Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

I wonder if, due to covid protocols, there will be any one-on-ones at the Senior Bowl in Mobile. Talent evaluation this year is shaping up to potentially be the most difficult ever. Although always true, this year in particular careers could be made and franchises built on shrewd evaluation.
    My hope is they test the players, then do the whole thing in a bubble...should be relatively easy, with just 2 squads, 1 week of practice, and 1 game. Player breaks the bubble, they gone...incentive enough to keep things on track, I think.
    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• JOJAX85
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Irmo, SC
      • Send PM

Another hypothetical. Let's say the top OL & Edge are gone & Pitts is still on the board. Do you go with the #2 OL or Edge or am I just a big kid enamored by the shiny new package & flashing lights? I think most of us agree Mike Williams is gone & I think Pitts would be a matchup nightmare if we re-sign Henry.

Boring time right now being eliminated. Just thinking out loud.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
        Another hypothetical. Let's say the top OL & Edge are gone & Pitts is still on the board. Do you go with the #2 OL or Edge or am I just a big kid enamored by the shiny new package & flashing lights? I think most of us agree Mike Williams is gone & I think Pitts would be a matchup nightmare if we re-sign Henry.

Every mock I have done this week has had Pitts sitting there saying "DRAFT ME", so I have. Earlier in the week I was getting Leatherwood in the second rather consistently, but he has been gone as of late. There have been other OT's at 2 so it will come down to exactly where we end up and then the Senior Bowl and combine. At this point Walker Little scares the crap out of me 2 years removed. He is either a big score in the 3rd or I am a pass. Such a boom or bust guy.........Speaking of boom/bust....what do you think of Faalele maybe late 3???

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

K. Pitts could be BPA when we draft.
          It will depend on the cluster of prospects available but if Pitts is one of them, he’ll be in the cluster.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Every mock I have done this week has had Pitts sitting there saying "DRAFT ME", so I have. Earlier in the week I was getting Leatherwood in the second rather consistently, but he has been gone as of late. There have been other OT's at 2 so it will come down to exactly where we end up and then the Senior Bowl and combine. At this point Walker Little scares the crap out of me 2 years removed. He is either a big score in the 3rd or I am a pass. Such a boom or bust guy.........Speaking of boom/bust....what do you think of Faalele maybe late 3???
            Yep those simulators rankings aren't that great right now. One of them hasn't been updated in a year it seems with how low some guys are ranked.

Some players are missing as well.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yep those simulators rankings aren't that great right now. One of them hasn't been updated in a year it seems with how low some guys are ranked.

Some players are missing as well.
              They sure are fun though....I did one a week or so ago, when we were picking 9th? Parsons, Slater, Asante Samuel jr., Josh Meyers, Jabril Cox, RB Sermon from the buckeyes, and LoNeal Jr. in the 6th....cuz it's LoNeal's kid, ya know? I think there were a couple more, I can't remember...but what a haul!

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

They sure are fun though....I did one a week or so ago, when we were picking 9th? Parsons, Slater, Asante Samuel jr., Josh Meyers, Jabril Cox, RB Sermon from the buckeyes, and LoNeal Jr. in the 6th....cuz it's LoNeal's kid, ya know? I think there were a couple more, I can't remember...but what a haul!
                Yes they are fun, i just dont get to amped from them lol. I did t same thing and had a nice haul as well trading down but , yeah.....the rankings need to be updated.

As for Neal Jr, ....i wasnt that impressed with him and actually liked Cortez Broughton a lot more as a college player. I dont see Lo Neal jr as a NT either, although thats where Square is on the depth chart lol. Maybe to replace him, i dont know.
                Now with 2 years under his belt, id like to see what Broughton can do but Tillery and his first round status is in the way.

Maybe we should think about trading him for a pick. 2nd rounder perhaps. He dont start over Jones and he isnt the answer at DE.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Send PM

Back on topic....evaluating and ranking prospective oline in the draft....

Alijah Vera-Tucker OG- I got a lot to say about this kid after doing some more film work....but let's start from the beginning...Absolutely love this kid, and had him as my #3 offensive lineman in the draft, regardless of position, behind Sewell and Slater. Motor is great on this kid...he goes after every block like he has an axe to grind, and you can't teach that. Great at LG last year, he moved out to LT, and seemed to be holding up quite well, which I thought lent him versatility. Bottom line, loved the prospect, and might have had him at the bottom of my first round cluster....until the PAC 12 championship.

It is just one game, but AVT got exposed at LT in this game. He went after every target like the guy stole his sister's virtue, and it cost him several blocks. In the run game he was either chewing a guy to pieces, or tasting nothing but air...it was very undisciplined. In the pass game, instead of landing his initial punch with his upper body while anchoring, kick sliding, and resetting with his lower body...he kept putting his whole body behind the contact...which made him an easy target for hand swipes, swim moves, and counters....several times. It was bad at times...compared to some of his previous tape, it almost seemed like he was trying too hard? Maybe auditioning, and kinda blew it? Whatever the reason, it was an ugly performance, from a technical stand point.

So...in summary, I still really like this kid. I think you replace Lamp with him without blinking an eye...but I wouldn't consider him in the first, or try to hop up for him in the late 1st/early 2nd. Also, I think I'm convinced he is a OG in the pros...so I would still consider spending our second on him...but not as readily as before....depends on what other prospects are there.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

I wish I could say that I like what I am seeing... but I can't.
                    Leatherwood vs Georgia
                    Cosmi vs Oklahoma
                    It's nothing special
                    OT in the 2nd or 3rd...?

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                      Pretty much retired......
                      • Sep 2018
                      • JoJa
                      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                      • Send PM

Prolly not the best place but I will ask anyway. Do we have a potential FA topic anywhere? I have seen some say that they would go FA here and FA there. I just googled 2021 NFL FA's and the list on Spotrac was slim pickens for OL........

Am I missing it???

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                        Prolly not the best place but I will ask anyway. Do we have a potential FA topic anywhere? I have seen some say that they would go FA here and FA there. I just googled 2021 NFL FA's and the list on Spotrac was slim pickens for OL........

Am I missing it???
                        I think it gets talked about in roster build thread...I'm sure once the season is over, a dedicated FA thread will show up on the main board

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                          I wish I could say that I like what I am seeing... but I can't.
                          Leatherwood vs Georgia
                          Cosmi vs Oklahoma
                          It's nothing special
                          OT in the 2nd or 3rd...?
                          Cosmi is a project not a finished product.
                          Leatherwood is an OG and maybe ORT.

If I can get Walker Little in round 2 instead of 1, it is the steal of the draft.
                          I love Alaric Jackson, Myron Cunningham, Erik Swenson as college OLTs who should slide into dominate OGs early in careers and maybe ORTs after a couple of seasons.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X