• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

That is the best blocking TE in college football Teagan Quitariano.
    Karlaftis is the real deal though.

Penning is a monster. He needs more reps against quality opposition but the tenacity and skillset are there. I still want to see him at the SeniorBowl but impressive dude.
    Get an idea of his opportunities and strengths.

Penning is a fantastic prospect. Always seeking work and has elite size/length. You can tell he’s an athlete. My only critique is that he seems a little off-balance at times, and other times he plays a little out of control, but those things are easily correctable.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

That is the best blocking TE in college football Teagan Quitariano.
      Karlaftis is the real deal though.

Penning is a monster. He needs more reps against quality opposition but the tenacity and skillset are there. I still want to see him at the SeniorBowl but impressive dude.
      Get an idea of his opportunities and strengths.

Penning is big, strong, and tenacious. But a bit lumbering and off-balance. Does he fit an outside zone system...?
      I'd rather have Abraham Lucas (Washington State) if we're looking at 3rd round OT's. Not as strong or as imposing... but better balance and body control. Better competition, too.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

This kid David Bell, the Purdue WR, is legit.

Kinda reminds me of KA in college. About the same size (6’2, 205), not a blazer (probably sub 4.5 though), but elite hands and has an excellent feel for the sideline and finding gaps in the secondary. Dude’s a crafty route runner, a well-rounded WR.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Kinda reminds me of KA in college. About the same size (6’2, 205), not a blazer (probably sub 4.5 though), but elite hands and has an excellent feel for the sideline and finding gaps in the secondary. Dude’s a crafty route runner, a well-rounded WR.
          how does he compare to Pickens, and.... will they both be available come late round 2 ??
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

how does he compare to Pickens, and.... will they both be available come late round 2 ??
            They’re completely different receivers.

Pickens hasn’t played this year but looked promising. Bell is less flashy but more refined and more complete. Bell’s probably a safer bet as a draft pick. Higher floor.

But Pickens’ athletic traits might give him the higher ceiling. We’ll have to see. He could be a Marvin Jones, but he could also be a Denzel Mims.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

David Bell is the real deal and multi year producer. Will be a top 50-75 prospect and rising.
              Romeo Doubs (WR) UNR is a fucking DUDE too. Doubs has the added value of being a PR @6’1’’+/200#. Had a 19 catch game this season.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Pickens will not come out this year.

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Penning is big, strong, and tenacious. But a bit lumbering and off-balance. Does he fit an outside zone system...?
                  I'd rather have Abraham Lucas (Washington State) if we're looking at 3rd round OT's. Not as strong or as imposing... but better balance and body control. Better competition, too.
                  Penning will probably go top 50. I still want to see him play in the SeniorBowl because of level of competition.
                  His physicality, motor, finisher’s mentality makes him special.
                  Trevor is a very good athlete, former basketball player, that needs to work on his core flexibility to maximize his other elite traits.

Abraham Lucas is a solid ORT prospect with a ton of starts.
                  Myron Cunningham, Obinna Eze, Carter Warren, and Rasheed Walker are other day 2 OT prospects I like for us.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Penning will probably go top 50. I still want to see him play in the SeniorBowl because of level of competition.
                    His physicality, motor, finisher’s mentality makes him special.
                    Trevor is a very good athlete, former basketball player, that needs to work on his core flexibility to maximize his other elite traits.

Abraham Lucas is a solid ORT prospect with a ton of starts.
                    Myron Cunningham, Obinna Eze, Carter Warren, and Rasheed Walker are other day 2 OT prospects I like for us.
                    I liked what I saw of Rasheed Walker in that Ohio State vs Penn State game. I thought he was better than Petit-Frere (who a lot of pundits have as their 3rd OT).
                    IMO, Neal and Cross are the 1st rounders... then a fall-off. 2nd or 3rd round RT this year...? I know that sounds like blasphemy, coming from me... but I'm probably leaning pass rusher or CB in the 1st/2nd round.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Of course, with all of this free agency money, I reserve the right to fantasize about buying some proven guards and move Feiler to RT... just to piss everyone off.

My Total Trencher Fantasy...

Sign Connor Williams (LG) and Wyatt Teller (RG). Move Feiler to RT.
                      Draft Abraham Lucas in the 3rd... Jarrett Patterson in the 5th.

LT Slater
                      LG Williams
                      OC Linsley
                      RG Teller
                      RT Feiler

Depth: Jaimes, Patterson, Lucas
                      All the rest get cut or compete for practice squad spots.

Along the defensive trenches...

Sign Sebastian Joseph-Day (NT/DT) and Austin Johnson (NT/DT) in free agency.
                      Re-sign Justin Jones.
                      Look for a 4-tech in the 4th round. Someone who can be part of a rotation. Good in the run game... adequate pass pressure. Maybe a Corey Durden, Devonte Wyatt, Phidarian Mathis, Jayden Peavey, or Otito Ogbonnia type of player (4th round seems to be the sweet spot for rotational 4-tech).

IDL: Sebastian Joseph-Day, Austin Johnson, Justin Jones, Jerry Tillery, Corey Durden.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                        Of course, with all of this free agency money, I reserve the right to fantasize about buying some proven guards and move Feiler to RT... just to piss everyone off.

My Total Trencher Fantasy...

Sign Connor Williams (LG) and Wyatt Teller (RG). Move Feiler to RT.
                        Draft Abraham Lucas in the 3rd... Jarrett Patterson in the 5th.

LT Slater
                        LG Williams
                        OC Linsley
                        RG Teller
                        RT Feiler

Depth: Jaimes, Patterson, Lucas
                        All the rest get cut or compete for practice squad spots.

Along the defensive trenches...

Sign Sebastian Joseph-Day (NT/DT) and Austin Johnson (NT/DT) in free agency.
                        Re-sign Justin Jones.
                        Look for a 4-tech in the 4th round. Someone who can be part of a rotation. Good in the run game... adequate pass pressure. Maybe a Corey Durden, Devonte Wyatt, Phidarian Mathis, Jayden Peavey, or Otito Ogbonnia type of player (4th round seems to be the sweet spot for rotational 4-tech).

IDL: Sebastian Joseph-Day, Austin Johnson, Justin Jones, Jerry Tillery, Corey Durden.
                        You have no one besides Slater that can/has played OLT.
                        You’ve spent $25M+ APY in signing those 2 OG.
                        Another $10M-$15M APY in IDL. (Far amount, I prefer other players).
                        Not a ton of Cap space left to sign our internal FAs.
                        Could be done but not the direction I would go. Teller is very tempting though.

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

You have no one besides Slater that can/has played OLT.
                          You’ve spent $25M+ APY in signing those 2 OG.
                          Another $10M-$15M APY in IDL. (Far amount, I prefer other players).
                          Not a ton of Cap space left to sign our internal FAs.
                          Could be done but not the direction I would go. Teller is very tempting though.
                          If Slater were to get hurt... you go back out and sign Storm off the street.
                          Using the Spotrac roster management, not only can you sign those FA's but you can re-sign 10-11 of your own FA's... and still have $40 million in cap space. Chargers have $79 million in cap space. If they cut Bulaga (almost certain) you have $90+million in space.

In fact, I've even signed Davante Adams as well... still had money.

Comment

Working...
                          X