• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Devin Lloyd, LB Utah had a nice pick-6...looks like a decent coverage LB...might be a good mid round value...
    Noah Sewell, Oregon, Penei's kid bro, a real thumper of a LB...still a freshman...
    Lloyd should get a first round grade...lots of ability. Otay Ranch HS.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

SDSU Aztecs > Pac-12, lol.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        SDSU Aztecs > Pac-12, lol.
        Right? How many PAC-12 teams do my Aztecs have to beat? Lol … btw Utah was up 38-3 for their championship last i checked, and Aztecs beat them.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

think traditionally that the good NTs go mid round one or thereabouts, and good edge rushers go first round as well.... Jordan Davis, Jermaine Johnson (Walter had him @7 overall on his last mock)

Jr. went 5 overall, but you can oft get a decent LB round two, and.... yes, am a fan/proponent of two top flight wideouts for the Chargers, not to mention RB & TE as well.

and that said again, we are not done on the Oline.... personally think we should go for any and everyone that would make a good Charger in FA, and regardless of position.

we went to the SB w/Leslie & Jr.

do we follow the traditional Charger model w/a high powered Fouts, Rivers, Hadl, etc. offense, or do we look to our defense to take us to the promised land next season ?? !!
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Devin Lloyd, LB Utah had a nice pick-6...looks like a decent coverage LB...might be a good mid round value...
            Noah Sewell, Oregon, Penei's kid bro, a real thumper of a LB...still a freshman...
            Lloyd will be gone by pick 25.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Right now, we are geared to have an explosive offense. There are just a couple missing pieces.
              RT is the obvious PON. I want an offensive line that can pass block AND run block. Playoffs... bad weather... be well-rounded.
              RB and WR are less obvious PON's. We've got 1 clutch WR. The rest disappear for weeks at a time. Give me a 2nd WR on the other side of Keenan. Make them defend everywhere! Short routes, longer routes, the middle, deep. Spread defenses! Another effective RB would allow us to be more balanced, score more efficiently in the redzone, put teams away in the 4th quarter, and compete late in the season/playoffs in cold weather. I want the offense to be physical. Break hearts... make them submit. You know... like other teams do to us...

Sure, we need to be better on defense too. Get a young CB and EDGE. Once we get a lead (see above) and make others' defenses 1-dimensional... be opportunistic. Wasn'r "being multiple" and "disguising coverages" suppossed to be Staley's forte...? I suspect it's difficult to disguise anything if your run defense couldn't stop my grandma. Get some tougher run-stoppers along the DL. They don't have to be elite. The Ravens do this through mid-rounders and FA's. Why can't we...?

Oh, and fire Lombardi.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Utah crushed the Ducks a couple of weeks ago. Can they turn that around in such a short time? I hope so - I'm a Ducks fan. My neighbor has a Ducks flag he flies on game days. We're ready here in Salem!
                Same as last time, the Utah DL dominated. The Ducks are largely a running team but they couldn't run against Utah. I'm disappointed they couldn't put up a better fight.

I think Sewell is a Soph.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Build the lines first.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    Build the lines first.
                    Agree.

Adding more skill players while ignoring the trenches is like adding more diamonds to a crown made of lead. But Jameson Williams and Zach Charbonnet would look good in powder blue. Can we do both?
                    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Agree.

Adding more skill players while ignoring the trenches is like adding more diamonds to a crown made of lead. But Jameson Williams and Zach Charbonnet would look good in powder blue. Can we do both?
                      I love the fun players, but you have to do what you have to do before you do what you want to do.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Agree.

Yes. FA OT and IDL.
                        Draft more LOS changers in R3+ and CBs.
                        Draft….
                        1] Treylon Burks
                        2] Breece Hall
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

I did 2 different mocks this morning... targeting some of the concerns we all have. In this scenario, I would prefer some moves be made via FA. 2 run stopping DT's and a premier WR would be my choice.

1st: CB. I like McCreary. But could be Elam or McDuffie.
                          2nd: EDGE. I suspect JJ3 will be gone. I'm just as happy with Ebiketie.
                          3rd: RT. I like Lucas. But if he's gone, I think Max would be just fine.
                          4th: ILB Leo Chenal. I don't know if he lasts this long. But gives us depth. Pass rush doesn't have to come exclusively from the EDGE. Chenal, Tranq, and Murray.
                          5th: WR. After getting a proven WR via FA... I provide depth. I've seen 2 good WR's here... Donte Demus Jr and Xavier Hutchinson.
                          #198: RB. Pierre Strong. Has some ST experience. Here's that #2 RB.
                          #215: IDL. After fortifying with 2 FA IDL, I add another IDL. Stout run defender or pass-rusher...? There are several of both. Ridgeway or Robert Cooper. LaBryan Ray or Jared Harrison-Hunte...?
                          #216: CB/NB. Josh Jolly. Campbell is 28 and likely hit his ceiling. I'm going young depth. With a 1st round CB, I'm moving ASJ inside and Jolly becomes my depth at slot.
                          #220: RB: Cam'ron Harris or Raheem Blackshear. Put Joshua Kelly and Larry Roundtree on notice. Deep, deep class of RB's this draft.
                          #240: WR: Ronnie Bell or Emeke Emezie. Another deep, deep position. Bye-bye Guyton. Keep drafting here until you get it right. Emezie or Bell are good slot depth behind Palmer.
                          #256: TE: Grant Calcaterra or Brant Kuithe. Depth behind developing TE group.

Moving on from older players (Joseph, Harris Jr., Cook ect.). Picking up vital needs in FA (WR and IDL). Drafting vital needs (CB, EDGE, RT). Then building depth...

Comment

Working...
                          X