• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...as I've pointed out, Vato should fare better vs. the opposing team's #2 wideout better than their #1...Davis is not great, but he's at least solid...most of the time...
    I thought ASJ is CB #2. With us playing more man coverage, I don't believe that CB's are necessarily relegated to outside/inside.
    Staley had Jalen Ramsey over their best receiver. Often that meant that he played in the slot.
    If Michael Davis is our 3rd CB, and he's against 3rd WR's... I feel better about MD.
    Having said that, I'd still go after a CB in the 3rd or 4th round.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
      Down to two, top tier, interior/tackle OL prospect's.

1a. Keynon Green, Texas A&M, 6-4 323

1b. Zion Johnson, Boston College, 6-3 312

Figured resigning Oday Aboushi no brainer but apparently not (medical?). But need to get younger and stronger, on the right side. Both players have tackle experience and can play four positions. Want Kenyon or Zion to be the starting RG next to Linsley. Get settled in and learn the offense. Pipkins and Storm to fight it out, last chance. If not one of these two premium prospects may just end up being the Chargers starting RT. Watched tape of Kenyon play Left Tackle against Alabama and it was his best tape. Would take either one over Penning.
      IMO, if they take Green or Johnson, they will leave them at LG and move Feiler over to RT.
      Aboushi hasn't been signed by anyone because he's still rehabbing. He'll be snatched up post-draft. Hopefully by us.
      Slater * Zion * Linsley * Aboushi * Feiler
      That would be amazing!

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

IMO, if they take Green or Johnson, they will leave them at LG and move Feiler over to RT.
        Aboushi hasn't been signed by anyone because he's still rehabbing. He'll be snatched up post-draft. Hopefully by us.
        Slater * Zion * Linsley * Aboushi * Feiler
        That would be amazing!
        I could swing around to your plan. Feiler is a mover, like Kenyon and he was terrific LG last season. Thought Zion more of LG and Green RT (mover) both give you options. Protect the franchise. Herbert’s next contract will be a whopper.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

I could swing around to your plan. Feiler is a mover, like Kenyon and he was terrific LG last season. Thought Zion more of LG and Green RT (mover) both give you options. Protect the franchise. Herbert’s next contract will be a whopper.
          Trying to convince people that OT is the best pick has become exhausting.
          2 years ago, I was geeked about Zion... he stayed in college.
          1 year ago, I was lobbying people to pick up Felier in FA because he was a great guard that had also played RT at a high level. Surprisingly, the Chargers agreed.

There seem to many options to complete the OL re-build this year. In the end, I'll trust that TT is talking to his OL coaches and discussing fits for the scheme. As long as they get it right, I don't care which player/round. Having said that, I reserve the right to raise my eyebrows (a heinous action everyone should dreading) if Pipkins/Norton is the plan at RT.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

When Herbert is making $40 mill a year, how can you not do everything you can to keep him on the field? That would be a a lot of money sitting in the tub.

Protect the franchise.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

I'm locking my sig mock in. A number of players and scenarios would make me happy this year, but my favorite pick for us is Zion Johnson. Great tape, tremendous physical specimen, locker room leader, terrific maturity, and a brainiac on and off the field. Best player at his position, ultra safe pick, and it fits a need. I can't find a thing wrong with this pick. Stalesco doesn't even have to interview the kid and tip their hand...just watch GMFB. I'm all in....
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

I thought ASJ is CB #2. With us playing more man coverage, I don't believe that CB's are necessarily relegated to outside/inside.
                Staley had Jalen Ramsey over their best receiver. Often that meant that he played in the slot.
                If Michael Davis is our 3rd CB, and he's against 3rd WR's... I feel better about MD.
                Having said that, I'd still go after a CB in the 3rd or 4th round.
                Agree, they arent.

Trying to convince people that OT is the best pick has become exhausting.
                2 years ago, I was geeked about Zion... he stayed in college.
                1 year ago, I was lobbying people to pick up Felier in FA because he was a great guard that had also played RT at a high level. Surprisingly, the Chargers agreed.

