• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    I'm feeling that TPB team is feeling pretty confident with Zion Johnson and/or Kenyon Green @LG. So, I'll start my latest mock draft there...

#17 LG Zion Johnson/Kenyon Green. This pick allows Matt Feiler to move to RT.
    #79 CB Marcus Jones. Projected as a slot CB, this allows ASJ to move outside and Michael Davis becomes #4 CB depth. Jones is a great returner, also.
    #123 S Verrone McKinley. I think getting a starting caliber safety is important. More importantly, it allows Staley to move Derwin into more playmaking positions on the field.
    #160 WR Danny Gray/Velus Jones. Here is the speed @WR that everyone wants. Both could be good returners also.
    #195 RB Ty Chandler. Value pick that allows us to move on from the ever-injured Justin Jackson. Fits the outside zone scheme... with speed to get outside.
    #214 C Luke Wattenberg. Has the athleticism that Ben Brown and James Empey don't quite have.
    #236 DE Esezi Otomewo. I hate drafting DE this late, but Otomewo offers versatility, size, length, and athleticism that is unique. Spells Bosa/Mack as run defender. Slips inside as pass rusher.
    #254 RB Abram Smith. Tough runner that would give Kelly/Roundtree competition. Showed well at the Senior Bowl.
    #255 P Ryan Stonehouse. Competition for training camp. Starter or PS.
    #260 TE Teagan Quitoriano. Probably the best blocking TE. Replaces Stephen Anderson... possibly Gabe Nabors.
    Would move McKinley up to #79 over Marcus Jones. He’s a fantastic young man, talented, confident, Duck and perfect fit in Staley’s defense.

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Just my opinion but i dont think we are after a DT early. We signed two and still have Tillery and some depth there. Couold be wrong but just how i see it.
      A fresh Tillery coming in for passing situations, not having to deal with the run as much, free to pin his ears back and get to the QB....that's a nice luxury to have.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

I'm feeling that TPB team is feeling pretty confident with Zion Johnson and/or Kenyon Green @LG. So, I'll start my latest mock draft there...

#17 LG Zion Johnson/Kenyon Green. This pick allows Matt Feiler to move to RT.
        #79 CB Marcus Jones. Projected as a slot CB, this allows ASJ to move outside and Michael Davis becomes #4 CB depth. Jones is a great returner, also.
        #123 S Verrone McKinley. I think getting a starting caliber safety is important. More importantly, it allows Staley to move Derwin into more playmaking positions on the field.
        #160 WR Danny Gray/Velus Jones. Here is the speed @WR that everyone wants. Both could be good returners also.
        #195 RB Ty Chandler. Value pick that allows us to move on from the ever-injured Justin Jackson. Fits the outside zone scheme... with speed to get outside.
        #214 C Luke Wattenberg. Has the athleticism that Ben Brown and James Empey don't quite have.
        #236 DE Esezi Otomewo. I hate drafting DE this late, but Otomewo offers versatility, size, length, and athleticism that is unique. Spells Bosa/Mack as run defender. Slips inside as pass rusher.
        #254 RB Abram Smith. Tough runner that would give Kelly/Roundtree competition. Showed well at the Senior Bowl.
        #255 P Ryan Stonehouse. Competition for training camp. Starter or PS.
        #260 TE Teagan Quitoriano. Probably the best blocking TE. Replaces Stephen Anderson... possibly Gabe Nabors.
        I like Marcus Jones and ive mocked him to us but not that early. He is small guy at 5'8", 174 lbs. Not ideal imo and at 79 there will be a as good or better and bigger CB there. I think 4th-5th round is more like it. He is another Fred Smoot body type who was a good CB but he was hurt often.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Just my opinion but i dont think we are after a DT early. We signed two and still have Tillery and some depth there. Couold be wrong but just how i see it.
          I agree. The NT/DT signings are a sign that they are going in a different direction in the early rounds.
          I do like some guys in later rounds that could help with situational depth.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

So why aren’t we drafting Travis Jones?
            Some people might think Jones would be a reach at #17, I’m not one of them. I have him ranked higher than davis, davis scares me a bit, I don’t think he has the work ethic jones does, if he did, with his measurable and RAS numbers he’d be a top 3 pick IMO.

Thing is tho, we have half an offensive line right now. Until that line is complete, I want to see them prioritize protecting our most important player, period. They really played with fire last year rolling the dice with bulaga and not bringing in insurance or moving Feiler over. I don’t need to see herbert getting beaten up like he did week 18, no more of that, please. And I don’t understand why ANY charger fan would be against drafting offensive linemen so Herbert can have the best possible chance at staying healthy. What’s the fugging point of drafting exciting WRs or any other “more exciting” position if herbert get’s burrowed next year?

As long as you give herbert a top ten offensive line and a legit RB to complement ekeler and a mid tier running attack, you can take away MWs and KA and herbert is STILL going to put up numbers with average run-of-the-mill WRs and TEs. He’s that type of QB, he’ll make average WRs and TEs look good…
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

The Chargers were not wrong often with their 1st pick since 2016.
              This is why TT would get picked right away if the Chargers fire him. First rule of being a GM, you have to hit doubles and triples, with occasional home run in round 1

league people look at TT’s resume and they don’t see second and third day frustration like we do. They see, bosa (solid triple), williams(double turning into triple), james(home run), herbert(grand slam), slater(home run), etc
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Some people might think Jones would be a reach at #17, I’m not one of them. I have him ranked higher than davis, davis scares me a bit, I don’t think he has the work ethic jones does, if he did, with his measurable and RAS numbers he’d be a top 3 pick IMO.

