• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

off topic, and.... we've got some work to do in FA.

when the really good RB comes on the market, when the really good wideout comes on the market, when the stellar DT comes on the market, when a solid starting vet corner comes on the market.... we need to have the monies available.... prolly for OT as well.

re: risers, ballers 'n sleepers.... we need to do work on day three and draft for depth @LB, IDL, RB and K/P.
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Good lord, Ikem. Baller category X100

Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I am curious about Ikem Ewonu, Kenyon Green and Darian Kinnard, all at ORT.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

There are several players that, if they fall to the Chargers draft slot, we have to take them. Guys like Karlaftis, Hutchinson, Cross, and Jordan Davis are on that list, but I’m beginning to think Ikem Ekwonu is too. Brugler has him at #5 overall on his new top 50 list, and he thinks Ekwonu is an NFL OT. I’ll rely to his expertise on this one, and if he’s right, I’d love to see Icky and Rashawn as bookends for the next decade. Can you say Cowboys mid-90s dynasty OL??

5. *Ikem Ekwonu, OT, NC State (6-4, 322)
          No, this isn’t too high for a player with Ekwonu’s explosive power. We knew he was an outstanding run blocker, but I have been blown away by his improvements in pass protection this season (see the Mississippi State tape). With his nimble feet and balanced movements, Ekwonu has not only boosted his draft stock, but he has also proven that he can play tackle and won’t have to move inside. No offensive lineman in this draft class has more upside than “Ickey.”

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Also, I’ve been frothing while imagining Karlaftis opposite Bosa, but it ain’t gonna happen. One of the reasons is the Greek freak’s power at the POA and how that would improve our run defense. But another player who has a similar frame and play style is Trevon Walker, who is much more likely to be available when the Chargers pick in R1. He must be considered. Here’s what Brugler had to say:

9. *Travon Walker, DL, Georgia (6-5, 275)
            Who will be the highest-drafted player next April from Georgia’s daunting defense? Jordan Davis? Nakobe Dean? Adam Anderson? Don’t be surprised if Walker takes home that distinction even though he doesn’t receive the same attention. The former five-star has the size, length and power of a traditional defensive end, but he has the fluid movement skills of a linebacker and continues to get better and better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Lock step BDude.
              "I concur."
              Ickey tho.
              Penning @ #8 overall.
              I can vouch for ninja touting him starting a long time ago.
              Last edited by wu-dai clan; 11-10-2021, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                Lock step BDude.
                "I concur."
                Ickey tho.
                Penning @ #8 overall.
                I can vouch for ninja touting him starting a long time ago.
                After what Spencer Brown is proving, it’s no longer a leap to assume that an OT from UNI is viable. I don’t know if he’s a top 10 prospect, though. There’s some really good upper end talent in this draft. It’s dripping with OT, CB, and EDGE.

If only the bounty was as sweet at DL, it would be everything we need. Given that, if Jordan Davis falls past 15, TT might wanna pull a fast one. But the real target is Sebastian Joseph Day in FA. The fact that it seems so obvious is concerning to me.

But then again, Cory Linsley was the obvious choice and we locked him down like a 13 year old daughter with a penchant for cherry lip gloss.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

I am itching to post my takes @ amateur GM.

Keep changing my mind--an indicator that it's not there yet.

Eg. What if K-9 explodes on the EDGE ?
                  ​​​​​
                  Try and guess which natural ORT falls to us...or which OLG-ORT...that would fit just fine either/or with Feiler.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    I am itching to post my takes @ amateur GM.

Keep changing my mind--an indicator that it's not there yet.

Eg. What if K-9 explodes on the EDGE ?
                    ​​​​​
                    Try and guess which natural ORT falls to us...or which OLG-ORT...that would fit just fine either/or with Feiler.
                    K-9 exploding at edge would be too good to be true. Unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibility. Maybe Staley, in his supreme wizardry, can invent a whole new edge hybrid position meticulously tailored to K-9’s abilities. That almost seems more likely.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Trevor Penning ladies and gentlemen..

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Trevor Penning ladies and gentlemen..
                        I think ninja hit a walk off grand slam. He touted Penning starting a couple years ago. I got the PMs to prove it.

The video does not lie. See Penning's stance. This man is a SUPERIOR athlete--one with a mean streak. He could very easily be gone before we draft. Him & Ickey. Beasts of the gridiron.
                        ​​​​​
                        ORT Likely our highest PON and selection of greatest impact. We see what Slater--Feiler--Linsley have going on, including effective, even devastating running blocking at times. Defenses won't be able to overload one side with, say Oday/Trevor on the right.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

LOL! OK... the more I see of Ikem and Trevor, the more I like them. I would still like to see Penning against better competition (Senior Bowl). I like how both of them are nasty run-blockers... we need that. Can they get outside in an outside zone blocking system...? With Adam Anderson's legal/personal problems, RT is probably my 1st round target. Crossing fingers for Cross.

2nd round looks ripe with CB's...

Are there 3rd round EDGES that can relieve the doubles that Joey gets...?

My other big question... Does Oday Aboushi recover and return to form...?

Comment

Working...
                          X