• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    Things are getting a little chippy here. Please try not to disagree with personal attacks etc. There is no need to question someones intellect. Ask them what drugs they are on etc. Lets try and disagree with a little fucking respect. I sat up here until 3AM trying to fix this forum and im frustrated today. Im tired. And probably a little intolerant of guys acting like assholes. I dont ask for much here. But i will rip an asshole this coming week leading up to the draft if im forced to.

Cool the jets a little guys. This is just an overall assessment i have noticed over the last couple weeks. Its expected and i totally get it. This is a big deal for us. But we are all brothers and sisters fighting the same fight. So please lets try and respect each other a little bit.

Thank you.
    Oh. I’ve been reading all of the really smart guys posts, ... I’d assumed we all decided that chippy was fun sport and everyone was game for it. Did someone get a puffy lip? Because if you could just point the sad fella out, maybe the rest of the guys could go easy on him for a spell?
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

In fact, Kiper did say he prefers Jenkins over Darrishaw for us, but thinks TT pulls the trigger on Darrishaw:

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...nd-mock-draft/
      I’m getting comfortable with the idea of Jenkins @#13 and since most think Walker Little will be @#47 pulling that trigger.
      Little the long term solution @OLT and Jenkins at ORG in 2021 / future @ORT.
      Get CB, EDGE, DS/DB, TE, OW, IDL rounds 3-7.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I’m getting comfortable with the idea of Jenkins @#13 and since most think Walker Little will be @#47 pulling that trigger.
        Little the long term solution @OLT and Jenkins at ORG in 2021 / future @ORT.
        Get CB, EDGE, DS/DB, TE, OW, IDL rounds 3-7.
        I'd be happy with 2 OT's in the first 2 rounds. One will most certainly play right away with the other ready to step in.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

Jenkins and Sewell are good examples of guys overcoming lack of length with good hand craft, good anchor and strength to 1 arm counter moves when they miss, and good explosiveness to reestablish separation and not let the defender play in their pads. Sewell clearly has better feet though.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
            You know who else was compared to Martin? Forrest Lamp.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I totally agree. I think he takes the easy way out too. Gets a woody for a player and trades up, so loses draft capital. So far the results are pretty bad so between the lost draft pick and the player not really panning out - its been a bad combo.

Do you damn job Telesco and find more than one good player

But again, if he thinks Sewell is the answer - I can appreciate it. Left Tackle is a big void!
              He’s traded up in 2013, 2014, 2015, and last year. So half of the time. Looks like it’s time to trade down.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Best bet for a trade down is if QB5 is still there and someone wants to jump over NE.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

I'd be happy with 2 OT's in the first 2 rounds. One will most certainly play right away with the other ready to step in.
                  Disaster is coming out of this draft with nobody reasonably competent to start at OLT from day 1. And TT should be fired for incompetence immediately if that happens.

TT can get one at 13, trade back to later in the first or trade his 2 and 3 to get back into the first. Just don't say you wanted one at pick 47 and nobody was there. There's multiple paths to success here TT, don't blow it.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Disaster is coming out of this draft with nobody reasonably competent to start at OLT from day 1. And TT should be fired for incompetence immediately if that happens.

TT can get one at 13, trade back to later in the first or trade his 2 and 3 to get back into the first. Just don't say you wanted one at pick 47 and nobody was there. There's multiple paths to success here TT, don't blow it.
                    Move down a bit and pick up an extra second rounder and I'm good with that. I'd even use my 4th and 5th rounders to move up in the third to select targeted players. Give me 5 players inside the top 80 picks and the rest can be fleshed out as walk-ons.

:Cheers1:
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

https://www.pewterreport.com/teven-j...outing-report/

Take a look at the second clip here (Jenkins vs Ossai) to see an example of someone pass blocking perfectly. No big hits but just a rusher being completely neutralized and ending up nowhere. Hit, separate, hit, separate.

Third clip is my concern with Jenkins. Edge wins the hand fight with a good swat/rip against Jenkins' outer arm and is able to get into/under Jenkins' pads. Here Jenkins can recover. Does he have the feet to do that against NFL edge rushers? No one wins hand fights all the time, especially with shorter arms, so you need recovery. NFL pass rushers are both craftier and faster. That rusher was, frankly, not very athletic on that snap

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Oregon OT Penei Sewell Talks NFL Draft, Justin Herbert & More with Rich Eisen | Full Interview

Comment

• Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Jenkins all day everyday over Darrisaw.
                          Jenkins seems to have traits more traditionally associated with right tackle than left tackle, though.

What should the plan be for us at LT? We have a starting RT (at least until he gets injured).

Comment

Working...
                          X