There seem to many options to complete the OL re-build this year. In the end, I'll trust that TT is talking to his OL coaches and discussing fits for the scheme. As long as they get it right, I don't care which player/round. Having said that, I reserve the right to raise my eyebrows (a heinous action everyone should dreading) if Pipkins/Norton is the plan at RT.
                Im sure they have a plan. You dont need to convince anyone of anything, thats just your opinion and its a valid point.

If they plan to move Fieler to RT then a OG makes sense but havent heard but only a blip about them doing that. I guess it depends on who they like better on the board. It dont matter to me, the right side just needs an upgrade and getting a RG is included in that even if Fieler is moved to RT.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

I read the Chargers had Matt Araiza in for a private meeting and workout.

I hope the get him, once in a generation punter so we don't have to worry about that spot for a decade would be great.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

And now for something completely different....

Zion is my favorite player that I think will be there at 17...but here is my favorite trade back scenario, and it might be better.

The Jets have 2 high picks this year in the first and second rounds. I believe their first 2 picks will be oline (Bechton underwhelmed) and a DB like Sauce or Stingley, or maybe even Kyle Hamilton. But you know they would love to add a WR to help out Zach Wilson...but I don't think they reach for Garrett Wilson. However, there is Olave, JW, Burks, and London to be had in the first. So, our 17 and 79 for the Jet's 35, 38, and for you chart loving bean counters, 111. That equals 1145 points for 1142 points by drafteks chart value. Honestly, I would do it without the 111 with the talent at the top of the second, but that's another debate...

Kenyon Green, Breece Hall, Kenny Walker, Boye Mafe, Daxton Hill, Jalen Pitre, Kaiir Elam, Lewis Cine, Travis Jones, Christian Watson, Bernhard Raimann, Perrion Winfrey...maybe even Burks, Nakobe Dean, Booth....who knows who slips. Some of those guys will go in the first...but several will be there in the top of the second. After 50 or so, the talent really starts to drop off...still good prospects, but there is a difference, and depending on whether a blue chipper slides to us at 17, the talent at the top of the second is very close to that in the late first...and we can get 2 of those players!!

Zion Johnson is my guy....but that tradeback is my favorite scenario for the draft.

Edit: I forgot George Pickens....nobody talks about him much on here, but he is one of my favorite receivers in this draft...unstable QB room at Georgia and injury dropped his production as of late, but he was a star when Fromm was there early in his career, and he catches with his hands...they are like football magnets.
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

When Herbert is making $40 mill a year, how can you not do everything you can to keep him on the field? That would be a a lot of money sitting in the tub.

Protect the franchise.
                      You hope Herbert is making only 40 mil a year. I think he will be 55-60 mil. When Carr is making that and Murray wants that when he hasnt even been that great, Herbert will get a lot more. Saw a stat on ESPN that Murray in his first 3 seasons has 70 TD passes, Herbert in 2 seasons has 69 with 8 rushing TDs while not being a running QB.

Murray has 70 TD passes and 20 rushing TDs in 3 seasons.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                        I'm locking my sig mock in. A number of players and scenarios would make me happy this year, but my favorite pick for us is Zion Johnson. Great tape, tremendous physical specimen, locker room leader, terrific maturity, and a brainiac on and off the field. Best player at his position, ultra safe pick, and it fits a need. I can't find a thing wrong with this pick. Stalesco doesn't even have to interview the kid and tip their hand...just watch GMFB. I'm all in....
                        Solid on line play but light in the defensive backfield. Good thing we have 10 picks though, we can bring in some nice depth. Getting a probowler in the 1st is always a good thing.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You hope Herbert is making only 40 mil a year. I think he will be 55-60 mil. When Carr is making that and Murray wants that when he hasnt even been that great, Herbert will get a lot more. Saw a stat on ESPN that Murray in his first 3 seasons has 70 TD passes, Herbert in 2 seasons has 69 with 8 rushing TDs while not being a running QB.

Murray has 70 TD passes and 20 rushing TDs in 3 seasons.
                          $55 to $60 million. Better find away to protect that investment. #1 way, don’t let him get hit.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X