Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Your First 3 rounds 2021

Well...last years version was put out on Christmas, so why not? Way early, and I'll have a million versions, like everyone else, before all is said and done.

There are a number of ways to predict as well...there is what I would like, what the Chargers should do, what the Chargers will actually do...

For now, I'm putting down my personal wish list, though trying for some amount of realism.

I don't think it's official yet, but pretty much everyone expects we will be awarded a 3rd round comp, so I would encourage anyone offering up a mock to include that.

1. Gregory Rousseau Edge- OT is our biggest need, but not by much. Joey needs help, and this kid will be perfect developing his huge upside in our rotation next season...and I got a plan for OT...

2. Rashawn Slater OT/OG- Some draft sites and gurus are high on this kid, but he is a tweener...and they typically fall. Hopefully our staff takes advantage of this, and steals him in the second.

3a. Walker Little OT- Little college tape, and he hasn't played in 2 years...I think he falls through the cracks to the third, netting us another steal.

3b. Tyson Campbell CB- I think Hayward is back, but he needs an understudy, and we need an upgrade to ST talent.

Argument-

Some might think Rousseau will be gone, but I think he may actually fall...he has huge upside, but still raw, and he didn't play this year. If we go 4-3 next year, he will be great in a rotation with Bosa and Tillery. With Penei gone, I think it likely we go defense, because I believe we will be able to still nab some good oline prospects in the second and third...at least in my version of events, lol...

Two tackles? Yep...I could care less if I ever see Pipkins again...as much as I like Slater, his lack of length may make him better suited at OG, where I think he begins...but also possibly succeeding Bulaga at RT after another year. So have him compete for RG or send Trai packing, and just insert him there, and let Little battle it out with Tevi. (Hopefully Little has spent the last 2 years working his ass off) Tevi I see becoming our swing tackle...
    It's also possible Slater competes for and wins LT outright and thrives there...then Little can understudy RT, and Tevi is still our swing tackle. In the end, the overall quality of our OTs goes up, and we can kick Bulaga down the road in the near future.

Campbell is a nice addition of youth and talent to our secondary, and to our special teams corps.

So yea...this prediction is only worth the 5 minutes it took for me to type it up...really have no clue where guys are gonna fall, and won't until after the combine...if then.... Just having fun here, folks....so have at it.

The TPB makes plans....

And Jim Harbaugh laughs...
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

I just did a TDN mock and my first 3 picks were Pitts at 12, Leatherwood in the second and I grabbed more OT with Teven Jenkins in the 3rd. I would take that for a month of Sundays IMHO.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

1st: WR Rashod Bateman
      2nd: OT Jackson Carman
      3rd: DE Joe Tryon
      3rd: CB Elijah Molden

I upgrade my IOL through FA. (Target OC Corey Linsley and OG Ethan Pocic)
      I'd re-sign and trade MW for a 3rd rounder. Then use that pick on LB Chazz Surratt or RB Javonte Williams.
      Last edited by Boltnut; 01-04-2021, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
        Well...last years version was put out on Christmas, so why not? Way early, and I'll have a million versions, like everyone else, before all is said and done.

There are a number of ways to predict as well...there is what I would like, what the Chargers should do, what the Chargers will actually do...

For now, I'm putting down my personal wish list, though trying for some amount of realism.

I don't think it's official yet, but pretty much everyone expects we will be awarded a 3rd round comp, so I would encourage anyone offering up a mock to include that.

1. Gregory Rousseau Edge- OT is our biggest need, but not by much. Joey needs help, and this kid will be perfect developing his huge upside in our rotation next season...and I got a plan for OT...

2. Rashawn Slater OT/OG- Some draft sites and gurus are high on this kid, but he is a tweener...and they typically fall. Hopefully our staff takes advantage of this, and steals him in the second.

3a. Walker Little OT- Little college tape, and he hasn't played in 2 years...I think he falls through the cracks to the third, netting us another steal.

3b. Tyson Campbell CB- I think Hayward is back, but he needs an understudy, and we need an upgrade to ST talent.

Argument-

Some might think Rousseau will be gone, but I think he may actually fall...he has huge upside, but still raw, and he didn't play this year. If we go 4-3 next year, he will be great in a rotation with Bosa and Tillery. With Penei gone, I think it likely we go defense, because I believe we will be able to still nab some good oline prospects in the second and third...at least in my version of events, lol...

Two tackles? Yep...I could care less if I ever see Pipkins again...as much as I like Slater, his lack of length may make him better suited at OG, where I think he begins...but also possibly succeeding Bulaga at RT after another year. So have him compete for RG or send Trai packing, and just insert him there, and let Little battle it out with Tevi. (Hopefully Little has spent the last 2 years working his ass off) Tevi I see becoming our swing tackle...
        It's also possible Slater competes for and wins LT outright and thrives there...then Little can understudy RT, and Tevi is still our swing tackle. In the end, the overall quality of our OTs goes up, and we can kick Bulaga down the road in the near future.

Campbell is a nice addition of youth and talent to our secondary, and to our special teams corps.

So yea...this prediction is only worth the 5 minutes it took for me to type it up...really have no clue where guys are gonna fall, and won't until after the combine...if then.... Just having fun here, folks....so have at it.
        Rousseau may or may not but i dont think Slater will be there at 40. Dont think he gets out of the first round.
        I dont know if we will have a combine or not but things will change and Slater will show his quick feet that im sure they already know about.
        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
        181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
        225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Oklahoma
          • Send PM

First 3 rounds version 1.0

1. Rashan Slater OG- best OL player available. If not I go Darrisaw and guard in round 3
          2. Leatherwood/Mayfield/Little OT- Round 2 looks like the sweet spot for OT to me. Think one of the 3 will be there.
          3. Sage Surratt WR- Mike Williams released/traded unless he signs a team friendly extension. This frees up much needed $ for free agency O Line and corner.
          3. Elijah Molden/Paulson Adebo CB- One of Heyward/Harris has to go or restructure and Davis gets resigned.

Note: No DE because I like the idea of Tillery and Nwosu on the other side of Bosa. Tillery starts in base and moves inside on sub packages. If it shakes out like this and the new center is signed in FA I'm leaning DT in round 4

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Nice... you and I have a lot of the same names/rounds. Solid strategy. The only one I'm not on board with is Tillery at DE. I think DE in the 3rd is where I would go.

Comment

• chargerkdb
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Hotter than hell, Georgia
              • Send PM

1 Darrisaw
              2 Freiermuth
              3a Paris Ford
              3b Carlos “Boogie” Basham

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Ojulari.
                Tufele.
                Long.
                Christensen.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

So is it the greatest Oline evah we need,
                  or is it a functioning Oline that gets Herbert enough time to carve ?

Asking Burt O'Neal and everyone else who's got it backwards.

:lol:

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Ive heard Ojulari is fools gold.That good tackles like Leatherwood own em.Not claiming to be a draft genius by any means tho.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                      Ive heard Ojulari is fools gold.That good tackles like Leatherwood own em.Not claiming to be a draft genius by any means tho.
                      I can think of a few 3rd round Edge rushers better than Ojulari. You're right Leatherwood owned him... and even I now realize Leatherwood is a 2nd rounder (rushing off to edit my mock).

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I can think of a few 3rd round Edge rushers better than Ojulari. You're right Leatherwood owned him... and even I now realize Leatherwood is a 2nd rounder (rushing off to edit my mock).
                        Google "Peach Bowl Highlights."

:shock:

Comment

Working...
                        X