• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I concur.
    Stokes is CB3 on my board not far behind Surtain II.
    I’ve got him tied at 3A/B with Jaycee Horn. Very different CB prospects but their strengths and weaknesses level out IMO.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      I will now use the patented self quote.

wu-dai: I am higher than you on Campbell.

ninja goes scorched earth full ninja mode.

Eye have been destroyed.

Nowhere did I say I was gonna draft the sum beech.
      Not sure what “scorched earth full ninja mode” means in this convo/debate over draft prospects.
      I’m an asshole no question but is that the case in this instance?

Just giving my notes on the dude.

Campbell has zero ballskills and production (1INT / 12 PBUs in 31 games). He gets torched in trail, crossers, and has limited zone recognition. His punch in press is widely inaccurate and his lateral agility/COD are slow with long steps. He is a project based on his insane athletic profile but that’s it.
      He tackles no doubt but many CBs tackle well in this draft including his teammate who has far superior coverage skills.
      Tyson has only about 80 tackles in 3 years as a starting/significant playing time prospect. Which with how much he was picked on in coverage is low at about 2.3 TPG. He only has 7 MTKL so that isn’t horrible.
      No need getting yourself tweaked.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
        I’ve got him tied at 3A/B with Jaycee Horn. Very different CB prospects but their strengths and weaknesses level out IMO.
        Have Wade as CB4 but as a .05. I don’t think he will hold up outside.

I’m concern with Jaycee’s acceleration/closing burst, ability to speed turn/flip hips, and his long speed.
        He and Zyon McCollum (not sure if he has declared) are the most physical CB in this class.

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Have Wade as CB4 but as a .05. I don’t think he will hold up outside.

I’m concern with Jaycee’s acceleration/closing burst, ability to speed turn/flip hips, and his long speed.
          He and Zyon McCollum (not sure if he has declared) are the most physical CB in this class.
          Hmm not sure if I share your views on Wade. I think Molden is the best nickel prospect in the draft, hands down. Aaron Robinson’s my #2 nickel. He’s better suited there, but could probably survive on the perimeter. Molden’s a pure nickel.

Not a huge fan of Asante Samuel either. I’d put Wade and Samuel in the same overrated bin as Derion Kendrick, who made a good decision to return to Clemson.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Hmm not sure if I share your views on Wade. I think Molden is the best nickel prospect in the draft, hands down. Aaron Robinson’s my #2 nickel. He’s better suited there, but could probably survive on the perimeter. Molden’s a pure nickel.

Not a huge fan of Asante Samuel either. I’d put Wade and Samuel in the same overrated bin as Derion Kendrick, who made a good decision to return to Clemson.
            Wade, in the slot in 2019, is as impressive, film from the NCB, I’ve scouted over the last 4 years.
            Samuel has some of the best ballskills in this class. See him 2/3.
            Molden is a prospect that I said awhile ago could go round 1. He is a top 50 prospect.

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Wade, in the slot in 2019, is as impressive, film from the NCB, I’ve scouted over the last 4 years.
              Samuel has some of the best ballskills in this class. See him 2/3.
              Molden is a prospect that I said awhile ago could go round 1. He is a top 50 prospect.
              What do you think of Kevin King as a FA acquisition? Doubt he’ll return to GB after his poor showing against the Bucs in the championship game. But besides that game I’ve always thought he was a solid, capable outside corner.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

What do you think of Kevin King as a FA acquisition? Doubt he’ll return to GB after his poor showing against the Bucs in the championship game. But besides that game I’ve always thought he was a solid, capable outside corner.
                Loved KK coming out.
                He has been dinged up quite a bit over his first 4 seasons.
                2019 KK I’m very interested in.

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Campbell has zero ballskills and production (1INT / 12 PBUs in 31 games). He gets torched in trail, crossers, and has limited zone recognition. His punch in press is widely inaccurate and his lateral agility/COD are slow with long steps. He is a project based on his insane athletic profile but that’s it.
                  I think you're being way too hard on Campbell. He's consistently in guys' hip pockets.
                  He shut down Seth Williams and he's battle tested in the SEC against very good WR's. Georgia had him lined up over other team's top receivers most of the time. Devonte Smith had a good game against Campbell... but Devonte is also the best WR in college. People critcized Campbell for getting burned long against Waddle... but if you look at the tape, Campbell got hung out to dry by his teammate's late communication and switch. He rarely gets "torched" and is very good in press coverage... which I think Staley will be looking for this draft. IMO, he's better suited as a press CB than most of CB's in front of him. His physical traits give him the highest ceiling. Renaldo Hill could turn Campbell into a shut-down corner. We're talking mid-2nd round. If we're talking about impact on a defense, I'd pick him over Tufele.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I think you're being way too hard on Campbell. He's consistently in guys' hip pockets.
                    He shut down Seth Williams and he's battle tested in the SEC against very good WR's. Georgia had him lined up over other team's top receivers most of the time. Devonte Smith had a good game against Campbell... but Devonte is also the best WR in college. People critcized Campbell for getting burned long against Waddle... but if you look at the tape, Campbell got hung out to dry by his teammate's late communication and switch. He rarely gets "torched" and is very good in press coverage... which I think Staley will be looking for this draft. IMO, he's better suited as a press CB than most of CB's in front of him. His physical traits give him the highest ceiling. Renaldo Hill could turn Campbell into a shut-down corner. We're talking mid-2nd round. If we're talking about impact on a defense, I'd pick him over Tufele.
                    I’ve watched 22 of his games. My assessment stands. We simply disagree on his evaluation.
                    Ill disagree with Devonte Smith as the best WR in college football in this or any other season. He’ll struggle worse than Jeudy getting off press, creating separation, and staying healthy with his minuscule frame in the NFL.

I do agree that we will be looking for speed with M2M skills going forward at CB.

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

• DaVonte Smith was the best COLLEGE WR this year. Will he be too slight to compete at that level in the NFL...? That's a different discussion.
                      • Which of Campbell's games do you suggest I watch...? I've seen a few... most of this year's games.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

I’ve watched 22 of his games. My assessment stands. We simply disagree on his evaluation.
                        Ill disagree with Devonte Smith as the best WR in college football in this or any other season. He’ll struggle worse than Jeudy getting off press, creating separation, and staying healthy with his minuscule frame in the NFL.

I do agree that we will be looking for speed with M2M skills going forward at CB.
                        Here’s my list of outside corners that I’d pick over Campbell:
                        Farley, Surtain, Stokes, Horn, Robinson, Newsome, Adebo.

I’ve got Campbell in the Rodarius Williams, Keith Taylor, St-Juste cluster.

I’ll agree with Boltnut, Davonte Smith was the best WR in college last year.

Whether or not that translates to the NFL? Now that’s a separate question. Personally, I think it will. Kid’s got the IT factor. Just hope he stays healthy.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                          • DaVonte Smith was the best COLLEGE WR this year. Will he be too slight to compete at that level in the NFL...? That's a different discussion.
                          • Which of Campbell's games do you suggest I watch...? I've seen a few... most of this year's games.
                          If I remember correctly Campbell didn’t play too well vs Mississippi St., Florida, and Bama.

Comment

Working...
                          X