Thing is tho, we have half an offensive line right now. Until that line is complete, I want to see them prioritize protecting our most important player, period. They really played with fire last year rolling the dice with bulaga and not bringing in insurance or moving Feiler over. I don’t need to see herbert getting beaten up like he did week 18, no more of that, please. And I don’t understand why ANY charger fan would be against drafting offensive linemen so Herbert can have the best possible chance at staying healthy. What’s the fugging point of drafting exciting WRs or any other “more exciting” position if herbert get’s burrowed next year?

As long as you give herbert a top ten offensive line and a legit RB to complement ekeler and a mid tier running attack, you can take away MWs and KA and herbert is STILL going to put up numbers with average run-of-the-mill WRs and TEs. He’s that type of QB, he’ll make average WRs and TEs look good…
                I have seen a couple of impressive interviews with Davis...seems like a smart, mature kid, ready and willing to evolve his game... Of course, talk is cheap, but I gotta feeling about this kid...think with the right dline group, coaches and mentors to keep him focused, and of to the right start, he will have a very nice career...and that could be here. I do very much like Travis Jones as well.
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

This is why TT would get picked right away if the Chargers fire him. First rule of being a GM, you have to hit doubles and triples, with occasional home run in round 1

league people look at TT’s resume and they don’t see second and third day frustration like we do. They see, bosa (solid triple), williams(double turning into triple), james(home run), herbert(grand slam), slater(home run), etc
                  Williams is more like a single, with an advance to second on a fielder's choice...but then he stole 3rd last season..:More Q Please:

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

I agree. The NT/DT signings are a sign that they are going in a different direction in the early rounds.
                    I do like some guys in later rounds that could help with situational depth.
                    Just to name a few booker from standford, ridgeway from arkansas, ewazurike from iowa state, bonbongmia from ucla, ferrill from LSU, there is a lot to choose from in the mid to low rounds, no excuse for them not to improve that room in this draft…

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

I have tried to do a mock draft for my Sig but its tougher this year as our first pic can really be anything so im not set in stone with my pick here.
                      So i did this but then come to realise i wish we had another pick so im for trading down.

17 Nakobe Dean, Hybrid LB/S fast, smart sure tackler , can be moved around so Derwin can be moved around.

79 Abraham Lucas, RT, Nice feet and agile but not to be confused with Slaters swift feet. Think he can start early if not right away. If we dont move Fieler to RT this is my direction. If we plan to move him, then its a well kept secret and we go another direction.

123 Zamir White, RB, Tough runner inside and speed to run the outside zone 4.4 speed, good size. Shared load at Georgia because he had 2 knee injuries early in college but so did Frank Gore who played 16 NFL seasons. White is value here as if not for the knee injuries he could go a lot higher.

160 Mario Goodrich, CB Good speed, didnt start til senior year but will play a role with us til he developes further. Good run defender and tackler. Is a press and zone CB

214 James Mitchell, TE Takes the role that Anderson had with us with more upside.

236 Bo Melton, WR More speed and depth and is a return man which means he can get YAC. If we had an extra 3rd, id be going WR or CB sooner.

254 Jake Camarda, P competes with whoever we signed...forget his name lol but may not last this long

255 James Empey, OC Depth for OC

260 DJ Davidson, DT possible NT depth and certainly DT depth.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-15-2022, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Send PM

I have tried to do a mock draft for my Sig but its tougher this year as our first pic can really be anything so im not st in stone with my pick here.
                        So i did this but then come to realise i wish we had another pick so im for trading down.

17 Nakobe Dean, Hybrid LB/S fast, smart sure tackler , can be moved around so Derwin can be moved around.

79 Abraham Lucas, RT, Nice feet and agile but not to be confused with Slaters swift feet. Think he can start early if not right away. If we dont move Fieler to RT this is my direction. If we plan to move him, then its a well kept secret and we go another direction.

123 Zamir White, RB, Tough runner inside and speed to run the outside zone 4.4 speed, good size. Shared load at Georgia because he had 2 knee injuries early in college but so did Frank Gore who played 16 NFL seasons. White is value here as if not for the knee injuries he could go a lot higher.

160 Mario Goodrich, CB Good speed, didnt start til senior year but will play a role with us til he developes further. Good run defender and tackler. Is a press and zone CB

214 James Mitchell, TE Takes the role that Anderson had with us with more upside.

236 Bo Melton, WR More speed and depth and is a return man which means he can get YAC. If we had an extra 3rd, id be going WR or CB sooner.

254 Jake Camarda, P competes with whoever we signed...forget his name lol but may not last this long

255 James Empey, OC Depth for OC

260 DJ Davidson, DT possible NT depth
                        A linebacker? Really?

Well...if I can stump for a guard, who am I to throw stones?:whistlin:

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

A linebacker? Really?

Well...if I can stump for a guard, who am I to throw stones?:whistlin:
                          Lol, well ive said this a hundred times but nobody seems to read it. just looks at the player.

I dont look at Dean as just a LB. He can and likely do what he did at Gerogia and play other spots which i said in my explanation. You watch tape, have you seen Nakobe just play LB? Intangibles, Intangibles, Intangibles.

Here ill bold this part

You do realize they (Georgia) have 2 other LBs that are slated to be drafted within rounds 3 or 4 as well as Dean? So Dean was not just a LB. Other wise one of those guys wouldnt be playing much to be drafted.

Comment

Working...
                          X