• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Leatherwood is a late round one prospect based mostly on traits. Duke Manyweather likes him. There's that.

However, Leatherwood is wildly inconsistent...still. How the hell is this kind of a rookie supposed to be of any use to Herbert ?

Your Nutty comments about Ojulari are comically lazy. I can think of a few 3rd round OTs just as useful as Leatherwood...or Tevi. Wheeler or Christensen or the 400 pounder are better value. No mention whatsoever of these prospects from those who proudly call themselves Trenchers.

ATM I want an ass kicking front four and a functioning Oline. I will eventually provide more detail about why I like Ojulari/Tufele 1-2.
    The LBs and the DBs, even if only those who are currently under contract, will perform better.

This is the working model that got SF within a whisker of a SB win over our AFCW rivals, KC. We'll just see how good of a run WFT has over the next few weeks. Then it's on to Mobile and Indy, where we all can become much better informed.

BTW 3 sacks and a Safety for Ojulari in the Peach Bowl...game winning plays...he is ascending. Everyone, watch some Tufele tape also.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Google "Peach Bowl Highlights."

:shock:
      Nein! Der Duetsche ist kein Futballspieler...
      Azeez needs some of Mama Dentz's struedel to play the NFL DE position. I see a 3-4 OLB.

You are right about Leatherwood... late 2nd round or early 3rd round. OT in the 2nd round (Radunz or Carman).

Stone Forsythe had a good year. Erik Swenson is my sleeper.
      Last edited by Boltnut; 01-05-2021, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• JOJAX85
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Irmo, SC
        • Send PM

Seems like a lot of OL after Sewell are neck & neck. I'd ask questions in interviews to figure out how important football actually is to them. "What are you going to do with your first paycheck?". "How much do you love football?". If the answers are anything other than "Buy Mama a house." & "I'd play for free". Go to the next guy.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Nein! Der Duetsche ist kein Futballspieler...
          Azeez needs some of Mama Dentz's struedel to play the NFL DE position. I see a 3-4 OLB. Ojulari has deceptively good strength to set the EDGE.

You are right about Leatherwood... late 2nd round or early 3rd round. OT in the 2nd round (Radunz or Carman).

Stone Forsythe had a good year. Erik Swenson is my sleeper. Pipkins is not losing any sleep over these competitors on our depth chart.
          See comments.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

1. Farley-CB
            2. Harris-RB
            2. Basham-DE

how did I get two 2s. Traded the 3rd and the comp to move up into rd 2 Telesco draft style

Don't worry about oline. Cut Turner and throw all the Free Agency money at Linsley-OC, Thuney-LG, Scherff-RG. Tevi is developing..had his best season. Even if it was just avg. He still has lots of upside. Just the one full year at LT in NFL. Resign Tevi.
            cut or trade Turner. Mike Williams trade or cut Too much injury prone and too much a body catcher who drop rate is a bit high. Replace with 2 veteran WRs. The 2021 free agency has plenty of vets to chose from. Trade or cut Hayward, need money for oline.

This is your starting 2021 offense
            Tevi, Thuney, Linsley, Scherff, Bulaga
            Allen, Henry, vet WR, Ekeler, Harris
            Herbert
            Put all your player makers on field.
            Both Ekeler and Harris can run routes and catch.
            both are big time tackle breakers. So you get a lot more yards than just what was blocked well. Redzone TDs are almost automatic.

Starting 2021 defense
            Bosa, Joseph, Jones, Basham
            Murray, Tranquill, White
            Farley, Davis, Jenkins, James
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Critty,

If Chargers could sign Thuney, Linsley, and Scherff... that would be a coup. I've worked the numbers... I don't think it's possible... even cutting MW, Turner, Hayward, and Harris. Too many roster spots to fill (20). Some will have to be mid-level salary signs and unproven cheap signings.

I have thought long and hard about Farley in the 1st (may not even be there) and Najee in the 2nd (again, may not be there). Both of those players would get the Nutty OK.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Critty,

If Chargers could sign Thuney, Linsley, and Scherff... that would be a coup. I've worked the numbers... I don't think it's possible... even cutting MW, Turner, Hayward, and Harris. Too many roster spots to fill (20). Some will have to be mid-level salary signs and unproven cheap signings.

I have thought long and hard about Farley in the 1st (may not even be there) and Najee in the 2nd (again, may not be there). Both of those players would get the Nutty OK.
                I don't know why we would want to cut Turner and sign Scherff anyways. Tuner is 27, has missed 18 games in one more season than Scherff who has missed 19 and is 29.

5 time probowler. Why can't we just extend him two or three years to lower his cap number?

Trading two picks? Nope.
                11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't know why we would want to cut Turner and sign Scherff anyways. Tuner is 27, has missed 18 games in one more season than Scherff who has missed 19 and is 29.

5 time probowler. Why can't we just extend him two or three years to lower his cap number?

Trading two picks? Nope.
                  Comparing their on field play over the past 3 seasons. Brandon has really out played Trai. Both have some injury issues. I don’t want either.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Trading two picks? Nope.
                    Over past 2 seasons Turner has 22 starts. Scherff has 24 starts.

Scherff just turned 29 in Dec. Turner will turn 28 in June. 18 month difference in age.

I want Scherff because he is much better player at both run and pass blocking. He rated in top 10 in both this season.
                    ​​​
                    Scherff played 100% of snaps is 10 of his 13 starts.

Turner played in 100% of snaps in 4 of 9 starts.

Neither has started all 16 in 5 years.

Turner finished this season with 8 straight starts.
                    Scherff 10 straight starts

If I'm paying a RG. Then I'd much rather pay Scherff.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Comparing their on field play over the past 3 seasons. Brandon has really out played Trai. Both have some injury issues. I don’t want either.
                      Yeah, both seem a bit over-priced. I'd be cool with signing Linsley for good money... but that would be my only big-money FA signing. HH and Davis need to be re-signed... that may cost us $17 million right there. OG Ethan Pocic would be my target. Young, improving, and shouldn't break the bank ($5 mil).

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        So is it the greatest Oline evah we need,
                        or is it a functioning Oline that gets Herbert enough time to carve ?

Asking Burt O'Neal and everyone else who's got it backwards.

:lol:
                        Great question. I admit I get nervous at the thought of having the same o-line group protecting our best asset for next year. BUT if we focus on d-line help early in the draft wouldn't that take some pressure off Herbert to do too much. At least if we draft the right d-linemen that can contribute right away. Is that doable for us?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Yeah, both seem a bit over-priced. I'd be cool with signing Linsley for good money... but that would be my only big-money FA signing. HH and Davis need to be re-signed... that may cost us $17 million right there. OG Ethan Pocic would be my target. Young, improving, and shouldn't break the bank ($5 mil).
                          We see things pretty close. Different targets but same ideal framework.
                          I think your FA contract $ are on the low side but I hope you’re right.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X