Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    Lordy I hope we have the ability to sign some players like that. Still don't think we sign but a few but first time for everything and we need OL. Can't start three rookies there.

Excellent work Ninj
    Thanks.

Definitely not what I think the organization would do. Simply what I would attempt to do if I was the GM.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

RIGHT NOW is absolutely right. Drafting OL can be such a crap shoot. Slater/AVT ? That's why I'm convinced that the IOL should be rebuilt through FA. At least one quality center Austin Reiter of KC--much cheaper than Linsley...and one quality (mid-salary range) guard see Matt Feiler PIT... The new regime will be built around JH... and will be pass heavy IMO. Look for good pass blockers like James Empey of BYU ?... and some good pass catching RB's too.

Nutt--y. :nod:
      Yes, I think Slater/ATV would be my pick right now.
      Yes. I've touted Reiter before... he will be cheaper.
      Yes. Matt Feiler would make me happy.
      Yes. Empey in the later rounds would be good depth.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
        Ekeler at RB is not enough talent on the RB depth chart
        So, I was recently watching RBs and just looking for burst through hole. How often made 1st guy miss. And what do you know. JH10 old buddy CJ Verdell was looking very shifted like Austin Ekeler. Over and over again he was slipping past the 1st tackler.

I want Verdell on the team backing up Ekeler. He got that Sproles thing Lombardi was talking about.
        ​​​​​​
        Edit: I don't think he declared for 2021 draft. :dunno:​​​​​​
        I like Verdell, too... but I think he's staying in school. No announcement yet.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

The Chargers have had so much trouble just with availability of offensive lineman over past few seasons. Except for Feeney and Tevi. Tevi had his best year last year.
          And Feeney can play both guard spots and center. And he has started all 16 for 3 straight seasons. Easily the most reliable olineman the team has had. I don't remember a single botched snap with Feeney. He doesn't get penalty either. No holding.
          So even though these two are not top lineman in the league.
          They both are 26 and have proven to have the best ability of availability. So I want them back for that reason.

​​​​​​Pipkins is terrible. Chargers should sign Beachum-OT last year to be the swing tackle. Cardinals added him for 1 mil and started 16 games, he also has great availability for his career. No he is not great but he is way better than Pipkins who allowed 4 sacks in limited starts. Beachum played all 16 and only allowed 3 sacks. And he ranked#2 in run block win rate for OT. Beachum is a UFA. I want a good line. But first I want a durable line. Players that have great availability. Feeney, Tevi, Beachum have that. So I want them all on the team next year. It's hard for the unit of 5 to gel into a fist and punch others in the mouth when your missing and replacing fingers.

Also, offense wasn't really the issue, imo. Chargers passing was top 10 unit. With Ekeler the run game was 4.6 per carry. The defense was an issue. The kicking game was an issue.
          Depth at RB was an issue. Depth at TE was bit of an issue. Edge pass rusher was a issue opposite Bosa.

I rather they put more resources over the off season toward building the defense for Staley. And get better depth at RB and TE. If BPA on the board is offensive lineman, definitely pick that player. But don't draft need for the offensive lineman over BPA. Just take the best player on the board.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
            The Chargers have had so much trouble just with availability of offensive lineman over past few seasons. Except for Feeney and Tevi. Tevi had his best year last year.
            And Feeney can play both guard spots and center. And he has started all 16 for 3 straight seasons. Easily the most reliable olineman the team has had. I don't remember a single botched snap with Feeney. He doesn't get penalty either. No holding.
            So even though these two are not top lineman in the league.
            They both are 26 and have proven to have the best ability of availability. So I want them back for that reason.

