• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Watching Boys Mafe for fast times and a huge 40.
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

I look at agility and jumps for OL. Don't give a shit how fast they run straight.

4 4.47 shuttles this year. Lucas, Diesch, Johnson, Tom. Riamann, Deaton, Strange close. Slater was 4.45.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          Welp, Hall may go first round. At least I doubt he is falling to us in round 2.

A value RB that may be flying under the radar is Zamir White. Ran faster than I was expecting and has some size we need. They didn't use him as much in the passing game as Cook but he can catch.

4th roundish. I wouldn't wait later than that.
          Early 2nd round is the farthest he'd drop. You could easily spot his break away speed on tape.

He'd certainly be a better choice at #17 than Melvin Gordon

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Root cause Trying to hurt people
            Solution Try to hurt them less
            Olinemen get penalties when they are out of position and beat.
            That is how Penning gets the majority of his.

Starting out, Penning will look like Tarzan & play like Jane.

I agree: stay away.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

The pass-rushing group is not as clean, but it does show some level of prediction.

Below are the top 3-cone times for EDGE and DL that were drafted in the fourth round or earlier since 2007.

19 prospects hit the Combine 3-cone threshold of 6.89 seconds that went on to be selected in the top four rounds (five others hit that mark but were drafted in rounds 5-7 or were not drafted at all).

The recent emergence of Maxx Crosby, Tyus Bowser, Harold Landry and Sam Hubbard makes this list even better.

Cliff Avril and Clay Matthews just missed with a 6.90. Anthony Barr, who now plays off the ball, registered a 6.82 a few years ago. Again, both of these are only including NFL Combine participants. Obviously all are not “hits,” but the rate of success (of varying degrees based on expectations) in comparison to other positions is high.

Let me reiterate that I am a believer in composite scores. The goal here was to find singular athletic tests that best predict success, and the OL shuttle is undeniable for the top percentile.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Irmo, SC
                • Send PM

I know a lot of people here are down on Jordan Davis, but a 4.82 at 341 is absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by blueman View Post
                  O was #4, D was #30. We will not pick RT at 17.
                  There are more defensive positional needs than offensive ones, so the odds probably do favor a defensive player being selected with any of our draft picks, including our pick in the first round as our roster stands now.

However, what happens in free agency can impact this situation significantly. For example, if we sign 3-4 new defensive starters in free agency, then both sides of the ball are more balanced in terms of need entering the draft.

And even if we do not, RT is a position of need, so I do not agree that there is no chance that we will select a RT at #17. If a RT is the BPA on the board, we will absolutely select a RT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Address the D with solid players, not stars, in FA. Opens up the 1st to many options.
                    I agree. If we enter the draft with fewer defensive needs, then we will have greater flexibility in the draft to select the BPA and not reach because of a perceived urgent need.

Comment

• Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Root cause Trying to hurt people
                      Solution Try to hurt them less
                      I agree. It is not like Penning is Vontaze Burfict. I like his aggression and his physical ability and his in game performance. If he is a little over the line on occasion, I think that can be coached. It would be poor draft strategy to pass on a talent like Penning over a coachable issue. It is not as if he does not have the talent to play while committing fewer penalties.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
                        I know a lot of people here are down on Jordan Davis, but a 4.82 at 341 is absolutely ridiculous.
                        That's a ridiculous time. Curious looking at his other measurables.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
                          I'd draft him if we traded way down in the 1st.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X