• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Our entire O-line has major issues, but the interior is more problematic. Lamp, Feeney, Toner are all garbage, and it shows in the run game even more than pass protection. Trai Turner isn't much better and he's first on the chopping block because of the 11.5 mil we'd save.

That being said, I'd be thrilled to see TT spend our 1st rounder on a dominant guard. I love Slater and Vera-Tucker for their flexibility to play either guard or tackle. And yes, AVT got exposed by Kayvon Thibodeoux in the PAC-12 championship at LT, but Thibodeoux's an elite edge rusher and would be a 1st rounder if he could come out this year. AVT's optimal position in the NFL is guard, but he can get you out of a game at OT if you really need it.

I like Wyatt Davis a lot too. RG is his natural spot, plus he's athletic enough to play in a zone blocking scheme. He'd be an immediate upgrade to the vacancy left by Trai Turner on the right side.

I also like Leatherwood, but as a guard. Sure he plays with a nastiness and what not, but nastiness without technique won't cut it in the NFL. Not at the OT position. He's a 2-3rd rounder IMO.

As far as the tackle position goes, we can find a 2-3 rounder like Teven Jenkins, Walker Little, Liam Eichenberg, Larry Borom (though Borom looks more like a guard to me).
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Walker Little is old news...and thats what I am counting on...had his career not been upended by injury and Covid, he was on course to be a top ten pick....could be a nice steal in the 2nd or 3rd, hopefully by us!
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
        Walker Little is old news...and thats what I am counting on...had his career not been upended by injury and Covid, he was on course to be a top ten pick....could be a nice steal in the 2nd or 3rd, hopefully by us!
        Spot on.
        I have him as my second round steal and is a top 15 prospect on my OMB.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
          Our entire O-line has major issues, but the interior is more problematic. Lamp, Feeney, Toner are all garbage, and it shows in the run game even more than pass protection. Trai Turner isn't much better and he's first on the chopping block because of the 11.5 mil we'd save.

That being said, I'd be thrilled to see TT spend our 1st rounder on a dominant guard. I love Slater and Vera-Tucker for their flexibility to play either guard or tackle. And yes, AVT got exposed by Kayvon Thibodeoux in the PAC-12 championship at LT, but Thibodeoux's an elite edge rusher and would be a 1st rounder if he could come out this year. AVT's optimal position in the NFL is guard, but he can get you out of a game at OT if you really need it.

I like Wyatt Davis a lot too. RG is his natural spot, plus he's athletic enough to play in a zone blocking scheme. He'd be an immediate upgrade to the vacancy left by Trai Turner on the right side.

I also like Leatherwood, but as a guard. Sure he plays with a nastiness and what not, but nastiness without technique won't cut it in the NFL. Not at the OT position. He's a 2-3rd rounder IMO.

As far as the tackle position goes, we can find a 2-3 rounder like Teven Jenkins, Walker Little, Liam Eichenberg, Larry Borom (though Borom looks more like a guard to me).
          Lots of good stuff in here. Excellent scouting eye.

Thibodeoux is going to be a top 5 pick in 2022.

Borom has some pretty good feet and I agree that is best position, early on in his career, is at OG.
          T. Jenkins is solid if unspectacular.
          Eichenberg is technically near perfect but only moderate athleticism.

Walker Little is a beast and should be 100% healed from his ACL.
          * He is from Houston, TX so Topkitty will love the natural fit of Walker “Texas Ranger” Little.

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Send PM

Good take...AVT is a favorite...then I was a little put out by that game...good to now know he didnt struggle against just anybody.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Lots of good stuff in here. Excellent scouting eye.

Thibodeoux is going to be a top 5 pick in 2022.

Borom has some pretty good feet and I agree that is best position, early on in his career, is at OG.
              T. Jenkins is solid if unspectacular.
              Eichenberg is technically near perfect but only moderate athleticism.

Walker Little is a beast and should be 100% healed from his ACL.
              * He is from Houston, TX so Topkitty will love the natural fit of Walker “Texas Ranger” Little.
              Thanks! Watched all the Oklahoma State games this year scouting Jenkins (thanks YouTubeTV). What he did against Joseph Ossai in the Texas game was extremely impressive. Jenkins is more than solid IMO, and could be an immediate RT in the NFL. Way more athletic than Larry Borom, who seems to whiff a lot in space and looks lost on 2nd level assignments.

Walker Little has a lot to prove at the combine, but if he shows that the agility is still there, he could rocket into the late 1st/early 2nd round.

Faalele is another intriguing prospect who could improve his stock at the combine -- a la Mekhi Becton (not saying Faalele is a 1st rounder, just saying he could improve his stock). But I just don't see it on tape. Faalele looks way too raw and glacially slow.

Critics keep saying Eichenberg lacks agility. Maybe, but his tape against high level edge rushers looks great. That's what excellent technique can do.

Darrisaw looks like a lock. Don't see many weaknesses in his game. And if we go OT in the first round, I hope it's either him or Slater -- not Cosmi or Leatherwood.

