• Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Yes. FA OT and IDL.
    Draft more LOS changers in R3+ and CBs.
    Draft….
    1] Treylon Burks
    2] Breece Hall
    What FA RTs you smellin in the off season?
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Araiza just knocked the shit out of that PR. Late hit but I’ll take a thumper as a punter.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

What FA RTs you got you’re eye on?

Yes..I know, it looks like FARTs.
        Cam Robinson, Eric Fisher, Joseph Noteboom, Tyrell Crosby are my top 4 currently that would fit nicely both on the roster/Cap space.

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

What FA RTs you smellin in the off season?
          The list is pretty short. Morgan Moses may be a target and is one of the younger options who will be 31 next season. Not sure if he is a great option though. Prettt short list and some may be resigned.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Cam Robinson, Eric Fisher, Joseph Noteboom, Tyrell Crosby are my top 4 currently that would fit nicely both on the roster/Cap space.
            Assuming Cam Robertson agrees to play RT. He will get other offers. more money may pursuade him.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Assuming Cam Robertson agrees to play RT. He will get other offers. more money may pursuade him.
              Money usually does but I think he’ll be in the $14M-$17M APY range and we can easily do that.

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Is Breece Hall calling it a college career as he isnt playing in the MW Championship game today ? I turned it on near end of the 1st quarter as i was watching Ok st lose to Baylor. Good game there.
                Hoping Hall didnt get hurt is why im asking.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Georgia-Bama SEC Championship game is on CBS.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

And here's the peril of trading down instead of getting a top foundational player. And the 7th pick next year might be worth the 15th pick this year.

Did Giants fail by drafting Kadarius Toney instead of Cowboys’ Micah Parsons, Chargers’ Rashawn Slater? Early returns aren’t great, but ...

Updated: Dec. 04, 2021, 6:45 a.m. | Published: Dec. 04, 2021, 6:45 a.m.

New York Giants practice on Dec. 1, 2021, before Dolphins game

By Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

After traveling to Miami on Sunday, the Giants face the Chargers and Cowboys the next two weeks. Which will put a spotlight on their decision to draft wide receiver Kadarius Toney in Round 1 this year, instead of offensive tackle Rashawn Slater or linebacker Micah Parsons.

The Giants had the 11th overall pick, but they traded back to No. 20, so the Bears could move up and draft quarterback Justin Fields. The Giants got a 2021 fifth-rounder pick, plus a first-rounder and fourth-rounder in 2022 from the Bears. Quite the haul.

At No. 20, the Giants wound up picking Toney — after Parsons and Slater went 12th and 13th to the Cowboys and Chargers, respectively. Parsons and Slater have been high-impact rookies this season. Toney has shown flashes of potential, but hasn’t been as impactful.

Obviously, there’s still a lot of time for this all to sort out. Maybe Toney takes a big leap in Year 2, provided he can stay healthy. He has missed two games so far this season, and probably will miss Sunday’s game in Miami, because of quadriceps and oblique injuries. (He is listed as doubtful.)

Plus, the Giants have that extra first-rounder from the Bears next year. Right now, it’s projected to be the seventh pick. So there’s a chance for the Giants to get a future star there — provided their likely new general manager makes the right pick.

Toney this season has 35 catches for 392 yards and zero touchdowns, plus three rushes for 6 yards and zero touchdowns. He had 78 and 189 yards in back-to-back games, against the Saints and Cowboys, but otherwise hasn’t eclipsed 40 yards.

Toney came to the Giants as a raw receiver, albeit an impressive athlete. At this point in his career, he is a versatile, gadget-type player who needs an offensive coordinator who knows how to creatively use him. Clearly, that wasn’t Jason Garrett, who got canned last month.

So yeah, Garrett could have been holding Toney back, along with some nagging injuries. But the bottom line remains: Toney was a luxury pick for the Giants, who already had a slot receiver, Sterling Shepard.

And the Giants, at this stage of their rebuilding process, weren’t exactly in a position to be picking luxury-type players in Round 1 — especially when they had bigger and more pressing needs that Parsons or Slater could have filled.

Parsons was just named the NFL’s Defensive Rookie of the Month for November. He has 10 sacks and 25 quarterback hits through 12 games. Meanwhile, the Giants rank second-to-last in the NFL in Pro Football Focus’ pass rush ratings.

Parsons has been one of the NFL’s best linebackers, period — not just among rookies. He is currently rated first at the position by PFF, including first as a pass rusher (with an astounding 92.7 grade). Leonard Williams — who the Giants just gave $45 million guaranteed, in a new contract — has 5.5 sacks and 10 quarterback hits.

NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah on Wednesday tweeted this about Parsons:

Micah Parsons has the most upside of any pass rusher in the NFL. His twitch, burst and bend is off the charts. He can be a 20 sack guy in this league. I know how stupid that sounds but it’s absolutely true. He can be an all-pro off the ball linebacker but I’d keep him on edge.

Plus, Parsons was recruited to Penn State by Sean Spencer, who is now the Giants’ defensive line coach. And the Giants still passed on a chance to take him at No. 11.

As for Slater, yes, the Giants already committed to left tackle Andrew Thomas in last year’s draft, by picking him fourth overall. But right tackle was — and still is — an issue, since 2020 third-round pick Matt Peart couldn’t — and still can’t — overtake Nate Solder, who is terrible.

Slater, meanwhile, has impressed as the Chargers’ left tackle. He surely just as easily could’ve produced similar results as the Giants’ right tackle, you’d think. Among offensive tackles who have played at least 80% of the snaps this season, Slater ranks second overall in PFF’s ratings, including third as a run blocker and sixth as a pass blocker.

Will Toney and that extra 2022 first-rounder wind up giving the Giants more than Parsons or Slater could have? It’s too soon to know for sure, but the early returns aren’t great.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

I thought Kadarius Toney was an astronomical reach at #20. Besides Leatherwood, it was the reach of R1.

Better players were on the board—Stokes, Oweh, Rousseau, Newsome, Tryon, even Darrisaw would have been a better pick than Toney at #20 overall.

Plus the Giants got the Bears #1 pick in 2022, which is #7 overall if the draft were today.
                      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

image_2021-12-04_132435.png

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                          Is Breece Hall calling it a college career as he isnt playing in the MW Championship game today ? I turned it on near end of the 1st quarter as i was watching Ok st lose to Baylor. Good game there.
                          Hoping Hall didnt get hurt is why im asking.
                          Breece plays for Iowa State. Whatever bowl game they get this year will be his final college game.

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X