Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    Yeah, some of the guys in my mock probably won't be there either... but it's nice to dream.

I think you nailed the prediction of Vikings taking AVT @#14. In fact, depending on teams in front of us, ATV may not even be there for us. Panthers, Giants, and 49ers could all be looking for an OT.

Man... the 2nd round cluster is stacked for me: CB Tyson Campbell, RB Javonte Williams, LB Chazz Surratt, OC Creed Humphrey, OT Liam Eichenberg... not to mention the inevitable 1st round tumbler. It would be hard for me to pick Tufele over some of those guys.

I hated the Tillery pick. But it is what it is. I'm hoping Staley can get something out of him. Maybe the move from 3-tech to 4-tech will help. Maybe he'll get more 1-on1's with an OLB on his right shoulder...? We need another 4-tech to give Bosa a breather (gonna be rotating the DL a lot). What do you think of later round sleepers Malik Herring and Ta'Quon Graham...? If you're looking for stouter, double team eating 4-tech... Neil Ferrel Jr. is a late round prospect.
    If we stay at #13 there will be a top 8 positional prospect sitting there for us. Too many QBs and WRs will go top 12.

I do not have Campbell that high and will be shocked if Creed is not taken in the top 25.

Tillery was 2-3 rounds over drafted. I’m hoping Staley gets more out of him but think he is strictly a rotational PRS.
    Love Ta’Quon and your dude Ferrell would be excellent prospects to form a serious Dline rotation.
    J. Jones will play 4I as well.
    A prospect I think can be a dominant 5T/4I/3T is Janarius Robinson. His frame can easily hold another 15#-25#.
    All these prospects should be available on day 3.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

If we stay at #13 there will be a top 8 positional prospect sitting there for us. Too many QBs and WRs will go top 12. There is recent talk that these QBs are overrated. Teams may be inclined to stay put. The trade buzz with vet QBs might be indicative of this thinking going on.

I do not have Campbell that high and will be shocked if Creed is not taken in the top 25. Brugler has Josh Myers mid round 2 and Creed Humphrey mid round 3. Mobility, value ie draft slotting and getting to the second level are issues IMV.

Tillery was 2-3 rounds over drafted. I’m hoping Staley gets more out of him but think he is strictly a rotational PRS.
      Love Ta’Quon and your dude Ferrell would be excellent prospects to form a serious Dline rotation.
      J. Jones will play 4I as well.
      A prospect I think can be a dominant 5T/4I/3T is Janarius Robinson. His frame can easily hold another 15#-25#.
      All these prospects should be available on day 3. LAR were bottom ranked defenders at tackles for loss. I want more anchor, occupying of two blockers from the 4i, so as to give Murray clean looks for consistent tackling with short gains.
      My ideas and learning curve about how Staley wants us to play defense are growing. I am higher on CB Campbell than you. It is all about back to front.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltsfan70 View Post
        i did a 3 round mock.
        first we would have to sign trent williams and hunter henry
          Los Angeles Chargers
          Micah Parsons
          LB, Penn State
          Los Angeles Chargers
          Eric Stokes
          CB, Georgia
          Los Angeles Chargers
          Josh Myers
          IOL, Ohio State
          Los Angeles Chargers
          Quincy Roche
          EDGE, Miami
        • I would really be happy if this is how the rest offseason went
        These are all hits for me Sir.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
          opting for the trade down w/Jax.... in part coz DJ has Rashawn coming off the board before 13, I got AVT on the front burner here if no Slater or actually have a secret dark horse. Gonna need security once The Trenchers find out.

025) CB Eric Stokes * the new HC likes to build from the back to the front, and this guy is my fave player in the mix earlier than later
          045) Solid take ! OG Trey Smith * not sure how nor why the hype train has pushed this guy to the back o' the bus, and.... not havin' it
          047) Agreed ! Looked real good in Mobile. DT Daviyon Nixon/NT Tyler Shelvin * would like me a Linval hedge, but not wantin' to miss out on a real talent @the 3T
          077) Great prospect. I have a perceived better scheme fit later. OC Josh Myers * hopefully we can revisit some Hardwick third round magic here
          100) Hell yeah ! SS Hamsah Nasirildeen * dude has some things that need to be coached/cleaned up, and.... want him in my defensive secondary
          108) Intriguing prospect with mixed reports about coverage issues. RB Trey Sermon/Chuba Hubbard * am a Josh Kelly fan/proponent, and.... we need another solid back there
          142) Love Sermon, Chuba. No Kelley fan--and I'm a Bruin. SS Divine Deablo * Ninj has been raising the flag for too long to get off the bandwagon now.... more reinforcements for the DB ranks
          173) Divine a definitepossibility. CB Ambry Thomas * plenty o' boards have this guy gone by now.... will take my chances
          179) Ambry high on my list. traded to Jax
          203) DE LaBryan Ray * placeholder 'til eye've got somethin' better for the all y'all
          I have a couple different late prospects--no biggie.
          Comments, critique in bold Powder Blue.

:smile:​​​​​​​

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            My ideas and learning curve about how Staley wants us to play defense are growing. I am higher on CB Campbell than you. It is all about back to front.
            Campbell has zero ballskills and production (1INT / 12 PBUs in 31 games). He gets torched in trail, crossers, and has limited zone recognition. His punch in press is widely inaccurate and his lateral agility/COD are slow with long steps. He is a project based on his insane athletic profile but that’s it.

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Campbell has zero ballskills and production (1INT / 12 PBUs in 31 games). He gets torched in trail, crossers, and has limited zone recognition. His punch in press is widely inaccurate and his lateral agility/COD are slow with long steps. He is a project based on his insane athletic profile but that’s it.
              A developmental CB/STer ?
              Since I want to keep Showcase/CHJ, move Adderley to CB, this works.
              MDavis or splash Oline UFA ?
              Facyson in coverage...seen enough ?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

A developmental CB/STer ?
                Since I want to keep Showcase/CHJ, move Adderley to CB, this works.
                MDavis or splash Oline UFA ?
                Facyson in coverage...seen enough ?
                Yes. Late 3rd/early 4th.
                I like Nasir playing some .05. ShowCase/CHJR or 2 FA Olinemen?
                MDavis
                Yes. Decent STer but not a coverage asset.

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Yes. Late 3rd/early 4th.
                  I like Nasir playing some .05. ShowCase/CHJR or 2 FA Olinemen?
                  MDavis
                  Yes. Decent STer but not a coverage asset.
                  PFF says Campbell is smoove
                  and that he's a tackling machine.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

I like Campbell but I think Stokes is on a much higher level. Watching that Bama game was a real eye opener. Mac Jones destroyed Campbell but avoided Stokes’s side almost entirely.
                    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

PFF says Campbell is smoove
                      and that he's a tackling machine.
                      He tackles no doubt but many CBs tackle well in this draft including his teammate who has far superior coverage skills.
                      Tyson has only about 80 tackles in 3 years as a starting/significant playing time prospect. Which with how much he was picked on in coverage is low at about 2.3 TPG. He only has 7 MTKL so that isn’t horrible.

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                        I like Campbell but I think Stokes is on a much higher level. Watching that Bama game was a real eye opener. Mac Jones destroyed Campbell but avoided Stokes’s side almost entirely.
                        I concur.
                        Stokes is CB3 on my board not far behind Surtain II.

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

I will now use the patented self quote.

wu-dai: I am higher than you on Campbell.

ninja goes scorched earth full ninja mode.

Eye have been destroyed.

Nowhere did I say I was gonna draft the sum beech.

Comment

Working...
                          X