Cosmi looks weak, like a bull rusher's wet dream. Leatherwood is a guard who will probably be bitter about not playing OT in the NFL.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Good take...AVT is a favorite...then I was a little put out by that game...good to now know he didnt struggle against just anybody.
                It wasn't just Thibodeaux, Oregon's entire defense was on fire that game. They came in with an excellent game-plan, and executed nicely.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Thanks! Watched all the Oklahoma State games this year scouting Jenkins (thanks YouTubeTV). What he did against Joseph Ossai in the Texas game was extremely impressive. Jenkins is more than solid IMO, and could be an immediate RT in the NFL. Way more athletic than Larry Borom, who seems to whiff a lot in space and looks lost on 2nd level assignments.

Walker Little has a lot to prove at the combine, but if he shows that the agility is still there, he could rocket into the late 1st/early 2nd round.

Faalele is another intriguing prospect who could improve his stock at the combine -- a la Mekhi Becton (not saying Faalele is a 1st rounder, just saying he could improve his stock). But I just don't see it on tape. Faalele looks way too raw and glacially slow.

Critics keep saying Eichenberg lacks agility. Maybe, but his tape against high level edge rushers looks great. That's what excellent technique can do.

Darrisaw looks like a lock. Don't see many weaknesses in his game. And if we go OT in the first round, I hope it's either him or Slater -- not Cosmi or Leatherwood.

Cosmi looks weak, like a bull rusher's wet dream. Leatherwood is a guard who will probably be bitter about not playing OT in the NFL.
                  I haven’t seen anywhere that Faalele is coming out. His best option is to return to UMN, play a full HEALTHY season, dominate, and show more with his footwork/kickslide/inside power step.

Cosmi is a project not a finished product. Is a day 2 prospect OMB.

Leatherwood is a OG for me.

Darrisaw is a bit lazy, doesn’t always look for work, and needs to get stronger/improve grip strength but fantastic feet/length/positional blocking skills/& stunt reco
                  Last edited by like54ninjas; 01-07-2021, 02:24 PM.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I haven’t seen anywhere that Faalele is coming out. His best option is to return to UMN, play a full HEALTHY season, dominate, and show more with his footwork/kickslide/inside power step.

Cosmi is a project not a finished project day 2 prospect OMB.

Leatherwood is a OG for me.

Darrisaw is a bit lazy, doesn’t always look for work, and needs to get stronger/improve grip strength but fantastic feet/length/positional blocking skills/& stunt reco
                    Couldn't agree more on Faalele. Seems like a good story and (selfishly) I'm eager to watch a 6'9 400 pounder play effective football.

Agree on Cosmi. He needs to get stronger.

Agree on Leatherwood.

I didn't see the laziness when it comes to Darrisaw. Could very well have missed it tho. Absolutely loved his game vs Miami. Thought he proved a lot.

An interesting project prospect IMO is Spencer Brown. Haven't seen much tape, but his measurables are insane (6'9, 320lbs, bench presses 500lbs?!). Apparently he moves well, too. Brown's a Senior Bowl invitee and I'll be watching very closely. A little gun-shy with Div. II prospects though, especially at OT. Still feeling the sting from reaching for Pipkins in the 3rd.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Send PM

Good stuff. Me and Ninja eye to eye on Darrisaw...doesnt play to whistle...pet peeve of mine. Maybe if Faalele gets down 40 pounds to Bectons 360, he can move better dominate big 10 next year...we will see. Too raw.....and "I like Eich"....

See what I did there...

I wanna see how Little works out as well...just dont want everybody else to...lol. If he has been working hard all this time, he should show out big..

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Couldn't agree more on Faalele. Seems like a good story and (selfishly) I'm eager to watch a 6'9 400 pounder play effective football.

Agree on Cosmi. He needs to get stronger.

Agree on Leatherwood.

I didn't see the laziness when it comes to Darrisaw. Could very well have missed it tho. Absolutely loved his game vs Miami. Thought he proved a lot.

An interesting project prospect IMO is Spencer Brown. Haven't seen much tape, but his measurables are insane (6'9, 320lbs, bench presses 500lbs?!). Apparently he moves well, too. Brown's a Senior Bowl invitee and I'll be watching very closely. A little gun-shy with Div. II prospects though, especially at OT. Still feeling the sting from reaching for Pipkins in the 3rd.
                        Brown is a former TE. He is pretty athletic with really good feet. He dominates on down blocks and at the second level. Has obvious length for days that let him negate a defenders effectiveness which allows him to control reps early and protect the arc.
                        Lack of lower body strength and his height make him susceptible to bull rushers but with more power in his punch/girth in his anchor he could be an early starter.

Jason Ball - OT - MARSHALL - 6’8” / 315#
                        Another big tall prospect with solid athleticism. FSU recruit before transferring.

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Good stuff. Me and Ninja eye to eye on Darrisaw...doesnt play to whistle...pet peeve of mine. Maybe if Faalele gets down 40 pounds to Bectons 360, he can move better dominate big 10 next year...we will see. Too raw.....and "I like Eich"....

See what I did there...

I wanna see how Little works out as well...just dont want everybody else to...lol. If he has been working hard all this time, he should show out big..
                          I like Eich, too. But only in the 2nd round.

I would be ecstatic to grab AVT in the 1st and Eich in the 2nd.

My heart's set on Elijah Molden in the 3rd. And possibly the best defensive lineman available with the Rivers comp pick.

Comment

Working...
                          X