​​​​​​Pipkins is terrible. Chargers should sign Beachum-OT last year to be the swing tackle. Cardinals added him for 1 mil and started 16 games, he also has great availability for his career. No he is not great but he is way better than Pipkins who allowed 4 sacks in limited starts. Beachum played all 16 and only allowed 3 sacks. And he ranked#2 in run block win rate for OT. Beachum is a UFA. I want a good line. But first I want a durable line. Players that have great availability. Feeney, Tevi, Beachum have that. So I want them all on the team next year. It's hard for the unit of 5 to gel into a fist and punch others in the mouth when your missing and replacing fingers.

Also, offense wasn't really the issue, imo. Chargers passing was top 10 unit. With Ekeler the run game was 4.6 per carry. The defense was an issue. The kicking game was an issue.
            Depth at RB was an issue. Depth at TE was bit of an issue. Edge pass rusher was a issue opposite Bosa.

I rather they put more resources over the off season toward building the defense for Staley. And get better depth at RB and TE. If BPA on the board is offensive lineman, definitely pick that player. But don't draft need for the offensive lineman over BPA. Just take the best player on the board.
            Another post I agree with.
            I do believe the Trenchers are coming back to the pack.

Wait...I see what you did there.
            I want Farley !
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

I want Farley !
              We should all want Farley.
              :cheers:

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

We should all want Farley.
                :cheers:
                I remember you describing Wyatt Davis as not quite Quenton Nelson level, but close to David DeCastro.

Where is Caleb Farley vis-a-vis Jalen Ramsey ?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

I remember you describing Wyatt Davis as not quite Quenton Nelson level, but close to David DeCastro.

Where is Caleb Farley vis-a-vis Jalen Ramsey ?
                  They’re athletic profiles are very close.
                  Ramsey is more physical, patient, and has much better technique.
                  Farley has better ballskills, natural instincts, but is raw/new to position. He needs good coaching and more reps.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

I want Farley !
                    Yep. I did it.
                    First 3 picks.
                    DB, DL, LB
                    One defender for each unit on the Staley defense.
                    Giving the new HC some toys to play with.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

round one * guessing the DJ factor takes precedence and we end up w/Slater.... if we don't, still prefer a trade down w/Jax for their later first and second, and where we'd have to throw in a sixth to make it work.

round two * hoping Stokes pulls a Nasir and drops to us @47.... if not, would be looking DL w/the either of Barmore (props to Critts there) or Tufele, or perhaps even Jayson Oweh on the Edge.

round three * still a Josh Myers proponent, and wouldn't hesitate to reach for the likes of a Tyler Shelvin and/or Trey Smith pretty much anywhere on day two.... Spencer Brown also still intrigues me, if our scouts are good w/him

comp pick * am all about Hamsah here, unless someone really, really good dropped to here

round four * this is where the RBs line up for me, w/Trey Sermon leading the short list, w/Chuba Hubbard and even Kylin Hill a consideration after that

round five * CB Ambry Thomas still holds gold here if he "pans" out.... Divine Deablo is another day three guy that seems like a solid add for us

round six * don't got much here, as LaBryan Ray is the only guy eye see that might be good depth in place of Square

am holding onto Hayward, Virgil 'n Vigil, Denzel (fool's gold me thinx holding out hope for Drue for a full season), Rochell, and Sam.... also have high hopes for Derwin + Nasir, and hopefully w/a Hamsah and/or Deablo on top of that.... and haven't seen much mention of Facyson, but he's on my 53 as well

don't think Kyzir nor Rayshawn are coming back, and would move on from MW and Dan, albeit if he stays would give him a go @RG, or better yet.... trade him for a day three pick

FA * still on the lookout for the likes of Matt Schaub, JuJu Schuster, OG John Miller and SCB Brian Poole

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

ps. forgot about Daviyon Nixon.... where does he fit into the mix ?? think I'd def put him in w/my round two DL cluster....
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                          ps. forgot about Daviyon Nixon.... where does he fit into the mix ?? think I'd def put him in w/my round two DL cluster....
                          Daviyon ? Not fat enough.

the beach is back...

:larry:

Comment

Working...
                          X