• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Watched his film and this guy is not elite. He's big and can lay on people at the college level. This will not happen in the NFL. If there is no footage on him going against elite talent This is like drafting a third rounder in the first round.

:facepalm1:
    A lot of concerns about Penning's lateral movement not being that good...I'm afraid a speed rusher with a good spin move might make Penning look like Storm Norton...hope the Bolts do their due diligence here...no time to be taking risks with a Sammy Small Schooler from Northern Iowa U beating up on football powerhouses like Sacramento State and Dixie State...

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Does it bother anyone that Penning is from Northern Iowa, a Sammy Small School? I'm still disappointed with Forrest Lamp, another highly touted OT from another Sammy Small school, Western Kentucky...
      Yes! His highlights tape is like watching the captain of the Titanic savagely lashing out at a frail cabin boy.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Yes! His highlights tape is like watching the captain of the Titanic savagely lashing out at a frail cabin boy.
        Wow that is...a visual!

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

He has thrived at LT, sammy small school and will thrive as a RT in the bigs. Has everything you look for on the right side, size, length, competitiveness and nastiness. Sure he’s going to be a flag magnet until he learns better technique and unleashes his aggression but honestly that’s exactly what the Bolts need. No injury history, looks like Bulaga on steroids in his prime.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Penning is the guy who’s gonna send all those AFCW pass rushers home battered and bruised.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              Penning is the guy who’s gonna send all those AFCW pass rushers home battered and bruised.
              Really? He won’t be grabbing at them as they spin by?

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Excellent Titanic simile! But what if that frail cabin boy is so nimble he puts a spin move on the Captain?

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

And THIS is one of the big knocks on Penning...that he's a bit flat-footed in pass pro...and mind u, this was playing in a Sammy Small School vs. powerhouses like Sacramento State and Dixie State...

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Just a little offensive draft. Small move back with Pitt. They called and said they wanted to get ahead of the Saints. lol

And as always...they rank em i draft em.

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 8.00.41 PM.png

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

No, he’ll be the one throwing them to the ground and slamming on top of them with ill intention.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

I’m at the point if they could trade back to the very back end of the 1st. I would take Abe Lucas from the 29th to the 32nd pick. Even drop back to the 33rd pick. Mark it, Abe Lucas will be the best RT that comes out of the draft this year. He is a true RT! Getting extra picks in the 3rd and 4th round this year, will be great for the positions the Chargers need.

Resign Aboushi, and have him battle it out with Jaimes, draft Cam Jurgens and Nick Ford in the 5th and 6th rounds and you have your future IOL set, or at least great depth for years to come.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

017) WR Chris Olave * my first choice here is Garrett Wilson, and would be ok/excited a bit w/Jameson Williams, albeit just think that Olave checks alotta boxes, and I don’t underestimate his interest in playing for the Chargers, if still the case…. dude is from Diego/San Ysidro

048) ED Khalil Mack * gotta give team Tommy John some credit on this one, for @the very least not overriding BS if he was the captain of this ship…. personally am uneasy w/the trade, as think he’s only compounding his mistake of having overdrafted Nwosu, and now doubling down w/an injury concern, and not to mention that would rather take the money and Zion Johnson @48, and then again…. and after the fact, cannot but be excited for things and hoping for the best

079) NT John Ridgeway * my guy is Cade Otton, but NTs are just not that easy to find, and if BS means what he says, and says what he means, then a LOS team, that is intent on revamping its Dline, cannot stop w/a single NT in FA…. we need waves of pressure coming from our defensive interior…. SB football

123) P Matt Araiza * still a Josh Jobe guy here, and this is JoJo Domann country/territory as well, and personally…. not so sure this isn’t a round too late for this guy…. also would think it Likely that we might go TE here, or RB (Rachaad White)

160) TE Greg Dulcich * major need here, and he’s a receiving TE, to complement McKitty, and hedge against the recovery of Donald

195) CB Mario Goodrich * the other guy that catches my eye here is Zonovan Knight, and not just as an RB, but for his kick return abilities

214) SS Dane Belton * drafting on intangibles here, albeit we def need some depth @safety

236) NT Noah Ellis * gonna double dip here, coz if this guy is any good, ‘tis good to be deep on the IDL

254) TE Grant Calcaterra * gonna replace Stephen Anderson here, altho there are a coupla IOL guys, Josh Sills and Dawson Deaton to note, and P Jake Camarda could be in play here as well

255) WR Justin Shorter * developmental guy behind MW, w/OT Vederian Lowe getting some love in some circles here

260) DT Demetrius Taylor * another IDL prospect that have had my eye on is Dion Novil

LB stays as is, albeit w/an eye out for 2023 there, RB needs to be in FA and sooner than later pls, Feiler is my RT, w/Jaimes winning the LG job, and Aboushi returns @RG (hey, I didn’t make the trade for Mack)

edit: Shorter, along w/another one of my guys, Ulysses Bently IV, both returned to school, so off the board and back to the drawing board there....
                          Last edited by beachcomber; 03-17-2022, 10:49 AM.
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X