefully some OTAs and TC before a preseason game starts.
                    This draft in general is weird since a lot of the top guys opted out like Sewell. So I do expect some rust.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

This draft in general is weird since a lot of the top guys opted out like Sewell. So I do expect some rust.
                      Sure no doubt, but everybody is dealing with that for prospects. There were a lot of players that opted out and more that started the season and opted out. So YES, this draft is probably more unpredicable than most.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My main concern in the draft pick is finding a true Left Tackle
                        AVT - seems to be a very good player, Jeremiah like him - but is he more of an OG
                        Slater - the shorter arm thing; can he play LT or is he better suited to OG
                        Jenkins -- only played a limited number of games at LT - said himself sees himself more of a RT
                        Darrisaw- seems like a LT but the issues with his motor and can he be coached up
                        Cosmi - big on potential, the athleticism but can he take it up to the NFL
                        Little - seems to be a true LT but how much rust needs to scraped off and how quickly

For me today - longer term big picture: Sewell, Little, Cosmi

trade up for the first, trade back for the latter two (probably)
                        How come you mention Slater’s short arms but not Cosmi’s? They’re exactly the same length. Should we be talking about moving Cosmi to guard??

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It depends on what you mean. Positions change all the time in the NFL especially at OL. We have Feiler who was an RT playing one of the guard positions now. Riley Reiff was an RT for the Lions, switched to LT for the Vikings, and now play inside at guard for the Bengals.
                          Where did you see that Reiff will play guard? I read a report saying the Bengals ensured Reiff’s agent that he’d be at RT.

Comment

Working...
                          X