• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

a starting shut down CB is more important than depth on the OL...... if we currently lined up our defense on the field there would be a big hole at one outside CB spot..... cause we have no one capable of starting in NFL.... Harris is the nickel ......too slow for outside anymore.....
    You are correct - at this point the team does need CB more than OL depth. Hoping the board falls the way it did for Slater in R2. But if the pick is OL - I won't be displeased. Just hoping the right player for the Staley scheme is there.

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
      Lots of talent still available at multiple positions. I'd be thrilled if the Chargers came out of tonight with an outside cornerback, a safety and an edge rusher.
      I wont be mad if we double dip. Don't even have to be round 2.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

a starting shut down CB is more important than depth on the OL...... if we currently lined up our defense on the field there would be a big hole at one outside CB spot..... cause we have no one capable of starting in NFL.... Harris is the nickel ......too slow for outside anymore.....
        Gotta agree here.

Harris is a liability on the outside. Not even sure I like him in the slot. Staley asks his slot defenders to do a ton of tackling, and I saw plenty of game tape of Harris avoiding contact. He’ll still be a serviceable nickel in 2021, but that position needs an upgrade soon.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

I think that an OL run is assured at the top of 2 as we have all of those shiny new QB's and they all need bodies to block for them. Jenkins, Humphery, Davis, Radunz, Mayfield, Eichenberg, Cosmi. Some or all by 47 at least. As discussed by others, this would leave a LOT of talent on the board.

Patience TT and let the board develop again. 3rd round could be as much of a goldmine, lets wait and pick a nugget.........twice........Oh the night beckons greatness!!!! (yeah, corny I know......)

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I was not suggesting that we draft a safety in the first round. The value was not there (as evidenced by the fact that not a single FS was drafted in round 1). What I have been highlighting is the total disconnect in the treatment of two players that essentially have performed at the same level since being drafted. One is deemed to be the cause of a huge hole at the starting position and the other is the head coach's kind of player.

I think it is a mistake to assume that either player will suddenly develop into a quality starter regardless of the scheme being used. The only scheme that makes me feel comfortable about either player is one in which they are on the bench. Their replacements need to be on the team now, this year.

The team and fans have focused a lot of attention at LT and CB1, but FS is just as big of a need. It is, in fact, the same need--no starting caliber player on the roster.
            Probably has everything to do with them as prospects and the circumstances that I already mentioned with Adderley. With that being said, they should draft another safety to be a starter especially since Staley likes his three safety looks.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Popper is the star of this show. He admitted he's NOT a Charger fan. He's a beat writer for the Chargers. It's not his job description to be a fan, it's to be an objective writer with insightful content and a feel for where the organization is going.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                Pretty much retired......
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                • Send PM

I spoke with my Raider bud late last night and he was literally speechless over Leatherwood. There were so many prospects that the Raiders could have picked rather than a guy ranked OT7 or so and projected to move to guard.

I almost felt sorry for him.........ALMOST!!!

With that bowl haircut owner, a clueless GM and a coach that has the second longest contract in Vegas next to Liberace.........you get what you get.........

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

thank you CxGal.... from Brugler's list,

Javonte
                  Rondale
                  Josh Myers
                  Daviyon
                  Hamsah
                  Trey Smith
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

What would it take to trade up to the top of the 2nd round to get Barmore?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        What would it take to trade up to the top of the 2nd round to get Barmore?
                        The Chargers 3rd round draft pick

If anything - I might be trading back today. I want more picks in R3 and R4

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

I’m not advocating for this (more of a PSA), but if we decide to trade up, here’s how the draft value chart applies:

#47 (430) + #77 (205)
                          = #33 (580 and some change)

#47 (430) + #97 (112)
                          = #36 (540)

#47 (430) + #118 (58)
                          = #41 (490)

#47 (430) + #159 (26.5)
                          = #44-45 (450-460)
                          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

Working...
                          X