• Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

[QUOTE=Topcat;n1333802]
    Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
    Trade up with Seattle. Use next years 2nd or whatever. But we move up in this mock for our bookend OT. And have one of the best pass pro lines in the league. The fact Staley even brought up Feiler being able to move to RT is odd to me.
    Is he lying tho? Perhaps, but I don’t understand why people think it’s so far fetched. IMO, finding a good guard is much easier than finding a good RT. Even after starting at LG for us all of last year, even after that, Matt Feiler still has more games played at RT in the NFL than at guard with an avg PFF grade 4 points higher (78 vs 74) than he graded out at guard for us. Why are folks so worried that the left side of the offensive line is going to disintegrate by replacing Feiler with another guard? Feiler is an average guard and a slightly above average right tackle, it makes sense cap wise, draft wise, experience wise, on and on and on…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

@ #123 I Mock

Kyren Williams RB Notre Dame
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        @ #123 I Mock

Kyren Williams RB Notre Dame
        I think I would go Pierre Strong Jr. over Williams.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

I think I would go Pierre Strong Jr. over Williams.

I wouldn't. Pierre imo won't be anything in the league to speak of. I also would rather have Ford or Zamir over Kyren
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-02-2022, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• electricgold
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I wouldn't. Pierre imo won't be anything in the league to speak of. But I also would much rather have Ford or Zamir over Kyren
            How do you know Pierre won't be anything in the league?

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Pierre has the higher ceiling for sure. Tested out like a mofo. Big step up in competition, does he possess mental aptitude to challenge himself through tough adjustment? Rountree/Kelly picks really against him, question Telesco and scouting dept. with RB talent evaluation? What makes Strong evaluation even harder is level of competition he faced, but he does stick out as NFL talent.
              Last edited by TexanBeerlover; 04-02-2022, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

If Chargers do trade back and return early/mid 2nd, wouldn’t mind Kenneth Walker III. Select Abraham Lucas, RT, then grab your RB2.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

How do you know he will?

It's just my opinion that he won't. As mentioned, from being a small school South Dakota Jackrabbit going to the NFL is a major jump.

Zach Zenner wasn't anything in the league after 3 straight 2000 yard seasons there. Strong does have more speed than Zenner but still if I'm drafting a RB, I'm looking elsewhere.

I mean sure what do you got to lose if you use a late round pick on him but we need a running back you can play as a rookie and succeed. I'm just more interested in a bigger program RB who balled than hoping a small school guy pans out because Kelly has not and Roundtree is still a big question mark.

Now I know Kelly comes from UCLA which is a bigger program but really he wasn't that impressive to me in college either.

Is Why I like Jerome Ford and Zamir White, Rashad White, and I'd be really happy to get Kenneth Walker or Breece Hall and I don't mind using a higher pick on them...... Though unless we trade down and get an extra pick, that won't happen.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-02-2022, 08:20 AM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

[QUOTE=Topcat;n1333802]
                    Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                    Trade up with Seattle. Use next years 2nd or whatever. But we move up in this mock for our bookend OT. And have one of the best pass pro lines in the league. The fact Staley even brought up Feiler being able to move to RT is odd to me.
                    You guys are falling for the linear “liars month” double bluff? You’re playing checkers and he’s playing .. uh …, Stratego or something more … uh … complicated. Yeah.

he throws out the quote, knowing you’ll translate into Not-Quote … thereby throwing the double whammy rammaroo reverse juju. He’s going for exactly what he says, knowing that nobody will see it coming!
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

How do you know he will?

It's just my opinion that he won't. As mentioned, from being a small school South Dakota Jackrabbit going to the NFL is a major jump.

Zach Zenner wasn't anything in the league after 3 straight 2000 yard seasons there. Strong does have more speed than Zenner but still if I'm drafting a RB, I'm looking elsewhere.

I mean sure what do you got to lose if you use a late round pick on him but we need a running back you can play as a rookie and succeed. I'm just more interested in a bigger program RB who balled than hoping a small school guy pans out because Kelly has not and Roundtree is still a big question mark.

Now I know Kelly comes from UCLA which is a bigger program but really he wasn't that impressive to me in college either.

Is Why I like Jerome Ford and Zamir White, Rashad White, and I'd be really happy to get Kenneth Walker or Breece Hall and I don't mind using a higher pick on them...... Though unless we trade down and get an extra pick, that won't happen.
                      I never said he would do well? In looking at what role he could fill this season I think he could be a good RB to complement EK. Even start if EK goes down.

Not saying Strong is the same however correct me if I am wrong would you say LT and Marshal Faulk would be considered RB's that came from small programs and become hall of famers? ? ?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

I never said he would do well? In looking at what role he could fill this season I think he could be a good RB to complement EK. Even start if EK goes down.

Not saying Strong is the same however correct me if I am wrong would you say LT and Marshal Faulk would be considered RB's that came from small programs and become hall of famers? ? ?

Let's not forget those guys were also top 5 picks and South Dakota is in a lot weaker conference than TCU and SDSU were in.

There are successes at running back that have been late round picks but they're few and far between. Like I said, Zenner tore up the conference SD is in to the tune of 3 straight 2000 yard seasons, I think he went undrafted and flamed out in the NFL.

Just my take on it and we need a better run attack. Not a hopefull run attack. Not saying that Strong will be a bust, I'm just a big skeptic for a position Staley.also said we need better production.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-02-2022, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

160. Matt Henningsen 5Tech Wisconson

195. Dohnovan West IOL Arizona State

214. Christopher Allen EDGE Alabama

236. Speedy Nailor WR/KR Michigan State

254. Jashaun Corbin RB/PR Florida State

255. Reed Blankenship S/ST Middle Tennessee

260. Greg Johnson S/ST USC
                          Last edited by wu-dai clan; 04-02-2022, 12:58 PM.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X