• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
    He won't be there at 17 but what an incredible play by Travon Walker in the Natty.

Sorry couldn't link the tweet in

https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status..._0-xKj2NZ0fmbw
    I wouldn't rule it out entirely.

GMs typically draft defensive lineman high (top 10) who they cleanly project as guys who will get sacks or apply unbearable pressure each down.
    No one knows for sure where Walker will play: edge/interior

This guy below came from a major program (LSU) and was drafted in the middle of the 3rd round: everyone knew about his upside.
    He went 5 picks after Craig Mager: unfortunately for us, he didn't play for Texas state University or Notre Dame
    And yes, he turned into an NFL stud before injury.

NFL Combine Scores
    40 Yard Dash: 4.57 seconds
    40 Yard (MPH): 17.9 (MPH)
    20 Yard Split: 2.67 seconds
    10 Yard Split: 1.57 seconds
    Bench Press: 25 reps (225 lb)
    Wonderlic:
    77.13 inches
    Weight: 252 lbs
    Broad Jump: 130 inches
    Hand Size: 10.5 inches
    Arm Length: 34.25 inches
    20 Yd Shuttle: 4.35 seconds
    Three Cone: 6.95 s

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
      Jordan Davis is a monster...and if all the edge and CBs are snatched up, thanks to this weak QB class, and we have another plan for RT, in house or FA, I would absolutely be ok with that pick...don't understand the handful of people on here who are haters...I think he is a viable prospect. Now, I am hopeful for edge, corner, or RT...but I'm not gonna throw a hissy because we happen to pick him. Gotta have faith that if Staley wants him, that Staley is confident he fits here, and any "hand technique" or other issues, can be coached up.

For those of you thinking WR...I wouldn't be crushed if that was the pick, but there are gonna be some nice pieces to add to our pretty decent group on day 2. I'm still watching George Pickens real close...late college career injuries and poor QB play have this guy flying under the radar, but I have seen him make some ridiculous snags with those mitts throughout his career...would love him in the second.
      LSU coaching staff had little success with him. Why would Staley's young coaching staff turn that around.

Honestly, i'll try to look at Davis again. I noticed he didn't do the shuttle or 3 cone.....his explosion scores though are off the chart.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Penning probably won't be on the board at 17, and after yesterday you can forget about Jordan Davis being drafted at 17 realistically both of theses players won't be available. HOWEVER if Penning falls to pick 17 its the same thing as last season with Slater. You draft Penning at 17 period... Cross maybe. If all these players are gone, you go the best player available at DT,LB,DE or CB with pick 17 or trade down.
        If Telesco selects Penning over Cross (Walker?, McDuffie?) at #17? Wow, just wow as Topcat would say!

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I hope we sign a couple FA DT. I don't want to use our first rounder on one. I'd rather have instant results next season and rookie DTs seem to take a little time.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Stiff painful 40 from Sauce. He can do better. If he puts up 4.5's today he will put up 4.4's at his pro day. lol

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                Jordan Davis is a monster...and if all the edge and CBs are snatched up, thanks to this weak QB class, and we have another plan for RT, in house or FA, I would absolutely be ok with that pick...don't understand the handful of people on here who are haters...I think he is a viable prospect. Now, I am hopeful for edge, corner, or RT...but I'm not gonna throw a hissy because we happen to pick him. Gotta have faith that if Staley wants him, that Staley is confident he fits here, and any "hand technique" or other issues, can be coached up.

For those of you thinking WR...I wouldn't be crushed if that was the pick, but there are gonna be some nice pieces to add to our pretty decent group on day 2. I'm still watching George Pickens real close...late college career injuries and poor QB play have this guy flying under the radar, but I have seen him make some ridiculous snags with those mitts throughout his career...would love him in the second.
                Pickens is kind of my Keenan value guy in the 3rd. If he makes it there. But a guy like Keenan who may fall because of it. Similar to Keenan....outside of not being a very good blocking WR. Something Keenan is good at.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

On my radar for drafting 4th-7th Rd.

Z.Tom-OL
                  D.Robinson-Edge
                  K.Harris-RB
                  D.Bellinger-TE
                  T.Thorton-WR
                  M.Araiza-P/K

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

March 6, 2022 - 1:14 pm

No real surprises at safety weigh-in … No real surprise here, but in the end there were no real surprises when the safeties went thru their weigh-in/measurement session at the scouting combine in Indianapolis earlier today. Notre Dame’s Kyle Hamilton, who likely won’t run later today as he is still rehabbing from a foot injury, did look the part, though, as he measured in at a robust 6-4, 220 with 33-inch arms. Illinois’ Kerby Joseph (6-0.5, 203, 33″ arms) and Miami’s Bubba Bolden (6-2, 209) also had pretty good size, but for the most part the top safety prospects aren’t necessarily all that big with none of Michigan’s Dax Hill (6-0, 191), Georgia’s Lewis Cine (6-0,5, 199), Baylor’s Jalen Pitre (#5-11, 198), Oregon’s Verone McKinley (6-0.5, 191), nor Penn State’s Jaquan Brisker (6-0.5, 199) cracking the 200pound mark, but none were really expected to anyway.

March 6, 2022 - 12:56 pm

Sauce hot at CB combine weigh-in … Its always a good start when you go to the combine in a battle for the top spot at one’s position and you’re the best looking guy at the weigh-in/measurement session. Of course, they still have the on-field stuff to do later this afternoon, but at least in shorts, Ahmad – call me Sauce – Gardner of Cincinnati certainly looked the part of a shut-down NFL QB. In particular, NFL teams are always looking for length in a cover corner and will get that in Gardner who measured in at 6-2.5, 190 with 33.5-inch arms. In contrast, LSU’s Derek Stingley, the other CB generally thought to have top ten potential this year, was only 6-0, 190 with just 30.5-inch arms. In fact, short arms might be the story of the CB weigh-in as both Roger McCreary of Auburn and Washington’s Trent McDuffie, each of whom is considered to something of a rising prospect in this year’s class, had arms that came in at under 30 inches with McCreary measuring only 29 inches. At the same time, both Kyler Gordon, the UDub corner, and Georgia’s Derion Kendrick both had 31-inch arms, while Clemson’s Andrew Booth came in at 31.5. At the same time, a couple of other less well known corners looked pretty good including Tariq Wooten of Texas-San Antonio, who was already getting some buzz around the NFL, and Josh Williams of FCS Fayetteville State. Wooten, for example, impressed at 6-3.5, 205 with 33.5-inch arms, while Williams measured in at 6-2.5, 195 with 33-inch arms.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

Our 1st combine number link is broken. So i added "Combine Numbers 2022" to our Navbar drop down.

Comment

• PR#1
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Pickens is kind of my Keenan value guy in the 3rd. If he makes it there. But a guy like Keenan who may fall because of it. Similar to Keenan....outside of not being a very good blocking WR. Something Keenan is good at.
                        Very similar to Keenan with the acl situation.

Only played the last few games and didn't get alot of deep balls because Georgia didn't really have a deep passing attack.

But I think Pickens will be a steal in the later rounds. 6'3 200 lbs and ran a 4.40

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2020
                          • Oklahoma
                          • Send PM

Will have to see, but I am guessing Woolen with that height, length, and 40 time might be the best combo ever of the 3 at corner?
                          No clue what his tape is like? Will have to watch tonight.

Comment

Working...
                          X