• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
    Darrisaw is a better run blocker than pass blocker. You can see his excellent bend and balance in thise back side seal blocks and he also excels at blocking smaller players in space at the second level. He makes contact, keeps his base, doesnt lunge.

His pass blocking stats are overrated related to scheme. VT didnt pass much and it was all quick. He has specific flaws in his footwork (lack of vertical in his kick, lack of slide in his slide) but the biggest pass pro issue for me is a lack of assertiveness in his hands. He has the length and the feet and the strength to make it work anyway at the college level.

Needs better hands but the clay is there. I don't care about the lack of "finishing". I like calm tackles who win snaps over and over. His ability to make contact at the second level will help wear out smaller defenders.

Looking at the rest of these guys and I see "guard", "guard", "guard". Possible NFL OTs in this class are Sewell, Darrisaw, Little, Radunz. Thats it. Not a deep class. I'll take a look at AVT again to see if I see craft in his hands that I missed before. Cuz it's slim pickings.
    I like this post....i think Darrisaw is gone before #13, before Slater.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      I would try to trade down if the pick is going to be AVT. Then double up with another LT prospect in the second or third.
      Edit: I think the scout is being too hesitant about Little because he hasn’t played in 2 years. Unless he has some debilitating injury that I’m not aware of, having decent length and good feet means you have potential to be an LT.
      good points about Little
      and sure - if you can trade back and trade up - thats a good scenario

In the Athletic two round mock draft from the beat writers

Popper got Slater in R1

and he traded up with Cincy for Stokes in R2
      gave up the Chargers 2 and 3 for the Bengals 2 and 4
      I might be okay with that type of trade as the Chargers still get a 4th round pick coming back -

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Learherwood has lead shoes going backward. Really bad.

Wasn't being fair to Jenkins there. I'm not worried about his length because of his hands. More worried about his feet. I think you'll have to chip or help almost constantly with him at the next level, so you'll always be looking to upgrade. More of a Jeromey "not moved to guard yet" Clary with a higher ceiling.
        We definitely see different things in Teven Jenkins.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

I really want to like Slater. I just dont see it at OT. He lets guys get into him on the edge too, like Darrisaw, but is also really succeptible to power moves. He gets bent back. In the NFL, against stronger and more complete edge players with multiple moves I think he'll be open to counter and power moves.

Jenkins didn't play against good or fast edge rushers and still sometimes struggles with his feet. I think he loses the edge at the NFL. Leatherwood really really reminds me of Fluker but Jenkins kinda does too.
          I like this one too....i didn't love the little bit i saw of Slater.
          He screams guard in his ability to get to the 2nd level.
          Doesn't mean he will be successful there....remember how everyone was in love with Xavier Filoitumua Su'a-Filo for that reason.

The post on Walker Little was spot on btw.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Teven Jenkins gets off the snap so quickly....he can get away with it.
            He's never off balance pedaling backwards.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I like this one too....i didn't love the little bit i saw of Slater.
              He screams guard in his ability to get to the 2nd level.
              Doesn't mean he will be successful there....remember how everyone was in love with Xavier Filoitumua Su'a-Filo for that reason.

The post on Walker Little was spot on btw.
              It will be interesting to see where all of these OL go based on mock drafts

There are always surprises -- somebody will fall and somebody will rise

If the Chargers trade back in the first round -- Walker Little - wonder where they could get him

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Jenkins a rich man's Clary...ugh...not good...
                It was Clary who lift launched him for the kill Topcat.

Jenkins will do this every other week. You'll get tired of it.

Not good?

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

I really want to like Slater. I just dont see it at OT. He lets guys get into him on the edge too, like Darrisaw, but is also really succeptible to power moves. He gets bent back. In the NFL, against stronger and more complete edge players with multiple moves I think he'll be open to counter and power moves.

Jenkins didn't play against good or fast edge rushers and still sometimes struggles with his feet. I think he loses the edge at the NFL. Leatherwood really really reminds me of Fluker but Jenkins kinda does too.
                  just plain and simple.... don't want to draft for need.

Zaven Collins pls,
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I love almost every aspect of his game. He was really growing on me. Looking specifically at his recovery to the corner when losing the hand fight is what concerned me. A lot of the edge rushers just plain screwed up against him this year. Weight on the wrong foot during a rip, things like that. It will be harder at the NFL level and he'll lose the hand fight more.

Clary had a very good career despite what the forums thought of him. His outside recovery was also what was lacking. Jenkins is bigger and stronger but I don't think he's longer or faster.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Today., after the McGinn article. And I trust McGinn. He might be the closest draft guy in the media to Rick Gosselin was back in the day. Meaning he is better connected that Kiper McShay, Shrager and other media types who do mock drafts.

If those scouts have AVT with the cleanest tape - thats the guy to draft.
                      And Telesco has drafted a ton from USC/UCLA.
                      He knows more about these programs since they are local...and that seems to matter to Telesco.

AVT might be the guy. Highest floor, flexible ....and Telesco needs that.

He's the guy i would guess.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

It was Clary who lift launched him for the kill Topcat.

Jenkins will do this every other week. You'll get tired of it.

Not good?

LOL...I think you just lift launched and killed Kitty's post!
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

And Telesco has drafted a ton from USC/UCLA.
                          He knows more about these programs since they are local...and that seems to matter to Telesco.

AVT might be the guy. Highest floor, flexible ....and Telesco needs that.

He's the guy i would guess.
                          And Stanford isn't far either....AVT and Little? What a haul that would be....the Trenchers could go to sleep for awhile...
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X