• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If he is coachable he can. Put on those baserunning gloves they use in MLB on him in practice and he cant grab anyone. Isnt worse than Pennings issue that will get flags lol.
    Yeah, I think it is coachable...much more so than other habits. Kenyon and Penning too are under my consideration.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Vegas having a lot of people coming in already for the draft.Would be nice to be there in person but, nope lol.

Im flying out tonight back to CA and back to the work grind. I may even miss half of the first round as i wont get back tomorrow til around 6 pm. Same as day 2. Sat ill likely miss all day 3.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Vegas having a lot of people coming in already for the draft.Would be nice to be there in person but, nope lol.

Im flying out tonight back to CA and back to the work grind. I may even miss half of the first round as i wont get back tomorrow til around 6 pm. Same as day 2. Sat ill likely miss all day 3.
        Draft is next week.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Draft is next week.
          I know but they are showing up already. They are having festivities prior to it like they do for the super bowls

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I know but they are showing up already. They are having festivities prior to it like they do for the super bowls
            Just confused why you mentioned tomorrow as your return. I haven't yet packed.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Just confused why you mentioned tomorrow as your return. I haven't yet packed.
              I'm going back to CA in the bay area tonight from NV. I won't be here for the draft.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

The Chargers have an opportunity to fortify one of the trenches at #17

Drafting to shore up the defensive trench would go a long way toward completing the job of Stench Removal from the 2021 defense.

And drafting to shore up the offensive trench would be an investment in Herb's health, and in BOTH phases of the offense.

Win - Win.

And it's why I'm hoping the pick at 17 isn't a wideout.
                Picking a flashy speed WR at 17 is the glitz move, the type of move Al Davis made every year he succumbed to functional football dementia and his team crumbled from contender to perennial cellar. We’d laugh every draft at his obscure speedster that flamed out in the first year.

Meanwhile the tried and true teams of yore that were still there every January were fortifying their foundation in the draft from the inside out and winning year after year as fall turned to winter. So I agree - finish a trench, then try another half dozen raw speed WRs later round or UDFA to find an uncut gem to polish. Because in the meantime they have WR’s to catch the ball, they need the trench filled to stop the rats from swarming the pantry.

Polishing uncut raw trenchers has only produced shiny turds for TT. Its a bad bet to hope that changes today imo.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Green reportedly demonstrated very nice agility at his pro day. It is reported that teams talked to him about playing G, while others talked tackle...so we arent crazy...though who knows what Stalesco sees.

So many options...
                  i haven’t seen much on green playing tackle, most of the online stuff focuses on his guard play which is fantastic. He has occassional lapses when he’s overaggressive snd misses blocks but for the most part he plays disciplined and wins in a variety of ways, power, agility, and technique. Green is a fantastic player, zion and green are they guys I’d love to see picked at 17, the way things are shaping up the chargers might have their pick of the two. Green actually has RT potential and johnson can play center.

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Picking a flashy speed WR at 17 is the glitz move, the type of move Al Davis made every year he succumbed to functional football dementia and his team crumbled from contender to perennial cellar. We’d laugh every draft at his obscure speedster that flamed out in the first year.

Meanwhile the tried and true teams of yore that were still there every January were fortifying their foundation in the draft from the inside out and winning year after year as fall turned to winter. So I agree - finish a trench, then try another half dozen raw speed WRs later round or UDFA to find an uncut gem to polish. Because in the meantime they have WR’s to catch the ball, they need the trench filled to stop the rats from swarming the pantry.

Polishing uncut raw trenchers has only produced shiny turds for TT. Its a bad bet to hope that changes today imo.
                    In the words of the great Pink Floyd:

"If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?"

First round WRs are pudding.
                    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

i haven’t seen much on green playing tackle, most of the online stuff focuses on his guard play which is fantastic. He has occassional lapses when he’s overaggressive snd misses blocks but for the most part he plays disciplined and wins in a variety of ways, power, agility, and technique. Green is a fantastic player, zion and green are they guys I’d love to see picked at 17, the way things are shaping up the chargers might have their pick of the two. Green actually has RT potential and johnson can play center.
                      Though it’s rarely mentioned in draft circles, I think Zion has more potential to play OT in the NFL than Green.

If you look at Zion’s athletic profile, his metrics are basically the same as Slater’s. Slater is an inch taller and runs a faster 40, but Zion’s arms are significantly longer.

All the other testing numbers are almost identical. And they’re both intelligent, good kids with ideal OL instincts.

Zion may not play RT in 2022, but he could easily develop into the future at that position.
                      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Though it’s rarely mentioned in draft circles, I think Zion has more potential to play OT in the NFL than Green.

If you look at Zion’s athletic profile, his metrics are basically the same as Slater’s. Slater is an inch taller and runs a faster 40, but Zion’s arms are significantly longer.

All the other testing numbers are almost identical. And they’re both intelligent, good kids with ideal OL instincts.

Zion may not play RT in 2022, but he could easily develop into the future at that position.
                        Ding Ding Ding....:nod:
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I’m convinced either one can lock down a starting guard position to start the season. And I’m talking above average play with pro bowl potential in year one from either guy. Slater—johnson/green—linsley—oday—feiler sounds like a pretty darn good offensive line. Not the best in the NFL by any stretch but certainly one of the best the chargers will have had in several decades. It could end up being slater—jaimes—linsley—jihnson/green—feiler too but I think the first one is netter and offers more quality depth. Hopefully when they resign oday they’ll consider bringing schofield back too. That would only leave back/up center to be found in the mid to late rounds

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X